33

Yoongi sits on the floor next to the couch, his back leaning up against the coffee table as he watches Aria's peaceful features as she sleeps. His mind is a worried mess; he is desperately hoping that she is finding peace in her slumber and that she is not in pain.

As silently as he can, he picks himself up from his place on the floor before he grabs the paper bag with his purchases from the store. After a quick glance towards Aria to make sure she is still asleep, he begins to pull the items out one by one and organizes them on the coffee table.

Yoongi bought Aria some bottles of her favorite water; he sees her drinking it all the time so he figured he would get some for her to enjoy as she starts to feel better. He also got her a new pair of pajamas that seemed to Yoongi like they would be comfortable for her to wear. He glances over to Aria, and he sees that although she is sweating, she is simultaneously shivering, so Yoongi slides his jacket off of his shoulders before placing it over Aria's upper body.

Yoongi turns back to the remaining items in the bag; he pulls out some snacks and places them on the table before he turns his attention to the last item in the bag. He smiles when he pulls out the blank notebook, placing it with the rest of the items he bought for her.

Ever since he first saw Aria writing in that notebook of hers, he seems to see notebooks and think of her. He still doesn't know what she writes, but she seems to be dedicated to it as he sees her writing every day. He just hopes that these small gifts can be enough to lift her spirits once her drowsiness wears off.

Yoongi glances over at Aria again, moving to remove the wet cloth from her forehead so he can run it under cool water again. When he moves back into the living room, he sees Aria struggling to sit up on the couch.

"Hey," Yoongi says, rushing to her side as she nearly falls into the floor. "Take it easy. Are you dizzy?"

She nods slowly and he grabs one of the water bottles from the table and twists the cap off before bringing the bottle to her lips, urging her to take a sip.

"You're probably dehydrated now from all of this sweating," he says softly as she takes a few small drinks of water.

Her face twists in pain, and Yoongi takes the cool cloth off of his lap to place onto the back of her neck. "I've got you, beautiful."

Yoongi reaches over and grabs his jacket that fell away from her body when she sat up and he readjusts it so it's draped over her shoulders.

Aria slumps forward weakly and Yoongi easily catches her in his arms, adjusting themselves until they're both laying on the couch, Aria's head resting on Yoongi's chest as his arms wrap around her protectively.

He gently pulls the rubber band in her hair, letting her hair cascade around her shoulders and Yoongi's chest. After placing the rubber band on the table, he lets his right hand comb through her hair, his fingers massaging her scalp as he intertwines his left hand with hers on his stomach.

Aria shifts until her face is nuzzled into Yoongi's neck and she sighs softly, slowly falling back to sleep as Yoongi comforts her.

Yoongi feels Aria's body slowly relax under his touch and he smiles to himself. All he's ever wanted since the moment he met her was to help her, and although what he is doing is small, he knows that she feels comforted in this moment.

In this dark and quiet room, there is only the peaceful breaths from the two intertwined on the couch. They are intertwined physically, but also spiritually. Yoongi is finding it harder and harder to be away from the girl sleeping next to him. He feels incomplete without her small, delicate hands in his. He feels like half of a person when Aria is not there smiling next to him. Here, in this moment, he is whole.

When Yoongi has heard of the concept of a soulmate, he's always brushed it off as something fictional; something that lovesick hopefuls created to paint this perfect picture of relationships amidst the chaos that is life. The idea of there being one person out there that will complete one's soul is a calming idea to most; to Yoongi, he never entertained that idea. He accepted a long time ago that he belongs to the music.

But then he met Aria, and suddenly it's not just the music that brings his soul to life. Suddenly, this beautiful, mysterious girl with blue eyes and dark blonde hair has become Yoongi's gravity. For years, Yoongi only felt his true existence shine through when he sat in front of a piano. Now, Yoongi's heart sings for this girl.

The idea of having a soulmate used to be a fictional concept for Yoongi; now he's nearly certain that his soulmate is the person sleeping in his arms right now.

Eight days.

Eight days ago, in the dead of night, Yoongi walked in on a broken, beautiful human being playing a song of sorrow. And he hasn't stopped thinking about her since; not for a single second. The way her hands dance across the keys of the piano, the way her eyes lock on his and twinkle with admiration for the boy, the way their souls blossom in each other's company; these things dance in Yoongi's mind.

Life before Aria was a grayscale portrait painted onto a canvas sprinkled with tears of regret and loneliness. Life before her was like living underwater, where everything was dull and warped, sinking into a seemingly endless abyss of heartbreak.

Life with Aria is vibrant; Yoongi's painting is bleeding from gray into the brightest hues; the sky an enticing shade of blue, the grass a welcoming shade of green. Not even the black and white keys of the piano seem just black and white to Yoongi anymore. He sees the music surround him in the air; it is shining brightly and brilliantly, letting him breathe in the peacefulness of the music instead of being swallowed by the darkness of his life underwater.

Yoongi no longer lives underwater; he's come up for air, his lungs filling with the sweetest oxygen he's ever breathed, only because he knows that he breathes the same air as her.