Chapter 12- The Broken Ships Pt 2

Your Pov

While at sea, it was quite difficult to try and talk to the 3 other ships with me. Well, I was from Eagle Union and they are from Iron Blood, but still, I can't help but feel bothered about Roon and Prinz Eugen, I'm sure even Friedrich noticed. As I slwoed down, I went near Friedrich and whispered to her so that Roon and Prinz Eugen couldn't hear what we are saying.

You: Hey, Friedrich, mind if I ask you a question?

Friedrich: Of course, my child, if it's within of what I can answer, then sure, ask away.

You: It's about Roon and Prinz Eugen, have you noticed that something is wrong with them?

Friedrich dropped her face as it went sour. I knew that she would know what is up with Friedrich.

Friedrich: How would you like to know about those 2?

You: Well, it's just that Roon is trying a bit too hard to make me her friend while Prinz Eugen is hiding something. Those smiles... They aren't real smiles, aren't they?

Friedrich:... You guessed it, those 2 aren't really smiling, they are just putting on an act, but honestly though, Prinz Eugen is more worse than Roon. I'll tell you about it.

Flashback
Friedrich Der Grobe Pov
It was about before you even came, maybe even 20 years before you came to this world. I'll start with Roon's case. When Roon was born from her wisdom cube, I took her in as one of my own, but, the previous commanders took advantage of her by making Roon go through hard sorties alone until the point that she only had a crazy smile on her face.

Past Roon: Hahahah!!! What's wrong?! Cat got your tounge?!

When she saw that all the commanders stopped sending her on missions, she asked herself why, she was strong and dependable, but something was missing, affection from someone besides me.

Past Roon: Mom, what is wrong with me? I do what the commander says and asks but... Why... Why don't they like me?

Past Friedrich: Oh no no, my child, they do like you, they are just... Concerned about your health.

Past Roon: How will I know that they like me?

Past Friedrich: If a male hugs you with the same affection as I give you, then you'll know that the commander likes you.

But that day never came. Instead, she was greater my neglection of the other commanders, so she kept her distance away from others other than me.

You: That's quite sad... I never knew that Roon would have that much to suffer.

That wasn't as much as Prinz Eugen's pain however. During Operation Rheinbung, Prinz Eugen was the escorts of Bismarck but sailed away from her. She survived many close calls, even taking a few bombs, but at the cost of losing her friends. Because of this, she hates being called Lucky Eugen. On top of that, she was verbally, physically, and mentally Abused by the commanders all the time. *sigh* Sometimes, I can hear her crying alone in her room while Hipper is out.