63

The grand piano is nearly shimmering in the rays of the sunlight shining through the window, creating an even more ethereal picture in Yoongi's vision.

"It looks just like it," he whispers through his tears as Aria sits down on the floor next to him and rubs his back.

"I had them salvage every piece of the piano that they could and I had a replica built using all of the parts they could save," Mr. Min explains, smiling down at his nephew.

Yoongi's eyes roam over the familiarity of the instrument in front of him; it's like he's looking at a ghost of a dear friend. It's haunting to Yoongi how similar it looks to his piano; the keys look worn down and well used, as though it is the same piano Yoongi spent years practicing endlessly on.

In a way, it is his piano. Parts of this new piano once belonged to his piano, his friend.

"I didn't think I'd ever see it again," Yoongi says quietly in disbelief. "It's as beautiful as I remember."

"That piano bench will go perfectly in front of this, don't you think so?" Hoseok says from behind Yoongi. He turns around to see Hoseok carrying the piano bench into the dining room, and he gently sets it down in front of the instrument before turning to Yoongi and smiling.

"Perfect," Yoongi says, a smile gracing his lips as he wipes his tears away.

Aria turns to Yoongi and clears her throat.

"Song," she says, pointing to herself and then the piano.

"You want to play a song?" He asks, tilting his head.

She nods and frowns in concentration as she tries to explain, but Hoseok places his hand on her shoulder when he sees that she is struggling a bit.

"She wrote you a song and she wants to play it for you on this," Hoseok explains, gesturing to the piano and Aria sighs softly and smiles at Hoseok before nodding.

Yoongi quickly stands and helps Aria stand as well, and the two of them walk over to the piano bench and sit down next to each other.

Aria places her fingertips onto the keys of the piano, and after giving Yoongi a soft smile, her fingers begin to move delicately across the instrument.

The melody is light and sweet, and it reminds Yoongi of her actual voice. The notes are like a lullaby as they sing out in the air, and Yoongi watches Aria's hands bring such a beautiful instrument to life as she plays.

The piece becomes more intense as the passion ignites inside of Aria's soul, bleeding from her being into the instrument that holds so much importance for Yoongi.

Yoongi's eyes shift from her dancing fingertips to her concentrated face, seeing how immersed she is in portraying exactly how she feels about Yoongi and this moment.

Even though there is a room full of people, Yoongi can only see her. In this moment, it is only the two of them with this instrument. The passionate lullaby singing Yoongi's soul into an eternal calm is blanketing their bodies as it wraps around them protectively to obscure them from their pain and sorrow.

Yoongi falls in love with how soft yet passionate the piece is that Aria is playing; it is simultaneously calming his soul and igniting it into a fire filled with passion and longing.

He's reminded of their journey together; how, in the beginning, things just so easily fell into place. It was as simple as walking into a room in the middle of the night and after that, things happened as naturally as breathing.

When he first met Aria, Yoongi saw her as a budding rose; a flower so capable of blooming but something was blocking the sunlight from reaching her petals. She was so delicate and so close to wilting and Yoongi just wanted to see her bloom.

He was patient as he tried to get the sunlight to reach the beautiful flower; he didn't shove the obstacles away. Instead, he helped her to move through them herself. Eventually, the dark clouds blocking the sunlight cleared away, and she became basked in the brightest of lights. Her petals bloomed as beautifully as Yoongi always knew they would and she grew into the most breathtaking flower in the garden.

Now, not only is she fully bloomed and thriving, she has planted seeds around her as she spreads her passion and love to her family and friends. She is part of a garden of flowers now, those who love her the most surrounding her with their own vibrant petals and beauty.

She is not just moving forward now; she's running freely and happily towards her future with nothing holding her back. She is free from the darkness that suffocated her for so long.

Yoongi, too, has never seen such light in his life.

His roots are firmly planted right beside Aria, and the sunlight is shining on him as well as his petals stretch and bloom fully and beautifully, finally able to be exactly who he has always been meant to be.

Their garden is a beautiful one filled with roses, sunflowers and daisies as all of them continue to love and cherish each other underneath the rays of the warm sun.

Yoongi has a family now; he has a true, loving family who see him as who he truly is.

He is Min Yoongi.

He is a musician.

He is a boyfriend.

He is a friend.

He is a nephew.

He is a human being.

He is heard.

He is understood.

He is loved.

And he knows that whatever happens in his future, he will never be alone again.

Not when he's firmly planted in this garden of his, surrounded by the most beautiful flowers.