45

"This isn't a good idea," Yoongi says, laughing nervously as he locks his car door.

"It's a great idea!" Hoseok beams as he locks his own car before walking to Yoongi with Rina and Aria trailing behind him, Rina rubbing Aria's shoulder comfortingly and whispering encouraging words to her.

Aria walks up to Yoongi and gives him a small smile before grabbing his hand for comfort, their fingers intertwining together. Aria smiles at Rina, who smiles back genuinely and gives her a small thumbs up before walking to stand next to Hoseok.

"You okay?" Yoongi whispers in Aria's ear and she shrugs her shoulders as a reply. Yoongi knows that she feels uncomfortable in the environment they are in, but Hoseok has insisted that going out to a party will be good for everyone to open up and relax.

"It's Halloween, guys," Hoseok says, smiling gently at Aria before kissing her forehead. "It's going to be fun. If not, you can leave whenever you want. That's why I had Yoongi bring his car as well so the two of you can make a quick getaway if it gets to be too much."

Hoseok watches his best friend carefully, gauging her reaction as she nods and smiles up at him. Ever since he accompanied her to her childhood home, the two of them have gotten a lot closer; for years after losing her parents, Hoseok felt like she was just out of his reach, but after she was able to get that closure, he feels like she is coming back to him, slowly but surely. He originally planned for Yoongi to go with her, but when he mentioned it to Yoongi, he insisted that Hoseok be the one to go. He said it was something the two of them should do together. That house was a part of Hoseok's past as well, and it was only right that Hoseok be the one to accompany her.

"Meanwhile, Hobi and I will be drunkenly dancing," Rina declares while clapping her hands together, pulling Hoseok out of his thoughts. He beams at her before placing his hand at the small of her back, the four of them making their way across the road and towards the house that the party is being held in.

"Just let me know when you want to leave, baby," Yoongi says in her ear as they walk into the house and become surrounded by the smell of alcohol and the sound of booming music and drunken conversations.

Aria's cheeks tint a rose red color at the nickname, causing Yoongi to smile gently down at her before they follow Rina and Hoseok into the kitchen to get drinks. Aria clings to Yoongi's arm the entire walk through the house, and Yoongi knows that she is not comfortable at all in this environment, though she is doing her best to relax.

Her therapist recommended for her to step out of her comfort zone and do something she normally wouldn't do, and Hoseok figured that this Halloween party would be the perfect event to get her to try something new.

Yoongi sighs and kisses the top of her head, her wavy blonde hair soft against his lips. He breathes in the scent of her, keeping his arm locked around her waist as they walk into the kitchen.

"Beer?" Someone asks, holding out two beers in his hands, and Yoongi glances down at Aria, who shakes her head.

"We're good, thanks," Yoongi says, smiling politely.

Aria suddenly holds her hand up and points, and Yoongi follows the direction of her finger to see Hoseok and Rina with beers in their hands, laughing their heads off and not able to keep their hands off of each other.

"He looks so happy," Yoongi says in soft tone, glancing down at his girlfriend's ethereal features as she watches the couple.

Aria nods in agreement, a peaceful look gracing her features as she watches her best friend laugh in such a relaxed and carefree way.

"I'm going to guess and say it's been a long time since you've seen him be so relaxed," Yoongi says and Aria sighs before nodding.

Yoongi smiles to himself at his uncanny ability to always know what is going through Aria's mind. It's like all he needs to do is look at her face now and he can see into her mind and into her soul. It's been such a long journey from when he first met her and having no idea what was going on in her beautiful mind, but now it is such a natural thing to him.

Aria glances around the room nervously and Yoongi can feel the anxiety nearly pulsing off of her body; she is trying to disguise it by putting on that mask of indifference, but Yoongi can, and always has been able to, see through that mask.

"You doing okay?" He asks and she nods slightly, biting her lower lip before gesturing him to leave the kitchen.

Yoongi gives one last look at Hoseok and Rina, who are now connected by their lips and gently swaying together. The music is not meant for slow dancing, but Yoongi knows that the two of them don't care. Ever since the two met, he's seen the two of them bringing out the other's true happiness; Hoseok, like Yoongi, has found someone who understands him and truly sees him. Yoongi smiles at his friend and sees Aria smiling at him too before he leads her into the living room.

Most of the people are dancing or chatting with strangers, some going into the backyard where Yoongi assumes there is a pool since he's heard multiple splashing sounds and loud laughter coming from outside. Thankfully, the couch is empty so Yoongi and Aria sit down on it, and Aria immediately cuddles into Yoongi's side, almost as if she's using him as a shield to protect herself from the outside world around them.

Yoongi rests his head on Aria's, their fingers staying linked together as though they are the other's lifeline. He can feel her hand trembling in his, and he knows that she is reaching her limit. He is beyond proud of his girlfriend; she stepped out of her comfort zone just as her therapist suggested and she's now doing something that she normally would completely avoid. Not only that, she hasn't complained or resisted anything her therapist has asked of her. She is the strongest person that Yoongi has the privilege of knowing, and he loves her even more for how hard she is trying.

After a few moments, Aria sighs deeply and lifts her head up, locking her gaze onto Yoongi's. He can see the anxiety building in her eyes, and he knows what she is silently asking him.

"Let's go somewhere else," he says and Yoongi sees a sparkle come to life in his girlfriend's eyes. "I actually have a surprise for you that I've been working on with my uncle that I'd like to show you in the music room, if that's okay."

Aria grins and Yoongi can't help the blush that erupts across his cheeks at the beautiful sight in front of him.

"You are the most beautiful person in existence. You know that, right?" He whispers, his free hand moving to cup her cheek delicately as he brings his lips to meet hers in a gentle kiss.

Yoongi pulls away after a few moments, his lips still ghosting over hers. "I love you."

He can feel Aria's lips form a smile against his own.