༺ 𝟒𝟔 ༻

Thursday, 11 am

"THE FIRST FLOOR BATHROOM IS MINE!"

Huening Kai's strident voice forces its way inside Beomgyu's ears the moment he turns off the engine and the ravenette isn't even a little bit shocked when he sees through the rearview mirror Kai's figure opening the van door and running towards the beach house, the jangle of Lia's ring of keys echoing in the air as he runs at full speed, relieved that he could finally go to the bathroom. The others all watch as the younger boy dramatically screams his way inside the house and they all decide to just shrug it off and pretend nothing has happened, secretly relieved they won't be hearing him complain about having to pee in the next few hours.

Soon after that, Beomgyu watches as everyone starts to leave the rented van at their own pace, cheerful conversation floating in the air along with a few complaints about leg pain from Yeonjun. Beomgyu is so focused on the others that doesn't notice when a slim figure stops just right next to his window.

"Thanks for driving."

A red-haired girl Beomgyu noticed to be Chaeryeong, one of Lia's friends, thanks him, and he shows her an awkward smile in response, not really knowing how to react.

"I know it was quite boring for you because we were all far away and didn't include you in our conversations. I only thought about it now. Sorry for being insensitive." She continued.

Beomgyu wants to stop her and tell her he didn't mind being left out of the conversation as he actually prefers to drive in silence because this way he doesn't feel pressured to answer meaningless questions and doesn't feel forced to engage in conversations that can perfectly take place after the 3-hour ride when they all reunite in the living room. But he would be lying if he said he couldn't hear anything, as the driver's seat wasn't really that far away and his ears would sometimes capture some curious information about the new girls (and Ryujin). After listening to some of the words that were spoken, he now knows Yeji is a picky eater, Ryujin is dating a new guy she met online 3 weeks ago, Lia is finally learning how to play the electric guitar, and Yuna is a horror enthusiast. However, he couldn't hear anything about Chaeryeong and now that he thinks about it, maybe the only thing he learned about her was that she had a very nice tone of voice, even though he only remembers hearing her speak two or three lines during the whole three-hour car trip.

"You don't have to thank me." Beomgyu manages to say. "If you need help with your bag I'm here."

"Nah, it's okay..." She smiles and then fades away with the rest of the group that was busy taking their luggage and bags out of the van.

Beomgyu never understood those types of people who dragged their entire wardrobe inside a huge suitcase for a four-day trip. Is it so difficult to select what's more important? Anyone could agree that having a big full suitcase for such a short holiday wasn't practical at all, so why would some people do it? Beomgyu was aware that it was usually girls who did that as he has a few faded memories about his aunts' luggage whenever they stayed in his house for a holiday. So it doesn't fail to surprise him when he sees Taehyun's big black suitcase just casually placed inside the trunk. That thing was almost Ryujin's size! Beomgyu tries to contain his inner thoughts and just keep his mouth shut, but as soon as Taehyun makes eye contact with him, his mouth starts moving against his will.

"Are you finally moving out of the dorm, considering you have your entire room inside this big ass suitcase?

Taehyun looks at him with an unfazed expression as he just had the worst three hours of his life and nothing was worse than being car sick for so long, not even Beomgyu's stupid comments.

"I wish, but you would miss me too much." Beomgyu makes a nauseous sound but Taehyun just ignores him and takes his suitcase out of the trunk. "I like to have my things with me when I go on holiday."