༺ 𝟐𝟏 ༻

Friday, 5:01 AM.

Beomgyu was a complete mess. It was five o'clock in the morning and the black-haired boy was sitting on the couch, completely alone and stamping his foot repeatedly in frustration as his eyes followed the clock's hands move slowly, his mind drifting away from reality. And the reason for his fidgeting state? Two words: Kang Taehyun.

Taehyun hasn't returned home. From a first perspective, Beomgyu didn't care that much, entertaining himself with the terrible soap operas on channel 3, as he was back to his insomniatic self, and sleeping was out of the question. But when the clock pointed to five in the morning, an inexplicable tension formed on his shoulders and he started to feel very anxious. Taehyun had never stayed at the bar that late, he always had the policy to be back at the dorm before three because it helped him organize his studies. And Beomgyu finds himself shaking his leg out of anxiety while he waits for the familiar two knocks on the door.

After a lot of thinking, Beomgyu grabs his jacket and car keys and leaves the dorm. It was a five-minute ride and he had all the space in the world to park his car because the street was empty. After getting out of the vehicle, Beomgyu walks toward the bar in quick steps and what he sees leaves him nervous: right in the middle of the glass door was a sign that said: the bar closes at 3 am.

He tries not to freak out and think about the worst scenario, but all the sleepless nights and the monsters in his head screamed louder: Kang Taehyun, a young adult, completely wasted for god knows how long, and alone. A valid answer to Taehyun's disappearance was that the younger left with his friends somewhere else. But Beomgyu knew how his friends treated him despite Ryujin's positive thoughts about them. Beomgyu knew they were shit since the first day Taehyun appeared drunk and talked about them with tears in his eyes. There was no way those douchebags included him in any afterparty.

Beomgyu observes the surroundings, not having a clue what to do. The road was empty except for his car, all the apartment lights were turned off and there seemed to be no sign of movement anywhere. Walking down the street for a few minutes, Beomgyu finally sees a figure laying down on a bench and his heart starts to beat faster.

"Taehyun?" The younger's name leaves his lips automatically.

When he gets a closer look at the silhouette laying down, he sighs in relief, feeling a big accumulated tension dropping from his shoulders. Kang Taehyun was sleeping soundly, his soft blonde hair messier than usual and shirt almost completely unbuttoned. His arms hugged his legs in a position to minimize the cold and Beomgyu could've sworn he saw his body trembling once or twice.

He takes a few seconds to admire the younger's angelic and peaceful figure, but then all of his worry and relief turns into anger. How could he look so angelic and unbothered after making Beomgyu wait for hours? Without thinking twice, he slaps the blonde's head.

"Wake up, stupid."

Taehyun murmurs something before slowly opening his eyes, a confused frown wearing his forehead. But when he gets a clearer view of his surroundings, a drunk smile forms on his face.

"Beomgyu hyung..."

"Get up. We're leaving right now."

Taehyun's smile fades away and he narrows his eyes at the man standing right beside him, clearly confused about his rough tone. Crossing his arms, Taehyun makes a dramatic pout and turns his face away from Beomgyu.

"You're rude!"

Beomgyu blinks his eyes continuously as he watches the childish drunk man in front of him and without any hesitation, he grabs Taehyun's waist and picks him up, carrying him on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. As predicted, the blonde boy was too drunk to protest against Beomgyu's grip, making it easy for them to arrive at the car. Without exchanging a word, Beomgyu fixes Taehyun's seat belt and drives them back to the dorm.