37

"September 9, 2018

Yoongi came over today to work on our duet; I decided to play the cello because I love how the cello and piano sound together; since I played the cello the first time he and I played together, I really couldn't think of a more perfect plan. We got a lot of work done, though Yoongi flirted with me incessantly the entire day. And honestly, it made the day so much better seeing him look so happy and loving.

Today, he broke the wall down completely. The words he spoke to me... it was like he could understand everything about me better than anyone. I have never spoken a word to this man, but he still hears me. I don't know what Yoongi is to me, and I don't think there is a word strong enough to describe his role in my life. All I know is that Yoongi is someone I couldn't bear to lose. The only word I can think to describe him? Well, Yoongi is simply... everything."

"September 10, 2018

I played about my loss today. And I also let Yoongi listen. I felt like he needed to hear it.

And as always, he heard everything I wanted him to hear. He is so special, and I don't even think he realizes just how special he really is to me. So I let him listen to show him that I trust him now. He's not a stranger anymore.

In fact, he asked me to be his girlfriend today."

"September 11, 2018

Yoongi bought me a new journal, and from now on, I will write in that one. The beginning of this diary saw nothing but my despair and sadness, and I watched my life change from dark to light in such a short amount of time. All because of Yoongi, the boy who was once nothing more than a stranger.

I think I'm going to show this journal to him. I want him to see that I feel the same way that he feels about me. I want him to see how drawn to him I was from the very beginning, even though I was reluctant to see it. I want him to see how much I adore him.

I'll give this to him when I feel like I'm ready for him to see all of this; I never expected anyone to ever read this. These pages are filled with my unfiltered raw thoughts and emotions that nobody has ever heard.

Nobody but you, Yoongi.

I can never say these things out loud, but I find comfort knowing that you don't need to hear me say them.

Because even without my voice, you hear me. You've always heard me, Min Yoongi.

I hope I go through with the plan of giving this to you. I hope that my new journal will be filled with nothing but golden promises of a bright future with you and our music. I hope that you are reading this and smiling that beautiful smile. I hope you know how much I adore you."

Yoongi turns to the back of the journal, where he finds a small pocket. He pulls out its contents and finds the picture of their first kiss and the note that he wrote to her saying that she looks beautiful when she smiles.

He smiles fondly down at the picture, flipping it over to see a small handwritten note on the back of it.

"October 3, 2018

I thought my first love was singing, but my first love is you."

Yoongi knows that their first kiss was on September 8th, but Aria has dated the note on the back of the picture, showing that she wrote it yesterday on October 3rd.

He realizes that she must've finally decided at some point yesterday that she really would go through with giving this journal to him and she added a few final touches before deciding to hand it over to him.

Yoongi's senses and emotions are in overdrive; his heart is beating out of his chest, his ears are perked up as if he's just heard Aria tell him all of this in her own voice and his hands are shaking as he clings onto the small notebook with everything inside of it.

In the span of an hour, he went from knowing only her emotions through her facial expressions and her music to knowing everything.

After a month, Aria has finally handed Yoongi the key to her mind and now he's unlocked all of her story; he knows everything from her side now.

Yoongi can't help but feel immensely proud of Aria; he's never been able to be inside her mind, but without words, she was still able to convey so much to Yoongi with her actions. Reading her written words has only confirmed how well he really does know and understand her.

But with this diary, with the contents of Aria's beautiful mind displayed perfectly and visibly in front of him, all of the gaps in their relationship have been filled. All of this time, Aria was speaking to him through her music, but secretly, she was pouring her thoughts into this diary.

He remembers all of the times he saw her writing in this very notebook; he never expected that all of those times, she was writing about him.

Without realizing it, she created Yoongi the perfect gift. She created the gift of her thoughts. Yoongi knows that she feels that words have betrayed her, yet she still fought through her anguish and did this simple yet monumental thing that has, indeed, changed everything.

He no longer has unanswered questions. He no longer feels lost or helpless when it comes to what she is thinking. With this gift given to Yoongi on Aria's birthday, he realizes something.

He pulls the picture of them kissing back out of the small pocket in the back of the journal and reads the caption on the back again.

"October 3, 2018

I thought my first love was singing, but my first love is you."

Love.

Slowly, things begin to fall into place in Yoongi's scattered, overwhelmed mind.

And he understands. As he always does, he understands what she is saying.

Aria is saying that she loves Yoongi.