20

Saturday goes along uneventfully for Yoongi, aside from the occasional nervous text from Hoseok about his dance recital this evening.

Yoongi finds that he is feeling nervous as well; for many reasons.

He is going to see Hoseok doing what he loves for the first time; he is going to see that passion in his eyes as he does what he truly loves to do. He wants to see Hoseok bloom on that stage in front of everyone, and he is so proud that Hoseok, like Aria and himself, has found his true passion in life and is getting to share that passion with those around him.

Yoongi is also nervous because he is meeting Hoseok's parents. These are the people who raised the boy that he's grown so close to this past week. These are the people who showed him the love and acceptance that every child longs for, and with that, Hoseok became the ray of sunshine that he is today. These are the people who cared for Aria as their own daughter after her parents were ripped from her. These people are important to people who are important to him, and he's nervous about meeting them.

He is also nervous for the simple fact that he will be seeing Aria again, and it will also be in a very different setting than he's used to seeing her. Normally, they see each other in a classroom, where they only sit next to each other and take notes during his uncle's class while exchanging small smiles between each other every once in a while. When they meet in the music room, it's like the air between them is emotionally charged. That room; that piano... those things bring out the deepest, most hidden parts of themselves. They share a special bond in those moments. But going to this dance recital with Aria will be so different to what they are used to. It won't be about taking notes. It won't be about learning about each other's pain and secrets. It's about their shared love for their friend. They can sit comfortably together and watch their friend's art come to life while they let themselves get lost in it together.

This night will be something different for the two; something new. It's the first time they will just be together for the simple reason of showing support for their friend.

No pain. No secrets. No classrooms.

Just two people enjoying the other's company while they cheer their friend on.

And that makes him nervous.

Maybe even more nervous than he feels when he plays piano for her.

He's not used to this. He's not used to having friends to support and cheer on. He's not used to having someone he can sit comfortably next to and enjoy the simple luxury of watching art being performed. This night will be something different for Yoongi.

And that makes him nervous.

Before he realizes it, it's 5 PM and he knows that he needs to get ready and head to the school so he will be able to meet Hoseok's parents beforehand and give a proper introduction. He needs to make a good first impression on these people because they are so important to the people important to him.

Yoongi dresses in a white button up shirt, black blazer, black slacks & black dress shoes; he styles his hair so that his blonde locks are pushed off of his face, knowing he looks more professional and more put together when his hair isn't hanging over his eyes as it usually does.

He needs to make a good first impression.

After checking his appearance in the mirror for the tenth time, he quickly makes his way out of his apartment and towards his car, continuously adjusting his hair on the way to his vehicle so it looks effortless yet professional.

After driving the short drive to the college, he parks in his normal spot and sends a quick text to Aria to let her know that he's arrived, and a moment later, he receives a text back.

Aria: "Hobi got us front row tickets. We're sitting already."

Yoongi takes a deep, steadying breath as he pockets his phone and keys before making his way to the auditorium, immediately seeing the large crowd slowly filing in to take their seats.

After making his way through the crowd of excited people, he sees the back of Aria's head, her dirty blonde hair just as wavy and messy as ever, and she's seated next to an older couple.

After one last deep breath, Yoongi wipes his sweaty hands on his pants before walking up to the trio of people and immediately bowing deeply in respect.

"Hello. I am Min Yoongi," he says, looking up at Hoseok's parents to see them smiling kindly at him.

Both of them stand and give Yoongi a warm hug, causing Yoongi's cheeks to ignite in a rosy blush. He's not used to people showing him affection; especially parents.

"We've heard so much about you," Hoseok's mother says, kissing both of his cheeks.

"You've made quite an impact on our son and Aria," Hoseok's father says, grinning brightly as he shakes Yoongi's hand firmly.

"They've made quite the impact on me as well, sir," Yoongi replies sincerely as Hoseok's parents sit back down in their seats.

Aria stands up to greet Yoongi and he has to physically stop his jaw from dropping at the sight of her.

She is wearing a black, off-the-shoulder cocktail dress that is fitted across her torso and flows out into a loose skirt that stops just above her knees.

Yoongi can't help but notice how his heart hasn't stopped pounding since he laid eyes on her.

"You look beautiful," he says quietly as he approaches her cautiously before leaning down to kiss her cheek. "Truly."

Aria blushes slightly before breaking the intense eye contact and sitting herself back down next to Hoseok's mother, who is practically bouncing in her seat with glee at the sight of the two.

Yoongi clears his throat and sits down on the other side of Aria before pulling his phone out to send a quick "good luck" text to Hoseok before silencing it and placing it back into his pocket.

After a few more minutes of idle conversation with Hoseok's parents, the lights dim and the curtains to the stage lift, and Yoongi finds himself smiling brightly at the thought of seeing Hoseok perform.

Yoongi thinks he has smiled more in this past week than he's ever smiled before in his entire life.