47

The next morning, Aria and Yoongi wake up entangled in each other, Aria's head resting on Yoongi's bare chest as his arms are wrapped protectively around her small frame.

"You look beautiful in my shirt," Yoongi teases in his morning voice as Aria yawns sleepily.

She rolls her eyes and glances down, her bare legs barely being covered by Yoongi's t-shirt, and Yoongi laughs softly when he sees the blush spread across her cheeks.

"Like I said," he whispers to her and kisses her gently. "Beautiful."

The blush blossoms from a dusty pink into a rosy red color across Aria's cheeks as she sighs before rolling away from Yoongi, a groan releasing from Yoongi's mouth at the loss of his girlfriend's warmth against his body.

She lifts her eyebrows while glancing down at Yoongi, holding out her hand as if to signal that he's supposed to get out of bed too. Yoongi glances over at the clock and groans again at the early time displayed.

"Do we have to go to school? We can always skip," Yoongi says, stretching.

Aria rolls her eyes and grabs Yoongi's hands in her own before dragging him off the bed with all of her strength.

"Wow," Yoongi says, laughing. "You're stronger than you look."

Aria winks and grins at her boyfriend, who grins back in return.

"Fine. But you'll have to find something to cover these hickeys," Yoongi says with a small laugh, pointing at Aria's beautiful skin that he painted with love bruises the night before.

Aria gasps quietly and tries to turn to look in the mirror, but Yoongi grabs her hand and spins her around until she falls into his arms.

"I love you. You know that, right?" He whispers, caressing her cheek with his thumb as he glances down at her with a loving gaze in his eyes.

She nods and stands on her tiptoes, kissing Yoongi's lips softly.

Yoongi smiles gently at her before she quickly removes Yoongi's shirt from her body and throws it at him, who laughs in return as he catches it.

"Was that you telling me to get out of your room so you can change?" He asks, raising an eyebrow as he pulls his shirt over his head to find Aria has walked over to her closet.

She glances over her shoulder and nods, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Fine," Yoongi says, holding his hands up in defeat. "Make sure you wear a turtleneck or something."

Yoongi laughs loudly as Aria throws a random piece of clothing from her closet at him, and he runs out of the room with a grin on his face.

Yoongi stops short when he sees Hoseok standing in the hallway, arms crossed over his chest with one eyebrow raised.

"Hello, Yoongi," Hoseok says in a deep tone.

Yoongi licks his lips nervously at the look in his friend's eyes. "Hello, Hobi."

"Would you like to inform me about last night's activities with my best friend?" He asks, squinting his eyes in suspicion.

"Oh," Yoongi says, a blush creeping across his cheeks. "You see, well..."

"Baby, I'm gonna use your laundry room to wash my dress from last night. Can I wear one of your shirts for now, please?" Rina asks, coming out of Hoseok's room with messy hair and a blanket wrapped around her.

"Huh," Yoongi says, smirking at Hoseok, who is now looking between Rina and Yoongi with wide eyes. "Care to explain last night's activities, Hoseok?"

"You see, well..." Hoseok begins as all three people in the hallway stare at each other, blushing and embarrassed.

After a moment, Aria's bedroom door opens and she stares at the three red-faced people standing in the hallway, a frown evident on her face.

She rolls her eyes after taking in the scene before her before walking past them and down the stairs, silently giggling to herself at the situation.

After a moment more of awkward silence, Hoseok bursts into laughter.

"What a great morning," he laughs loudly, clutching his stomach as he starts to walk towards the stairs. "And yes, love. You can wear one of my shirts any time you want."

Hoseok turns and sends a wink over his shoulder to Rina, and Yoongi starts to laugh as well, the tension in the air evaporating and Rina smiles as she closes Hoseok's bedroom door so she can change.

~

"Class dismissed," Mr. Min says to his class, and all of the students begin to file out.

"I'm having dinner with my uncle today, baby. Hoseok can take you home, right?" Yoongi asks, leaning over towards his girlfriend.

He smiles to himself, recalling how she never took her hand away from his the entire class. He could hardly focus on the lesson; her touch sent shivers through Yoongi's spine, and their hands felt almost electrified with the physical connection.

She nods and takes her phone out, sending a quick text before leaning over to peck Yoongi's cheek. She stands up and leaves the classroom, sending Mr. Min a small smile on her way out.

"You ready, kid?" Yoongi's uncle asks, picking up his keys and briefcase.

"You know I'm 22 now, right? You can't keep calling me kid," Yoongi says, laughing softly as he puts his backpack on his shoulder.

"I can and I will," Mr. Min says, smiling widely at his nephew. "Where would you like to go?"

"Hoseok's parents own a restaurant nearby. We could go there," Yoongi suggests and Mr. Min nods in agreement.

"Perfect! I can drive us there and I'll drop you off back here afterwards. I'm sure you want to practice on that piano later anyway," he says, and Yoongi nods, smiling softly to himself at how well his uncle knows him.

An hour later, Yoongi and his uncle are laughing genuinely as they eat their food that Hoseok's parents made for them.

"This food really is delicious," Mr. Min says in awe, mouth filled with food.

Yoongi laughs at the childlike state his uncle is in whilst talking with his mouth full. "It is. Hoseok tells me about his parents' cooking all the time, but I've never gotten to try it until now."

"How are things with Hoseok and Aria?" His uncle asks.

"Really, really incredible," Yoongi says in a soft tone, his lips turning up into a soft smile. "Hoseok and Aria are such impactful people to me, and I'm not sure how I got so lucky to have found them."

"Yoongi," his uncle sighs as he places his utensils down. "You really don't see how special you are, do you?"

Yoongi shrugs.

"I know your parents never saw you as a person; I know they only saw you as a business opportunity. I know that you just wanted them to look at you with love instead of looking at you as if you were nothing but a business partner. So early in life, you learned to rely on yourself and only yourself because as hard as you tried, you could not make those two people who meant the world to you proud of you.

"And I watched from afar; I watched that brilliant light in you dim as you did everything you could to make them love you. And that's why I volunteered to babysit you instead of them hiring yet another nanny who couldn't care less about you. I showed you a different side to the life you despised living, though you would never say it out loud. I showed you music; I showed you that there is something more to this existence you've been given.

"You were a slave; all I wanted to do was to set you free. And I feel like I did that because as soon as your fingers met the piano for the first time, a fire ignited within you. And that fire, Yoongi, makes you special. It's something you've always had inside of you, but you just needed a little guidance to accept it. All I've ever wanted was the best for you, kid. Because even when nobody else saw it, I saw just how special you really are; how special you've always been."

And with that speech, Yoongi realizes something.

His uncle has been more of a father to him than his actual father ever was.