༺ 𝟒 ༻

Monday, 10:30 AM

Taehyun opens his eyes in shock as he was jolted awake by the sound of his loud ringtone echoing in the room. Ignoring his uncontrollable heartbeats, the blonde boy quickly straightens his spine and gets up, his face contorted in a grimace of pain as he feels his back aching, a sensation he doesn't get so often because he is always careful about his sleeping position. Well, except for yesterday, as Taehyun vulnerably fell asleep on the sofa while watching a the Spider-Man across the Spiderverse.

Following the strident sound of the song Numb by Linking Park, Taehyun finds his cell phone perfectly placed in the center of the dining table. When he checks who's calling, a look of confusion appears on his face.

"Dwayne Johnson?"

Furrowing his brow, Taehyun slides his finger to the right side of the screen to pick up the call and patiently waits for the unknown person to speak.

"Hey Taehyun, could you verify if we still have yogurts at home?" The blonde sighs when he hears Yeonjun's voice.

"Yeah, we do... By the way, why is your contact on my phone Dwayne Johnson?"

"Why would I know? Goodbye!"

Taehyun rubs his eyes and sits back on the sofa, still feeling very sleepy and distant from reality, as he was the type of person that takes too long to fully wake up. But then his phone rings again, interrupting his thoughts. When the blonde checks the screen he reads the words Dwayne Johnson and instantly picks up.

"Yes, Yeonjun?"

"It's not Yeonjun, it's Kai!" Taehyun frowns when he hears Huening Kai's clear and happy voice "I'm calling you because I forgot my Digital Art book at home again and I was wondering if you could give it to me when you get back to university..."

Taehyun takes a while to answer, still stunned and confused about his phone contacts' names. Blinking his eyes, he lets out a little "okay", finding it hard to elaborate on a sentence.

"Nice! See you later!"

And then Huening Kai hangs up. Taehyun waits a little more to sober up and when he feels awake enough to deal with this weird occurrence, he unlocks his phone and opens the list of his contacts. After scrolling down for two seconds, he lets out the highest scream.

"What the fuck is this!?"

All his contacts were named exactly Dwayne Johnson, with no other character distinguishing one name from another. They were all the same. Taehyun recognized his father and mother's numbers, but the rest of them were just dozens of empty sequences so he had no idea who they belonged to. Suddenly, Taehyun is caught off guard when the screen's color changes, and a decline and an answer button appear along with the same melody as before.

"Hello?" He asks, unsure of who could it be.

"You know, I always wanted to have my contact on your phone to remind you of my existence." A smooth deep voice answers and Taehyun automatically starts to feel very uneasy.

"Beomgyu? What have you done to my phone!?"

"Oh, I see you already caught that," Taehyun hears the ravenette chuckling next to his ear "I did that to teach you a lesson."

"You stupid son of a bitch!" Taehyun screams and takes his free hand to his head. "This is going to take me ages to fix!"

"Don't you want to hear what lesson am I giving you?"

Taehyun cringes at Beomgyu's deep voice and abruptly ends the call. He then proceeds to change the contacts of the numbers he recognizes to their original ones, but his work is interrupted by another Dwayne Johnson calling.

"Hello?"

"Why did you hang up on me?" Taehyun clenches his fist, feeling a wave of anger hitting him.

"I fucking hate you, unnecessary oxygen thief. I hope you die."

"Don't be so mean, all I want is the best for you..." Beomgyu tries his best to sound serious but after some time his laugh betrays him and Taehyun feels like crying from anger. "It was all to teach you a lesson."

"What lesson you anti-social creep?" Taehyun screams at the phone.

"For you to never, ever leave your phone unlocked. Really, just put a code on it. Might be four zeros I don't really care, just put one or you'll get blackmailed in the future or something."

"Who the fuck are you to be giving me orders? You piece of unwanted useless crap-"

"It's hyung for you" Taehyun can almost hear his grin.

"Fuck you."

And then he hangs up again, tired and angry at everything. He tries to imagine Beomgyu's death in his head to feel better, but all he could visualize was that stupid grin and ugly deep voice. He hated him with all his heart.

"Now I'll have to find out who is who..."

Taehyun murmured to himself, completely unaware of the white sheet of paper that was laying on his bed containing all his one hundred and twenty contacts identified, as Beomgyu knew the blonde would be too stubborn to go anywhere else before fixing this mess and would definitely freak out when he'd find the paper and realize he'd lost hours of his time for nothing.