༺ 𝟑 ༻

Saturday, 10:12 AM

"What a beautiful day..."

Taehyun mumbles with a sigh, mesmerized by the view his bedroom window allowed him to contemplate. The sun was as brighter as it has ever been and there were no clouds in the sky, only the vast and clear blue wave that covered the entire atmosphere, greeting Taehyun from above. Days like these were the reason for Taehyun's motivation to go on with his life and to get better, as sometimes, just like the sky, his life gets a little out of hand and destiny decides to paint it in grey shades.

Kang moves with little happy jumps from his room shared with Huening Kai to the living room, singing a random summer song while the serotonin in his brain dances along with the beat. He sits next to Yeonjun on the sofa and beside him were Soobin, Huening Kai, and last yet definitely least, Beomgyu.

"I want to go for a walk. Will you go with me, Jun?"

Hearing the unpleasant voice of the guy he hates the most in the whole world, Beomgyu automatically looks away from his book to stare at Taehyun, his eyes slowly switching between the blonde's head and feet, in a rude way.

"Taehyun? Oh, I wondered why all the birds had suddenly stopped singing..."

The younger feels his blood boiling inside his body, his mood now completely ruined. It was funny how it hadn't been the sentence itself that triggered Taehyun, but Beomgyu's annoying voice and rude tone. It was no secret that the older had that power over him, everything he said annoyed Taehyun to death, however, it was something the blonde would never admit out loud. Honestly, he didn't have to, because anyone could see from the look on his face that he was affected by Beomgyu's comment.

"Yeonjun?" Taehyun calls for his friend in an attempt to ignore the black-haired boy sitting across the room.

"Yes, we can take a walk. I'll just go dress myself, wait five minutes."

Yeonjun shows a sympathetic smile while he gets up but as soon as he gets out of Taehyun's sight, he locks eyes with Beomgyu and sends him a specific look, as if he was saying "Please don't kill each other while I'm gone".

Taehyun sits next to Kai who was too busy scrolling through Monsta X's Instagram page to even notice him. But then the younger feels little fingers hug his waist and a weight on his shoulder and sighs.

"You're always on your phone, I don't recall the last time we spoke properly..."

"Taehyun we literally played games for two hours yesterday, what are you talking about?" Huening looks up from his phone only to face his friend with an annoyed expression. "Now it's my time to stalk Hyungwon's profile."

Taehyun pouts while moving away from his friend and starts to play with his own hands as a way to kill time while Yeonjun isn't ready. A few seconds later, Kai takes a sneaky glance at him and sighs again.

"Tomorrow we can go to that new arcade..." Kai whispers, feeling a little bad.

"Yes please!"

Huening Kai holds back a smile and puts his arm around Taehyun allowing him to rest his head on his shoulder while he still stalked the idol's profile.

Beomgyu had been silently observing everything from where he was sitting and cringed his face in annoyance after hearing their conversation. Kai was giving all his love and attention to Taehyun and the ravenette couldn't understand how the hell someone could tolerate a human being such as Taehyun. A person that preferred chocolate flavor instead of caramel. A person who screams their lungs out while singing some random English lyrics in the shower. A person who excessively loves hugs. Someone whose main goal was to annoy Beomgyu.

"Poor thing..."

"Did you say something, Beomgyu?" Soobin, who was completely out of his surroundings due to the interesting documentary on TV, asked innocently.

"I said, poor Huening, at this point he is already infected by that disease." Beomgyu makes a sad face and points at the two boys on the left side of the sofa. Soobin widens his eyes.

"Yeonjun are you almost ready?" The second oldest screams, sensing that something bad is about to happen.

"Did you just call me a disease?" Taehyun asks, his eyes burning with hatred. "Out of every insult you could've called me, you chose the word disease? You're getting weaker, Choi Beomgyu."

"No, you're weaker for responding like that." The ravenette answers, looking boredly at his nails "So weak...."

"Do you know what? It's too much of a beautiful day for someone like you to ruin it. Go to hell for heaven's sake, Beomgyu." Taehyun says in an aggressive tone and switches his position, now sitting at the edge of the sofa. Kai sends a worried glance to Soobin.

"You could've spared some embarrassment by not quoting bring me the horizon... and also, can you not look so angry? You know scientists have already found a vaccine for that, right? I mean, it's for dogs but who knows, maybe it will work out on you perfectly..."

Taehyun's breath becomes unsteady as he interiorizes every word that is leaving the older boy's mouth. The blonde tried not to pay attention to every syllable but Beomgyu's voice was just so irritating.

"Truly, whoever looks at you might mistake you for some wild animal or something..."

That was it. Taehyun got up at the speed of lightning and threw himself on top of Beomgyu, his fingers quickly reaching his long and soft black locks, and pulling them with all his strength. Beomgyu, feeling a sudden pain coming from his scalp, reaches Taehyun's blonde hair and pulls it with the same intensity.

"GET OFF MY HAIR YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU DESERVE, ASSHOLE!"

They stayed like that for ten seconds, Beomgyu laying on the ground with Taehyun's weight on top of him, both of them pulling each other's hair and wearing angry grins on their faces as if causing pain to one another was the most satisfying thing in the whole world. Ten seconds, because Soobin and Huening Kai eventually pulled the younger away from Beomgyu.

"I CAN'T FUCKING STAND YOU, CHOI BEOMGYU!"

"DEAL WITH IT, LOSER."