3

As Yoongi walks into his final class for the day, he's surprised to see how packed it is. Numerous conversations are going on at one time, causing all of the voices to blend together into a loud chatter.

As he scans his eyes around the room, he realizes there are only two empty seats available, and both of them are on either side of a woman.

Her dirty blonde hair is falling in messy waves around her face and shoulders as she stares intently at something on the desk in front of her.

With a start, Yoongi realizes that she is the woman from last night. The one who he saw in the music room. The one he couldn't get out of his mind ever since he heard her play.

He slowly makes his way to the back of the room to the empty seats and clears his throat once he gets close enough for her to hear him.

"Is this seat taken?" he asks, pointing to the chair situated to her right.

She silently shakes her head and looks up to see who the voice belongs to, and her light blue eyes widen slightly as she realizes that she recognizes him.

She quickly looks back down at the book on her desk and doesn't give Yoongi another glance as he seats himself next to her.

He runs his hand through his blonde hair, feeling instantly frustrated knowing that he gave such a poor first impression of himself to this girl.

"Sorry again about last night," he says, glancing over at her, but she just shrugs her shoulders and continues to read.

"Hey Aria," a man says as he approaches the woman seated next to Yoongi. "Let's go out later."

Aria completely ignores his presence as she continues to act immersed in her textbook.

"How about this: Say nothing if you agree to go out with me," he says, biting his lip as he holds back his laughter, his jet black hair falling down onto his forehead when he leans toward Aria, trying to catch her facial expression.

Aria's eyes shoot up and lock on the man, a furious look on her face.

Yoongi frowns, confused as to what is going on. Suddenly, a brown-haired man walks up to the three of them.

"What's going on here?" The man asks, a bright smile on his face as he stares at Aria.

"Aria and I are going on a date," the black-haired man exclaims and the brown-haired man scoffs loudly.

"The hell you are," he snaps.

"What do you care, huh?" The black-haired man snaps back, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm her boyfriend," the brown-haired man states casually.

Aria slams her hand down on the table and turns her angry gaze over to the brown-haired man, but he barely looks at her as he continues.

"You forgot your house key at home, babe. You're so forgetful sometimes," he says, grinning even more brightly as he places a key on top of the book Aria has in front of her and then he ruffles her hair, making it even messier than it was before.

"Wow Aria, you're dating him? That's sad," the black-haired man scoffs as he turns on his heel to walk away. "If you want a real man, come see me. Yeah?"

Aria scowls and flips him off as he retreats back to his group of friends, who are laughing hysterically.

"Sorry," the brown-haired man says as soon as the other man leaves. "You know he'd never leave you alone if he knew you were single, Aria."

She glares at him for a moment before sighing and nodding her head.

"Oh! Who's this? New friend?" He asks suddenly, pointing to Yoongi.

"We just met," Yoongi says. "I'm Yoongi."

"Hoseok," the brown-haired man says, holding his hand out for Yoongi to shake.

After Yoongi shakes his hand, Hoseok gestures to Aria and grins. "And this is Aria."

"Nice to meet you both," Yoongi says, sending Aria a small smile which she doesn't return.

"Are you new? I don't recall seeing you around before," Hoseok says, frowning slightly as he taps his chin.

"Just transferred," Yoongi explains.

"Ah, okay. Well I'm a dance major so I don't have any reason to stay here. I just came to drop off Aria's key," Hoseok replies, ruffling Aria's hair again.

She frowns and smacks his hand away.

"Someone's grouchy today, gosh," Hoseok says, rolling his eyes. "I get that you're like my bratty older sister, but that doesn't mean you can actually act like you're my bratty older sister."

She sighs and nods, sending him a small smile.

"I accept your apology," he says, laughing.

"She didn't even apologize," Yoongi says, looking between the two, utterly confused.

"Oh, right. You don't know since you're new," Hoseok says, biting his lower lip as he gives Yoongi an uncomfortable look, his eyes slowly moving to glance over at Aria.

Yoongi looks over at Aria too and she is staring at her book again.

"Can I tell him? He'll get confused pretty quickly if I don't," Hoseok says to Aria and she sighs before rubbing her temples in irritation.

Whatever it is, she obviously doesn't like it being talked about. It's clear through the look on her face and her body language. She's uncomfortable and maybe even... worried?

She slowly nods.

"You don't have to. It seems like you don't want to talk about it," Yoongi says to Aria and she rolls her eyes.

"She doesn't want to talk about it, but that's not the only problem," Hoseok explains as he bites his lip again, giving Aria another quick glance before turning his full attention to Yoongi.

"She can't talk about it. In fact, she can't talk about anything," Hoseok says.

Yoongi frowns in confusion. "What do you mean she can't?"

"She's mute. She can't speak," he says finally and Yoongi slowly turns to look at Aria, who is purposefully avoiding his gaze by immersing herself deeply into her textbook.

"What... what happened?" Yoongi asks quietly, keeping his gaze on Aria.

"She-"

Aria slams her hand on the table again, signaling Hoseok to stop talking.

"Ah. Sorry, she doesn't want you to know any more," he says quietly. "I should go. I have a class."

Hoseok leans forward and kisses Aria's forehead before quickly exiting the room.

A few moments later, the professor walks in and places his briefcase on his desk before turning to face the class.

He sees Yoongi at the back of the room and gives him a small smile, wordlessly welcoming his nephew into his class. His eyebrows shoot up slightly as he notices who his nephew is sitting next to, but he quickly shakes his head and clears his throat.

But he can't help what the voice in his head is thinking.

"Could this be a sign that they're meant to know each other? How big of a coincidence could this be that my nephew sat beside her?"

Yoongi smiles back, though it's a half-hearted response as his thoughts are immersed in the girl next to him.

What is her story? And how does it tie into what Yoongi heard come from that music room last night?