52

Hoseok laughs loudly at the dinner table as Aria pushes the crumbs around on her plate, trying to conceal the blush blossoming on her cheeks.

"Damn," Hoseok says, breathlessly as Yoongi smiles proudly. "She really did that?"

"Yep," Yoongi says, nudging Aria, who glares at him for a moment before sighing and focusing on her plate once again. "She buried that loser for everything he's done to her."

"Good riddance," Hoseok shrugs. "Wish I could have seen that, though."

"It was definitely something," Yoongi says, reaching over to rub Aria's back, his hand moving in circles against her shirt as he feels her visibly relax.

Through the thunderous applause and cheering that Aria received earlier that day for her solo, Yoongi knows that she is still very much upset about the events leading up to it.

The man's words stung her; they always have. She will never admit it, but Yoongi knows.

So while Yoongi knows that she feels proud of herself for standing up to him and publicly putting him in his rightful place, he knows that she is still hurt.

Yoongi kisses Aria's cheek and then starts to laugh when he sees Hoseok pull out his phone and snap a picture of the couple across from them, causing Aria to throw her fork at her friend.

"What?" Hoseok asks innocently, smiling brightly. "You two are way too cute. How can I not take pictures? I'm gonna run out of memory space on my phone because of all the pictures I take of you, but what kind of friend would I be if I didn't?"

"Thanks, Hobi," Yoongi says, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend as she sighs and nods her head in agreement. "You're the best, you know."

"I do know," Hoseok says matter-of-factly. A moment later, there is a knock on the door and Hoseok's signature bright grin spreads across his face.

"That's our cue to leave," Yoongi whispers to Aria as Hoseok jogs to the door and lets Rina in.

"Baby!" They say simultaneously as Rina jumps into Hoseok's arms.

"She was gone for two weeks," Yoongi says, snickering. "You'd think she's been gone for a year."

Aria shrugs and smiles softly as she pulls out her phone and takes a picture of the couple lost in each other's arms.

Yoongi raises his eyebrow and grabs Aria's phone to see her photo gallery filled with pictures of Hoseok and Rina together, all taken while the couple weren't looking at the camera.

"Does he know?" Yoongi asks as he sees Aria blush; she snatches her phone back out of her boyfriend's hand and sighs in defeat.

She shakes her head and places her finger over her lips, and Yoongi nods in understanding.

"I won't tell him," Yoongi says, holding his hands up. "Want to go to the music room and practice our duet for the concert?"

Aria nods and after quick goodbyes, Yoongi and Aria are out the door and on their way to the ever-familiar room that holds their piano; the piano with so many memories and love embedded into its core.

Yoongi can feel his fingers tingle as he drives into the parking lot and turns his car off. The anticipation of playing his piano always awakens every nerve within his body, as though he is most alive when he is playing it.

As they get out of the car, however, Yoongi stills and stares at the scene around him in confusion.

Fire trucks and police cars are all parked just outside the music department, people yelling and smoke billowing out into the freezing winter air.