༺ 𝟏𝟖 ༻

Tuesday, 11:46 PM

Today was Yeonjun's birthday. Such a lovely and joyous reason to celebrate, right? But not that enthusiastic when Beomgyu remembers the promise he made two years ago. To be more specific, Beomgyu and Soobin once lost a bet to Yeonjun and had to grant him one wish until the end of their university days. And the best thing Yeonjun could wish for was his friends' company on his birthday. So it was set that every year on the 13th of September all his roommates had to hang out with him and there would be a mysterious punishment for those who disobeyed that rule. And no one wants to find out what's Yeonjun's mysterious punishment. Sometime later, Huening Kai and Taehyun joined their lives and now they have to share the same fate as the first two boys.

They had done this before, as last year Yeonjun decided that the sky was clear enough for them to go to the waterpark and they gave it a try. And despite all the fights (you can guess between whom), they all had an incredible time and created great memories. However, this year had to be different because there was a tiny little problem: Taehyun had twisted his precious ankle.

Yeonjun tried to get around the situation, choosing a place that didn't require almost any physical activity since Taehyun couldn't walk properly. So it was decided they would go to the most famous arcade in Seoul, which was a very colorful and crowded establishment that Yeonjun always wanted to visit. There was only one inconvenience which was the location of the place as the arcade was about 1 hour and thirty minutes away from the dorm. Agreeing that gas was too expensive, they decided to go by bus on a long yet peaceful trip.

And now there they were inside the massive arcade, Soobin, Yeonjun, and Kai bowing continuously in apology towards the employees while Beomgyu and Taehyun played air hockey against each other, entertaining a big crowd of people that were amusingly watching them and betting on the winner.

"This is not a basketball game, surrender before you get annihilated!"

"Try me, bitch!"

The electronic timing box placed on the left side of the air hockey table indicated there were only thirty seconds left. And you might be wondering why they have a crowd cheering them. Well, it is because they were currently in their fifth match and none of them had made a single point. The situation was so rare and surprising even some of the employees took a break to watch them. Soon the fifth game was over and none of the boys had made a point, postponing victory once again.

"Shit, another draw..." Beomgyu whispers while strangers tapped him on the back, whispering encouraging words "Maybe we should try another game, and whoever wins it wins it all!"

"Alright..." Taehyun agrees, looking over the crowd to find an interesting game.

"Let's play the dance battle!" Beomgyu suggests with a grin on his face and Taehyun sends him a defiant look.

"Ha ha ha, you're so funny. I would definitely beat anyone's ass in dancing, but some motherfucker decided that breaking my ankle was a good idea and now I can't walk." Half of the crowd that was on Taehyun's side screamed boooo sounds in Beomgyu's direction "I think we should let these guys decide..."

"Deal! What's the next game, everyone?" Beomgyu asks and lots of names are shouted into the air.

Despite existing a ton of games inside the arcade, most of the crowd agreed that the "Zombie Explosion" was the best option. According to one of the employees, it was the hardest game ever created so winning would be a challenge. Lucky for them, both Beomgyu and Taehyun loved challenges.

When they were standing next to the gaming machines ready to begin the match, Soobin jumps out of the crowd and puts both hands on each boy's shoulder, catching their attention.

"Guys, it's getting late and soon there will be no more busses. We have to go."

"We can't go now, we have to break the tie first!" Beomgyu whines and smiles when the crowd cheers up.

"But in ten minutes..." Soobin is interrupted by his blonde friend holding crutches.

"It's okay Soobin, we'll finish this game just in time. Don't worry."

"Okay... See you later..." Soobin says, not so sure if he could fully trust Taehyun's words.

With Soobin gone, Beomgyu and Taehyun felt no pressure starting the game. It was true they were spending a lot of time trying to finish it because killing those zombies was harder than it looked and they had died multiple times already, returning to the start point over and over again. But even though they were failing, they were also having too much fun to just give up and leave. For some reason, Beomgyu and Taehyun were syntony with each other when it comes to their number of kills. If the ravenette had seventeen, the blonde would have sixteen. If he got close to thirty, Taehyun would have thirty-one. And they stayed like that for the entire time, killing in the same second and dying together almost instantly.

But when Beomgyu is close to hitting a pretty ugly zombie in the head and completing the fifty kills, he feels a high pitch on his foot and instantly draws his attention to the sneaky crutch that was painfully pressing against the top of his toe. And not even a second later, Taehyun makes two last kills, hitting fifty and winning the game. A wave of cheers invades the atmosphere and Beomgyu is too stunned to speak, narrowing his eyes at Taehyun.

"You cheated!" The ravenette screams over the praises and Taehyun gets dangerously close to him, an innocent look painted on his face.

"Me? How could I cheat if I can barely walk?..."

Adrenaline starts rushing through Taehyun's veins as he hears the cheers of the many people that have been spectating him from the start. And he doesn't notice when his own body moves even closer to Beomgyu's, his head looking up so that he could stare directly into the ravenette's eyes, a big machiavellian smile painted on his face. Beomgyu observes Taehyun's every move, the way his blonde hair fell on top of his forehead and his big sparking eyes pierced his own as if he was trying to impose things such as I'm better than you or Don't ever look down on me again, loser.

And Taehyun is too hyped up about his victory to notice Beomgyu lowering his head to the point where their noses were almost touching, while his eyes carefully studied the blonde's face. When he realizes that Beomgyu is too close and looking at him intensively, he sees it as just an angry reaction from a guy that has lost to his biggest enemy and smiles at that thought, clearly happy and content about his victory. And Beomgyu has to bite his lip to hold back a smile when he sees Taehyun moving his head to the left and then to the right continuously, unconsciously doing a cute winning dance. It was like the world around him had been reduced to the image in front of him: only Taehyun mattered right now and seeing him happy was one of the most satisfying things Beomgyu had ever seen.

But all that magic ends when a group of people from the crowd suddenly pick Taehyun up and hold him in the air while screaming his name. Beomgyu laughs at the view and checks his phone, his smile dropping the instant he sees an important text from Soobin.

"Shit, we lost the bus!"