46

As Aria and Yoongi walk into the music room, Yoongi smiles softly to himself as he sees the set up he had asked his uncle to do. He had a feeling that he would need to leave the party early with Aria, so he asked his uncle to set this up to surprise her.

Yoongi has been working on this duet since Aria started therapy as a way to surprise and encourage her, and he's decided that tonight is the perfect night to show it to her to let her know just how incredible she is in his eyes.

Next to the grand piano in the familiar room is a chair, situated just how it was the day Yoongi and Aria first played together, the chair facing the bench so when they sit, they are facing each other. In front of the chair is a music stand with sheet music filled with handwritten music notes, and next to the chair is a cello, situated in its stand as it shines in the light emitting from the ceiling.

"I had my uncle help me arrange it," Yoongi explains as Aria sits down in the chair, grabbing the cello and letting it rest between her legs as she reads over the sheet music. "He knows way more about composing sheet music for cello than I do so he did what he could to help me bring this together. I needed it to be as perfect as you are."

Aria's eyes are glistening as she glances up at Yoongi with a soft smile spread across her face before concentrating on making sure the cello is tuned and ready to be played. Yoongi seats himself on the piano bench and watches her as he lets his fingertips rest on the keys of the piano.

He could honestly watch her for the rest of his days; the way her eyebrows are slightly furrowed together in concentration and the way her eyes flutter closed as she listens to the strings, the instrument singing softly under her expert fingers.

After a few moments, Aria's eyes slowly open and she turns, bow in hand, to signal that she is ready to play. Yoongi sits up straight and places his hands on the keys once again, nodding once to her as they begin to play simultaneously.

Just like the song in the waiting room of Aria's first therapy session, this song is not filled with darkness or sadness. This song is dedicated only to his feelings for Aria, which are some of the only times he ever feels completely content, bathed in the light that she so effortlessly emits from her soul.

This piece is passionate and filled with the longing he feels in his heart when he is with her. Every moment he is with her, he wishes for more. Every kiss brings the longing for another one and every simple touch of her fingers intertwined in his brings time to a standstill as he wishes for more time with her hand in his.

Yoongi watches his girlfriend as she plays the cello, her left hand moving across the neck of the instrument as fluidly as water as her right hand glides the bow across the strings and brings Yoongi's love song to life underneath her touch as Yoongi echoes the feelings back to her while his fingers dance across the keys of the piano.

She does the same thing to Yoongi himself; only her touch is needed to bring him to life. Only her touch can make him feel so awake and alive and effortlessly peaceful with his life and his future. Before her, he felt nothing but shame, regret and anguish about his past, present and future. Now, his past is but a painful echo as his present holds his hand gently and guides him towards the brightest future he could possibly imagine.

With her, he feels hope.

Because she hears him. She has always heard him.

Even through her own darkness that she had given up on defeating, she heard his own struggle and she understood it.

They found each other through fate and Yoongi intends on spending the rest of his life proving the world right; the two of them belong together.

Hearing Yoongi's feelings come to life through the music is something he can only describe as euphoric because there aren't enough words in existence to explain his feelings for Aria, yet music captures it perfectly.

Music has always been there for him through everything; this piano, in particular, has been with Yoongi all these years. He has come a long way from playing through his pain to playing about hope and love.

Yoongi only hopes that he is that light in Aria's life, much like she is the light in his.

The last notes fade away into the air as the lingering emotions hang in the air, embracing the two musicians in a world of their very own; a world where the darkness is nearly nonexistent due to the bright light shining from both beings.

Yoongi and Aria stay completely still, not daring to move in case their little piece of heaven shatters around them. Their eyes stay locked on each other, the same thoughts crossing both minds as if they are not two different people, but one being split into two halves.

Maybe this is what they have always been; one half of a whole being, wandering around in the darkness with her arms outstretched, fingers desperately searching for the other half of themselves.

That night, in the music room, they found their other halves.

Aria moves and places the cello back on its stand, being sure to only break eye contact for a second before she's moving to slide onto the bench next to Yoongi, sitting right against him as if she is being physically drawn to him.

Yoongi sighs softly as his girlfriend's perfect features are illuminated softly by the moonlight spilling in from the window, his hand moving to cup her cheek as he breathes her in.

"Did you hear it?" Yoongi asks, a sincere look on his face as he watches her expression.

She nods in response.

"You have always heard me, Aria," he says, smiling. "Just as I have always heard you."

Aria leans her head into Yoongi's soft touch, her eyes staying lost in his loving gaze.

"I also see you; I see how hard you are trying and how much you've accomplished. You're a force of nature, my love. You could rearrange the stars with your determination and strength. I hope this song that I wrote just for you helps you remember that even though you've lost so much, you've still got people who love you dearly. Hoseok loves you dearly. His parents love you dearly. I love you dearly."

Not another word needs to be said as Aria connects her lips to his.