༺ 𝟑𝟔 ༻

Saturday, 12:23 AM

"I feel like dying," Soobin whispers while he waits for the coffee machine to be ready.

"Me too, mate." Beomgyu says, taking a cola out of the fridge.

"I don't remember anything that happened yesterday..."

"So you're saying you don't remember being mean to me all day?" Beomgyu cocks an eyebrow in his friend's direction.

"I'm sorry..." Soobin gets closer to Beomgyu and hugs him tightly, genuinely mad at himself for treating his best friend like shit during the entire week. This wasn't his usual behavior and he hoped Beomgyu would forgive him for being such an ass. "I love you."

The shorter just smiles and hugs him back, taking a mental note to ask him about his previous grumpy mood at another time "I know you do."

"Get out of my way, gays." Huening Kai rushes to the kitchen and walks over to the sink in quick steps, preparing a glass of water and drinking it like a shot. "I feel like puking again..."

"What the hell happened to you? You look dead!" Soobin asks while examining Kai's sweaty face and messy clothes.

"I got a message on my phone this morning congratulating me for joining this weird cult." Kai drinks another glass of water at the speed of lightning. "I'm going to change my phone number right now."

"Well, I fucked a guy whose face I don't remember." Soobin confesses while grabbing his coffee.

"And I almost got fucked by a guy whose face I don't remember." The two boys look at Beomgyu with surprising looks.

"Didn't know you were a bottom, Beomgyu," Kai says playfully.

"I have no labels," Beomgyu answers normally, ignoring his friends' specific glances.

"I just love pos drunk conversations" Kai sighs and suddenly hugs the two boys at once, making them cringe "I think my life would suck if I didn't have you guys. Now I'll go change my number, goodbye!"

"Wait!" Beomgyu almost screams as soon as Huening Kai reaches the door. "Is Taehyun in your room?"

"Why are you asking?" Kai looks at him with a suspicious look.

"I wanted to wake him up with the sound of pots smashing. Is he there?" Beomgyu shamelessly lies and Huening laughs.

"Yes, he's there. And I'll give you permission to do that because I think he'll be too dead to kill you. Goodbye guys!"

Beomgyu sighs in relief, feeling glad that Taehyun didn't stay the night at Eunwoo's place even though he had promised himself he wouldn't care anymore. But how would that be possible if Taehyun was all he thinks about? Soobin silently observes Beomgyu's sorrowful expression and narrows his eyes in his direction.

"You're acting weird..." He whispers after taking a sip of his coffee but Beomgyu just brushes his words away with his hand.

"Nope, you're the one acting weird. I'm going to practice. Goodbye!"

+×+

"So guys, as you may know, Eric and Hyunjae are out of the team forever..." The coach announces and some of the boys let out fake sad noises, as they were all tired of those two fighting devils and were glad they were gone.

"And as you may also know, we have two transferred students that are now part of our team!" Coach Choi puts on his psychopath smile and grabs two unfamiliar boys by their arms "Be nice to them. Or don't, I don't really care. Everybody on the field in ten minutes!"

Beomgyu watches as all of his teammates start talking to the new boys, excitement floating in the room. As usual, the ravenette stays forgotten in the corner, tieing his shoes while everyone talks loudly. Looking out of the corner of his eye, he checks the new boys and waits for them to introduce themselves.

The first boy is named Younghoon and he's got a handsome face, strong black eyebrows and dark chocolate hair. His smile looks bright and he talks to the team like he's been part of it for many years, showing off his great social skills. He's already wearing his uniform and his sneakers look expensive. He seems like a nice guy and Beomgyu sadly sighs when he sees Eunwoo already talking to him like they were friends.

The other boy is almost the same height as the first one, only a little bit taller. He's definitely the most handsome guy out of them all, but his hair is lacking styling and a little bit of cutting. His eyes are very sharp, almost like a fox and he's also wearing his new uniform. He says his name is Mingi and he's not great at talking to people. The other boys say it's fine, that he'll get comfortable around then and will be able to talk freely. But anyone can see how they're all in Younghoon's shoes, leaving the other guy isolated.

Beomgyu looks at the crowd of people and notices how far away he is from everyone. He doesn't do it on purpose, it just happens and he's too awkward and tired to make effort into talking to anyone, including the new guys. He's almost certain Eunwoo and the others have already warned them about the scary rude teammate that is only on the team because he can score many points. Distracted by his own thoughts, he doesn't notice the mysterious guy that has sat next to him.

"Hello." An unfamiliar voice greets him but Beomgyu doesn't bother looking.

"Hi."

"My locker is next to yours..." He shyly says.

"Good for you." Beomgyu mentally slaps himself for sounding so rude when he doesn't mean to. "I'm sorry, I meant to say that's nice."

"I know." There's an awkward silence between them. "Aren't you curious about what they said about you?"

Beomgyu turns his head to take a look at the new guy and realizes it's Mingi, the shy one. He's nervously playing with his hands and looking at the younger with anxious shiny eyes and Beomgyu sympathizes with him almost immediately.

"Shoot."

Mingi smiles, his fear of rejection disappearing little by little. "They say you're scary, hate everyone, and talking to you will only give me trouble because you have enemies outside the school."

Beomgyu rolls his eyes, the word 'enemies' sounding fucking hilarious inside his head. "Then why are you talking to me?"

"Because I don't believe it."

"You should." Beomgyu tries but Mingi shakes his head.

"I think you're just saying that because you want me to go away. But I'm like a worm, I'm here to stay.

"Then I'll just ignore you." Beomgyu says bluntly and turns his head away, pretending the other didn't exist.

"You know talking to you won't actually do me any bad and they only say that because they don't like you and want you to have no friends." Mingi spits it out and Beomgyu bites his lips, truth hitting him like a truck "I'm not like them. And I hate talking to new people but with you it's easy. Be my friend, please?"

Beomgyu turns his head again and observes Mingi's foxy eyes and hopeful expression carefully. How could Beomgyu say no after seeing that pleading face? He looked so genuine and anxious, and Beomgyu didn't have to think twice before answering.

"I guess if the mafia takes you you can't blame me because you've been warned. I'll be your friend."

Mingi's eyes switch from worry to relief and an instant smile forms on his face. Without wasting more time, he takes his phone out of his pocket and shows Beomgyu the adding contact page. However, the ravenette just shakes his head.

"I'll give you my contact if you score 10 points in practice. No buts."

And after that Beomgyu gets up and runs to the field, leaving behind a happy tall silver haired boy with a cute mole on his cheek and  the happiest smile in the world.

NOTE :

Of course I had to bring ateez into this again. Anyway, hope everyone is okay, goodnight! <3 (p.s.: I'll correct the english mistakes later)