23

A kiss can mean many things.

To some, it is meaningless. Just a bridge to close the gap between two people, letting their physical connections ignite into flames.

To some, it is a goodbye. Tearful words being said whilst their lips part for the last time.

To some, it is a way to say what needs to be said without saying anything at all; it's a way to say see you later; it's a way to say have a good day at work; it's a way to say I love you.

To some, a kiss is a promise. A promise of a future as bright as the sun; not even the clouds can dampen their ecstasy. A kiss can make promises of everlasting commitment and love. Some say that a kiss seals your fate; to some people, this kiss is a promise of their fate to stay intertwined with that person whom they've shared such a romantic gesture with.

To Aria and Yoongi... this kiss means everything.

The way Yoongi's lips mold to Aria's; the way his hands rest perfectly on the curves of her hips while Aria's hands rest on his chest, clenching the fabric of his blazer in her hands; the hands that bring music to life under her gentle coaxing of the instruments that now speak for her.

Yoongi gently tugs on Aria's hips to bring her closer to him; he wants this girl as close as physically possible in this moment. This moment is theirs; this moment is everything.

It's the beginning. It's the climax. It's the ending.

This one kiss is telling an entire story; a story of two people finding each other in the darkness and guiding each other into the light of day.

Slowly, Aria's arms travel up to wrap around Yoongi's neck, her cool hands grazing against the exposed skin of his neck, sending shivers down his spine as he relishes in her touch.

In this moment, there is no darkness. There is no pain. There is no doubt. In this moment, there is only these two people and their passion for each other.

Yoongi's mind is only processing the thoughts of her: the way her lips are warm and soft against his own, the way her beautiful hands are tangling in his blonde hair and the way he knows that she feels the same way he does in this moment.

Because he understands her.

Because she understands him.

Yoongi gently squeezes his hands on Aria's hips, desperate to pull her even closer to him, even though they are already chest to chest. He has never felt such an intense closeness with another person in the way he feels when he is around Aria, and he has no intention of ever letting this moment slip past him.

This girl's touch, this girl's lips... if this is the only peace he receives from the otherwise cruel world, then it will be enough. It will be more than enough.

Because she is everything.

Suddenly, a bright flash goes off and Yoongi reluctantly pulls away from the beautiful girl to see what's going on.

Hoseok is standing in the doorway of the music room, grinning as brightly as ever as he holds his phone up in front of his face.

"Hello," he says, wiggling his eyebrows as he puts his phone away in his back pocket.

Aria sighs and turns her attention back to Yoongi, giving him a soft smile before pecking his lips and walking over to Hoseok, proceeding to try to beat the life out of him for ruining such a tender moment.

Yoongi smiles as brightly as Hoseok does, his lips tingling and his heart pounding while he watches Aria chase Hoseok out of the music room with her stilettos in her hands to use as weapons against her best friend.

Yoongi walks over to his piano and sits down in front of it, slowly lowering his forehead so his head is rested against the keys that have always offered him solace.

For so long, all he had was music. All he had were these ebony and ivory keys that would listen to him and accept him for whoever he may have been every time he played.

Sometimes, he would be okay. Sometimes, he would be angry. Sometimes, he would be utterly broken.

But the music was always there to listen; the music was always there to echo his pain back to him and show that he is understood, even if he is only understood by something as simple as a piano.

Now... he has everything. He has his music; he has his uncle; he has Hoseok; he has Aria.

And, most importantly, he finally has himself.

He has every piece of himself that he lost over the years; every piece of himself that was broken away by others and, eventually, broken away by himself, he has gotten back.

All from something as simple as a kiss.

Except that kiss was not simple to Yoongi.

Because to some, a kiss is meaningless. To some, a kiss is a goodbye. To some, a kiss is a way to say what needs to be said without saying anything at all. To some, a kiss is a promise.

To Yoongi, it was not meaningless.

To Yoongi, it was not a goodbye.

To Yoongi, it was a promise. A promise that he could acknowledge without saying anything at all.

To Yoongi, that kiss was everything.

He knows that, with that kiss, things have changed between the two of them. Every moment that they shared before this one was only the build-up to a magnificent fireworks show in their sky.

When their lips touched, a shower of blue sparks erupted above them, ridding them of their shadows of doubt.

When Yoongi's hands touched Aria's hips, a splash of red ignited the sky, raining down sparks of light on their souls.

When Aria's arms wrapped around Yoongi's neck, a flourish of purple lit up their sky, exploding into their hearts and reassuring them that, in fact, this is their fate.

And their kiss sealed that.

They are intertwined together in this world.

Because he understands her.

Because she understands him.