Chapter 7- The Truth

3rd Person Pov

When the Azur Lane fleet arrived back at base, Cleveland was carrying Y/N's body to Vestal who took it from there and immediately placed him on the bed to run some tests. Outside, Cleveland was trying to comfort her sister, especially Monty.

Cleveland: Don't worry, I'm sure our brother is fine, he'll be out soon, good as new.

Monty: Why... Why haven't I seen it sooner... He's suffering alone... And I did nothing...

Denver: Monty... Are you okay-

Monty: Do I look okay to you?! Our brother was suffering from the very beginning and you 3 didn't notice it!

Columbia: What are you... *realization hits*... Oh... He was...

Cleveland: What do you mean he was suffering? He looked fine to me.

Columbia: Aneki, he said Dying Soul when his skill was activated. No ship or any of us has that skill unless one is going to die soon.

Cleveland: Die... No, I won't believe that he's dead, he will survive, he...he will be with us... Please live...

Vestal came out and the Cleveland sisters immediately got up, praying that the results were positive, but, Vestal's face said otherwise.

Vestal: I'm sorry... I did all I can but... He's gone...

Cleveland: T-This is a joke... Right? You're just joking that he's alive, please tell me this is all a joke!

Vestal:... No... You were too late to save him... He was long gone before you even arrived.

Montpelier had enough and got angry as she then graps Vestal's collar and tried to punch her.

Monty: I want to see him! He's my brother, he is strong, he won't give up on us! I'm sure that he'll wake up, my brother is the greatest!!

Vestal: I know it's hard for you, Montpelier, but you have to accept the fact that he's gone, take a look at him if you want.

Monty seemed to calm down a bit before the 4 then entered to room, the heart monitor showed a straight line, and brain waves weren't detected.

Denver: You... You can't be serious, something must be wrong here! Y/N wouldn't just die like that!

Vestal: But he did, I attached everything and did what I could.

Cleveland: Wait... His wisdom cube... It's not here... W-Where is his wisdom cube?!!?

Vestal: He gave it to Yorktown to save her life in exchange for his.

Denver: But why?! Why would he do such a thing?!

Vestal: It's time... That you all learn the truth about Y/N...

Cleveland sisters: What truth?

Vestal: Ever since Y/N came to this world and met the 4 of you, when I performed some tests on him, the reason why he didn't go all out on that fight when he was against the 4 of you, was because he had Stage 4 Heart Cancer and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy in his heart as well, giving him the skill, Dying soul.

Cleveland: But... That's impossible... Ships don't get cancer let alone a heart problem.

Vestal: Then he hasn't told you everything. Before meeting you, he was depressed because he witnessed the 4 of you die in front of him, he couldn't bring himself to the battlefield, but it was what you all wanted for him. So, he continued, but with all the stress and pressure building up with some other problems, he caught Heart Cancer and the other one.