59

Yoongi paces around his bedroom nervously; he feels like his tie is trying to choke him and he's nearly certain he's sweating through his dress shirt. He hears a knock on the door, and after a nervous glance at the opening door, he relaxes as he sees Hoseok's face.

"Just letting you know I'm leaving to go get Rina," Hoseok says, smirking as he sees Yoongi's outfit. "You look cute."

"Shut up," Yoongi whines. "I just want this to be perfect for her. It's Valentine's Day, so it needs to be perfect."

Hoseok sighs as he steps into the room and closes the door. Yoongi sees Hoseok's outfit nearly mirrors his own, both men wearing dress shirts and ties with black slacks and dress shoes.

"It doesn't need to be perfect, Yoongs," Hoseok says as he places a comforting hand on Yoongi's shoulder. "You could go pick a flower out of the yard and she would still love you just as much tomorrow as she loved you yesterday. I know you have this mission to make her as happy as possible, but it's not the things you do that make her happy, it's just you who makes her happy. Remember that you are a special person, not just to her, but to everyone who loves you. You're enough, just as you are."

"Wow, Hobi," Yoongi says, feeling his shoulders relax. "Have you ever thought of being a motivational speaker?"

"Nah," Hoseok says, laughing as he opens Yoongi's bedroom door again. "I'm a dancer, through and through. Have fun tonight. Rina and I are going back to her place after, so you two will have the place to yourselves."

Hoseok wiggles his eyebrows as he backs out of the room and Yoongi rolls his eyes as he adjusts his tie for the hundredth time. "Pervert," he mumbles to himself.

He hears the oven ding and he rushes down the stairs to get the cake out of it. He sighs in relief as he sees that he didn't burn the dessert, and he starts to hum to himself as he sets it on the counter and lets it cool down a bit before putting the red icing on it.

He shakily puts the decorations on top of the small cake, and then he carefully writes out "I love you" in icing before sighing heavily and cleaning up the mess he's made in the kitchen from cooking dinner and dessert.

His ears perk up as he hears Aria's bedroom door open, and he runs his fingers through his hair nervously and adjusts his tie again before moving to the table he had set moments ago with their dinner.

When Aria descends the stairs, Yoongi sees the look of awe on her face as she takes in what he's been working on for hours as he made her stay in her room the entire time, making sure to bring her snacks and drinks to keep her happy.

Yoongi grins proudly as he sees Aria take in the sight of their apartment. There are flower petals scattered on the floor of their living room and dining room, and there are candles lit on both the coffee table and dining table, a gentle scent of vanilla wafting through the air.

Yoongi's smile drops and so does his jaw when he comes to his senses and realizes just how ethereal his girlfriend looks. She is dressed in a white long-sleeved fitted dress that stops mid-thigh, and her matching white stilettos are making her legs look heavenly in Yoongi's eyes. She looks like an angel sent from heaven just for him, and his heart skips a beat.

Her hair is softly curled, her usual messy waves tamed into perfection as they frame her face and nearly bounce as she walks towards her boyfriend.

She smirks at him before putting her finger on his chin and closing his mouth for him, and he blinks a few times before laughing nervously.

"You look... wow. Yeah," he says and Aria rolls her eyes affectionately before pulling him in for a passionate kiss. Her hands roam through his once neatly-styled hair and his hands grip her waist as their lips move together in a dance of fiery desire and adoration.

"I love you," Yoongi says as their foreheads rest together. "You look beautiful."

Aria smiles softly at him before she lets him lead her to the dining table, where he pulls out her chair for her and then pushes her back towards the table. He sits across from her and she looks appreciatively at the food as they immediately begin to eat.

"I didn't really know for sure if you'd want to go out or stay in, but something kept telling me that you'd prefer something like this," Yoongi says, swallowing his bite of food as he watches her nervously for her reaction.

Aria nods encouragingly, smiling brightly at him as she eats her food.

"Not gonna lie, Hoseok helped me cook this," Yoongi says, laughing as he rubs the back of his neck. "I didn't cook much when I lived alone. I mostly ordered take out, so I'm not the best cook in the world."

Aria rolls her eyes while smiling at him, chewing her food happily as she continuously glances behind her at the beautiful sight of the rose petals and the candles' lights dancing on the walls and ceiling.

"Do you like it?" Yoongi asks quietly.

She turns back to him and sighs before standing up and moving to sit in Yoongi's lap. He welcomes her happily, opening his arms and pushing his chair back so she can sit, and she immediately locks her eyes onto his, staring deeply into his gaze as she tries to get her emotions across.

He sees it clearly; she loves what he's done for her, and she loves him.

"I love you too," Yoongi says, and Aria smiles in relief as he seemingly reads her thoughts.

"I have one more surprise," Yoongi says, smiling brightly. Aria glances at him in confusion before she gasps and wraps her arms around his neck as Yoongi stands, holding Aria in his arms and carrying her to the kitchen.

He sets her down on the counter and gestures proudly to the cake he made. "I made this all on my own. I even decorated it."

Aria stares down at the cake, tears forming in her eyes as her gaze falls upon the ring sitting on top of one of the floral decorations.

She picks it up, the diamond catching the light and shimmering beautifully, sending rainbows of color on Aria's face as her tears glisten in her eyes. Yoongi gently takes the ring from her grasp to slide it onto her left ring finger.

"I'm not proposing just yet," Yoongi says, and Aria smiles, tears sliding down her cheeks. "But I am making you a promise. I'm promising you that I am yours, always. And one day, I will get down on one knee and make a huge romantic gesture as I ask you to be my wife. But for now, take this ring as a promise of that future... a future that will happen because we are meant to be."

She turns her gaze from the ring on her finger back to her boyfriend and pulls him in for a hug, letting him rest between her legs as she sits on the counter, her arms wrapped around his neck and her face buried into his shoulder.

"Happy Valentine's Day, baby," he whispers into her hair as he hugs her back.