21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night was bustling with bright city lights and the lights of the cars jammed in between the high skyrises, the stars above hidden behind a mist of clouds that blanketed over New York City as Tony flew between buildings back home. He had just attached new tech to the transmission lines underwater for his supposed cleaner reactor arc energy.

"Good to go on this end. The rest is up to you."

"You disconnected the transmission lines?" (y/n) asked as she sat on a swivel stool, looking over at the various holographic computers with Pepper to make sure everything was going according to plan.

"Are we off the grid?" Pepper asks.

"Stark Tower is about to become a beacon of self-sustaining clean energy." Tony smirks and (y/n) rolls her eyes with Pepper, an amused smile on both of their faces.

"Well, assuming the arc reactor takes over and it actually works." Pepper chuckles lightly and Tony pressures her.

"Let's light this baby up!" (y/n) exclaims, turning a switch and beaming when she sees that Stark Towers was up and running beautifully. It was like Christmas but more... Tony Stark. 

"How about we go get shwarma to celebrate this moment?" Tony says and he laughs as he hears an excited yes from the girl he and Pepper were taking care of through his comms. It has been a couple of months now since (y/n) has been staying with them, easily adapting to the new world under more a positive environment and also adapting to the world that is Tony Stark the genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.

The minute Tony set (y/n) down on her feet in front of Stark Tower, she ran to a public bin and puked out her guts. Granted, it was not the best way to start her adventure with this new metal man and it was the worst way to figure out her dire fear of heights. Never again in Tony's arms or in anyone arms... Never again will she ever go flying without being in the safe confines of the walls of a flying vehicle like the helecarrier.

Tony was surprisingly very patient with (y/n) when he showed her the tower and the floor they were living in, giving her, her very own bedroom and bathroom which she deemed was as luxurious as the one she had back home in Asgard. If not more even. The perks of being a billionaire it seems.

(y/n) was in awe of the whole room, enjoying the view she received from being able to see all of New York like she used to have from her home with having the whole view of Asgard. In some ways, it was almost like a home away from home with all it's similarities. She immediately felt comfortable in the large and spacious tower with a tech genius who was more than happy to teach her everything he knew.

Tony was shocked and eager to learn that (y/n) enjoyed learning. Especially about everything she could learn about Midgard and it's multiple continents, people and their ideologies. She especially loved learning about New Yorks culture and their people, its spontaneous and quite strange traditions and rules.

Of course (y/n) was an intelligent goddess who wanted to understand everything around her, but that didn't mean she could understand everything. Tony was smart, but even his work and his experiments were much too intelligent for (y/n) to understand. Expecially about his work about nano technology that he was been trying to perfect, using (y/n) as she was the perfect subject but only after she gave her consent.

(y/n) was a lovable kid in Tony's eyes despite being decades older than him, enjoying her company and the glint of fascination in her eyes for even the smallest of things. Sometimes she reminded him of himself, other times she reminded him of Pepper. Especially when it came to cleaniless and keeping things orderly. When Pepper first met (y/n), she was originally barging into Tony's lab to yell at him for something he did once again that she did not agree with to see another young lady already yelling at him for his lab being an absolute pigsty.