24

Yoongi unlocks his door and enters his apartment, his soul in a state of unbreakable euphoria.

Aria kissed him tonight.

And after she ran off after Hoseok, Yoongi played that piano in the music room better than he had ever played in his life. The notes came out so peacefully rather than their usual melancholy tone that Yoongi had grown accustomed to.

His style of playing said one thing: he was sad.

But then Aria kissed him, and his style suddenly shifted as his view of the world shifted as well. He still wants to express the darkness of his past through the piano; it's the only way that he can express those feelings that he suppressed for so long, and he will never allow himself to be silenced again.

Now, he has another story to tell. A story of hope; a story of peace. He has the story of his future to tell, and this side of him has never interested Yoongi; he has always thought about yesterday. Never tomorrow. Because he is terrified of the thought of tomorrow. What if things come crashing down around him?

He lives in the past; or at least, he did.

Until Aria kissed him tonight.

She kissed him, and suddenly, all he can think of is tomorrow. That thought of what the future could hold; what his future will be.

His future with music. His future with her.

For once in his life, he is finally looking forward to the future instead of looking behind him into the past.

Yoongi's phone buzzes as he undresses and climbs into bed, and a few moments later, it buzzes again. Yoongi smiles at the two texts that he reads.

Aria: "Goodnight, Yoongs. See you tomorrow."

Hoseok: "Don't tell Aria I told you this or she may actually kill me, but I sent that picture of the two of you kissing to her phone, and I just saw that she made it her lock screen. ;)"

Yoongi messages "goodnight, beautiful" to Aria before requesting that Hoseok send the picture to him as well; it was such a defining moment and he is so grateful to Hoseok for being able to capture it.

After a few moments of waiting, Yoongi's phone vibrates and he instantly checks it, grinning to himself as he sees the image of Aria and him locked together in each other's arms.

He can see in the picture how much they're both smiling into the kiss.

After setting it as his own lock screen, he sets his alarm for 9 AM before settling down in bed, the thoughts of tomorrow sending him into dreams of his future. His happy, peaceful future.

~

Yoongi's alarm goes off, and he jumps out of bed, not daring to waste a moment before showering and dressing into ripped jeans and a loose white t-shirt, hastily grabbing a baseball cap and wearing it backwards to keep his unruly hair out of his face.

As much as he wants to spend the day admiring Aria's ethereal beauty, he knows that they have a lot of work ahead of them with composing their duet. After slipping on a pair of black boots, he grabs a banana and eats it quickly while texting Aria to let him know he's on his way.

After the short drive, he parks in the parking garage and makes his way up to their apartment, and right when he knocks, the door is swung open by the ray of sunshine himself.

"Yoongs! I'm so glad you came here when you did; I have to go to a family function, but I wanted to say hi before I left. So, hi!" He says, grinning as brightly as ever before pulling him into a tight hug that Yoongi returns without hesitation.

"Hey Hobi," Yoongi says, smiling as they pull away from each other. "Where is Aria?"

"She's in her room. She's already been working since like, 7 AM," he says, smiling proudly at his hard-working best friend. "I'll be back tonight, so please feel free to stay as long as you want."

Yoongi nods and shifts so that he's fully inside the apartment and Hoseok sends him a quick wink before shutting the apartment door.

Yoongi locks the door behind him and takes his boots off before walking across the living room and up the stairs towards Aria's room. He can already hear melodies drifting through the air, which makes him smile. He loves hearing her play.

He knocks on the door, and the music stops. A moment later, Aria opens her bedroom door and gives Yoongi a small smile before gesturing for him to come in.

After walking into her bedroom and seating himself down on the chair at her desk, she perches herself on the seat in front of her keyboard before grabbing a handful of sheet music and handing the papers over to him.

"You've been writing?" He asks, lifting an eyebrow as he takes the sheets and examines the melody before him.

She nods and stares at him anxiously, waiting to hear his opinion.

He hums the notes to himself, feeling his chest tighten with the clear emotion in the piece.

"This is beautiful," he says, looking up at Aria with a reassuring smile. "Which instrument did you want to play?"

Aria points over to the cello situated in the corner of her room, and looks over to Yoongi for approval.

"Piano and cello are always a beautiful combination. I'm also excited to hear you play the cello again since I've only heard you play it once," Yoongi says, handing the sheet music back over to her.

After situating the sheets back in their places, Aria sighs deeply and turns back to Yoongi, staring at him with an unreadable expression on her face.

Yoongi lets out a soft laugh. "I'm sorry. I feel like I've gotten a lot better with deciphering what you are trying to say with your facial expressions, but I have no idea what that face means."

Aria rolls her eyes and stands up, walking over to Yoongi and grabbing his hand to pull him up and lead him over to her keyboard.

"Oh. You want me to contribute some of my ideas?" He asks, sitting down in front of the keyboard but keeping a steady grip on the girl's hand.

Aria nods and rolls her eyes again, but can't hide the smile growing on her face.

Yoongi places a chaste kiss on the back of her hand before letting her go and grabbing a pencil and the sheet music to scribble down his own ideas about their duet.

He doesn't fail to see the blush that forms on Aria's face from the affectionate gesture.