༺ 𝟏𝟔 ༻

Saturday, 5:10 PM

Today wasn't a good day for Choi Beomgyu.

His dead eyes wandered around the living room in slow motion, tiredness consuming his body while his brain screamed for a good night of sleep. But that night will never come as it's insomnia's job to keep Beomgyu awake at all costs. It hasn't always been like this. In the past, he would sleep for six hours, other times seven. But for the past eight months, he's had a serious problem with not being able to lay down and fall asleep, like a machine that works for several days while overheating. His defeated figure would often beg gods he doesn't even believe in for a little bit of sleep. And sometimes it worked and the machine would stop combusting. But most of the time it didn't. And today was just like one of those days.

Unable to sleep, his brain flew back in time and kept replaying the vivid memory of drunk Kang Taehyun over and over again. The way he was comfortably sitting on his lap with his hands traveling to Beomgyu's hair and neck while kissing him passionately, their lips performing a specific dance that required intertwined tongues and nasty hands rubbing all over each other's bodies. Beomgyu recalls the panic and anxious feeling he had in his gut when Taehyun rubbed his lips on his neck and whispered "Can I kiss you?" in his ear. Everything was just too real and too fresh in his head and he had no clue how to deal with it.

They were all in the living room and Beomgyu was sitting in his usual spot, alone, watching his housemates have the greatest conversation of all times, chatting like there was no tomorrow. However, at a certain point, Huening Kai decides to put his energy to rest and watch a random gameplay on Youtube. Beomgyu notices how Soobin gets quiet too and tries to take a not-so-discrete peek at the younger's screen while Yeonjun and Taehyun remain in their stupid little bubble Boemgyu hated so much. They were both sitting on the ground, laughing about something probably stupid and Beomgyu has to control the urge to roll his eyes every time Yeonjun would lean in Taehyun's direction to tell him something in his ear, the childish act of hiding his mouth behind his hand so that the others couldn't read his lips was just frustrating. Beomgyu was done, Taehyun clearly had a decent night of sleep and was either playing dumb and pretending the other night hadn't happened or was completely oblivious. Both options annoyed Beomgyu.

After what seems to be forever, Choi hears the blonde giggling and gets up from his seat, incapable of enduring the anxious feeling of the unrevealed truth that was threatening his stomach since yesterday. He walks toward the two guys and taps Taehyun's leg with his foot, catching his attention.

"We need to talk."

The conversation between Taehyun and Yeonjun automatically ceases and Huening Kai pauses the video he was watching, his and Soobin's ears ready to absorb any information about the new topic. Taehyun stares at Beomgyu for a few seconds, clearly confused, but then he notices the stern look on the older's face and decides it's best to just nod his head.

"Talk."

"Alone."

If Beomgyu used to seem like a frightening guy before, now without any sleep he looked terrifying. The dark circles under his eyes were as darker and bigger as they ever were and the dead look on his tired eyes could scare the shit out of every child in the world. Everybody knew Beomgyu had a very troubled sleeping schedule, but today was just too much. It was written on his face that something had happened or that he was going through something.

Taehyun narrowed his eyes and got up. "Okay then."

Refusing to wait for the younger, Beomgyu walks toward his room, his tiredness growing progressively as time passed. When Taehyun joins him, the black-haired boy closes the door rather harshly than he needed to.