32

The next day, when Yoongi wakes up to start his day filled with classes, things seem different.

Things seem better.

The water of his shower is more soothing. His breakfast tastes more satisfying. The sunlight on his skin is welcoming. The drive to campus is peaceful and his classes breeze by without a single negative thought crossing his mind.

Things seem better.

Yoongi finds that he is paying more attention to each lecture; his notes for each lesson are thorough and will be helpful when he's studying for mid-terms in a few months. Usually, he's zoned out or scribbling on sheet music secretly, but today, he feels determined and he feels motivated.

As his last class of the day draws closer and closer, Yoongi's heart rate begins to elevate in his excitement. After a perfect afternoon of making Aria his girlfriend and then cuddling together on the couch while watching movies, he took her home and really hasn't stopped smiling since then. Today is their first full day of belonging to each other; for so long, all each of them had fully in their grasp was music. Now, they have each other.

Yoongi's grinning from ear to ear as he walks into his uncle's classroom, remembering how excited his uncle was when Yoongi told him about what happened on their nightly phone call. His uncle had told him that he knew how special Aria is and how he is so thankful that the two found each other in the midst of, arguably, the darkest times of their lives.

Yoongi's eyes immediately scan the classroom, looking for the light blue eyes that always seem to come to life when she sees his form appear in the doorway, but Yoongi is surprised to find her usual seat empty.

Yoongi frowns slightly as he walks up to take his seat. Her stuff isn't on the table, and she isn't seated in her usual spot where she is always scribbling down in that notebook of hers.

She always gets here before him.

A wave of emotions crashes into Yoongi as he takes his seat alone.

He feels confused; where is his girlfriend?

He feels worried; does she regret saying 'yes' to him and now she is avoiding him?

He feels concerned; is she okay? Did something happen to her?

He reaches into his bag and pulls out his phone to see a missed call from Hoseok, and Yoongi's heart skips a beat as he immediately calls him back.

"Yoongs," Hoseok says.

"Is she okay?" Yoongi responds immediately, fingers tapping his desk nervously.

"She's okay," he assures him and Yoongi lets his muscles relax until he hears Hoseok continuing.

"But she's not doing great," he admits and Yoongi's breath catches in his throat. Before he can ask what's wrong, Hoseok continues again.

"Ever since the accident, she gets these migraines from time to time. It's a side effect of having brain damage and a fractured skull. Anyway, usually I skip all of my classes when these migraines affect her because they get really intense for her, and that's exactly what I did today. But there's an emergency at my parents' restaurant that requires my assistance, and I was just wondering if maybe you could come over and just sit with her while I go? It's completely fine if you can't; I'll just tell my parents that-"

"Hobi," Yoongi says, already standing back up and slinging his bag over his shoulder. "I'm on my way."

Hoseok sighs in relief. "Thank you so much, Yoongs. You're truly her guardian angel."

Yoongi smiles softly before telling him that he'll be there soon and hanging up. Yoongi stops by the nearest store to grab some comfort items for Aria before heading to the apartment that Aria and Hoseok share.

He grabs what he needs from his car and quickly makes his way up to their apartment, and before he can even knock, Hoseok opens the door, already in his parents' restaurant's uniform.

"Thank you so much, Yoongs," Hoseok says, slightly out of breath. "All you need to do is watch her and get her something if she needs it. She's already taken some fairly strong pain medication, so she very well may sleep the entire time I'm gone. It shouldn't be more than two hours or so and I'll text you if that time frame changes."

"I got it. Just go do what you need to do," Yoongi says as he walks into the living room, patting Hoseok on the back as Hoseok nods and grabs his keys. He sends Yoongi a quick grin before jogging down the hallway.

Yoongi shuts and locks the door behind him. After taking his shoes off, he starts to go towards the stairs to get to Aria's bedroom, but he stops in his tracks when he sees her laying on the couch in the living room instead.

Yoongi's heart drops when he sees her.

Aria is pale; her skin is nearly paper white and there is a thin layer of sweat dripping down her face. Her hair is pulled into a loose bun and she's curled into a ball on the couch, her arms folded on either side of her head to drown out any noise surrounding her. He can tell that she has been crying; her eyes are red and swollen and her nose is also red.

Yoongi notices that the only light in the room is the sunlight filtering in through the window; Hoseok must have kept all of the lights off to make it a bit easier on her.

He decides to close the curtains over the window letting the sunlight in; he knows that if he squints, he'll be able to adjust to the darkness and be able to move around.

As quietly as he can, he moves over to where Aria is laying and he kneels down next to her, gently pulling the wet cloth from her forehead to run cool water over it, and when he places it back onto her, her eyes slowly flutter open and their gazes lock.

Her usually bright orbs are dull and there are dark circles underneath her barely open eyes.

Yoongi can tell she is having a hard time focusing on his face, so he leans forward slightly and whispers "hey beautiful" to her and he immediately sees every muscle in her body slowly relax. As her eyes flutter closed again, her lips lift into the tiniest of smiles at the sound of his voice.