42

"It'll be good for you," Hoseok reassures Aria as they drive towards the therapist's office that Aria's been referred to, with Yoongi in the backseat of Hoseok's car.

Aria nods hesitantly, staring out the window as she watches the passing buildings and people blur by.

"I know it seems scary, but it really will help to get those feelings out," Yoongi says, leaning forward and placing his hand on her shoulder.

Aria reaches her hand up to squeeze Yoongi's for a moment before being lost in her own thoughts again, and Yoongi lets his hand fall back to his lap as he watches the sights outside the car as well.

He knows that Aria must feel apprehensive about going to therapy to address the deeply rooted sadness that has contributed to her muteness alongside her brain injury. Facing her pain is something she has avoided, almost desperately, for as long as she's had it. School and music distracted her from it, and though she was successfully distracted, she was never cured; never okay.

The pain stayed in her mind, soul and heart, suffocating her and dimming her light to a nearly noticeable flicker. Aria, for years, allowed that flicker of dull light to become her new reality; she allowed herself to be consumed by the darkness and playing music whilst being utterly lost to it.

Now, Aria is standing up with hands outstretched, searching for the box of matches that will light her way towards the future she is aching for; a future she is longing for. It is a future that she could not see in front of her, just out of her reach. The darkness was so absolute and unforgiving that she could only see herself, alone and lost.

Meeting Yoongi has shown her more light than she thought she could ever witness again; now that she can see that bright future that Yoongi helped her see, she is willing to step out of the darkness, out of her comfort zone, and venture into a new beginning.

Therapy is a step she must take to achieve her new dreams, and Yoongi knows that Aria is accepting it as something she will need to do to live in her new tomorrow. Before Yoongi, Aria was not living; she was only surviving. Those who loved her clung to her hollow being, desperate to pull the girl they knew out of the shell she had become.

Through Yoongi, she was able to see the love surrounding her the entire time just outside of the darkness. Through his light, she was able to find her own light again, and though she is still dim, she is lighting herself more fiercely every day, while those who love her watch with pure adoration in their eyes at their beloved girl standing up and lighting her way to who she is meant to be.

Yoongi accepted a long time ago that Aria will never be whole again; nothing can fill the abyss in her heart left behind by her lost parents. But seeing her now, standing on her own two feet and willing to move forward, he knows that she is doing all of this not only for herself, but for them.

He knows that his introduction into her life was the catalyst to getting Aria to step out of the darkness, but he will never credit anyone for her strength besides Aria herself.

Aria was the one who got off the floor of her despair and stood up, walking forward with quivering lips and tears in her eyes, though behind the tears flowed an ocean of determination; a determination that Yoongi has always seen inside of her. He knew from the beginning that all she needed was a little help, so that's what he did. He held out his hand amidst her darkness, his fingers clasped around a candle illuminated with a single flame, showing her the way out.

On her own, she stood up. On her own, she moved forward.

And now, she is continuing to move forward by taking this next step.

"I'm proud of you, Aria," Yoongi says quietly to himself, smiling softly as he continues to look aimlessly out of the window.

The building has a warm and welcome feeling to it as they pull into the parking lot; there are numerous plants and flowers planted around the place, giving the brick exterior a feeling of 'home' instead of an office.

Hoseok parks the car and the three of them get out of it, Hoseok and Yoongi each grabbing one of Aria's hands as she leads the way into the office.

"Hello," the receptionist greets politely as the three step into the waiting room. It's styled much like the outside of the building; there are comfortable armchairs and a plush beige carpet on the floor, small tables adorning different parts of the room with matching lamps placed upon the tops. The overall feeling given off is a calming one; a feeling of warmth.

Hoseok explains about the referral from Dr. Kim and hands over the paperwork while Yoongi goes to sit down in a chair, wringing his hands together in nervousness as the receptionist gets all of Aria's information before gesturing Aria to follow her into another room.

Hoseok gives her a reassuring nod before joining Yoongi, sitting down in the chair next to him.

"She'll be fine," Yoongi says, gently grasping Hoseok's shoulder.

Hoseok nods silently in response, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees. Yoongi sighs and tries to sit back to relax, taking in the rest of his surroundings. The waiting room is rather large, with about ten to fifteen people seated around the room.

Yoongi is about to close his eyes and take a small nap when he sees something in the corner of the room, alone and unused. A piano.

Before Yoongi can even process what he's doing, he's on his feet and moving towards the instrument, almost as if he's drawn to it. He doesn't fight against it; he lets the piano pull him in, welcoming it wholeheartedly.

Yoongi sits down on the bench and lifts the keys' cover, letting his fingertips ghost over the keys as a silent introduction to the instrument. Its keys seem fairly worn but overall, the piano has clearly been taken care of, and Yoongi smiles to himself knowing that this instrument has obviously been well loved and appreciated.

Yoongi lets out a small breath, his mind at war with itself as the urge to play fights his urge to keep his music to himself. But after a few moments of fear and apprehension, everything negative ebbs away. In this moment, it is only Yoongi and this piano here with him.

So, he begins to play, not a care in the world for who may be listening. All that matters to him is that the piano is listening to his story, as it always has.