༺ 𝟐𝟗 ༻

Friday, 10:00 PM

Taehyun has been stressed out for several days now. His chemistry teacher had demanded a specific work that required lots of research and infinite pages of detailed information. And there's nothing wrong with it, not until you look at the deadline: the assignment has to be done in less than a week, otherwise, he won't pass that class. Almost all of his classmates were freaking out and trying their best to finish the project, but nothing could be compared to the effort the blonde was putting into this task.

He had spent four days making intensive research on the work's weird topic and one day organizing the information and presentation. Everything was going south: Taehyun only had a few hours left till the end of the assignment and there was still so much to do. He was currently sitting on the sofa with his laptop on his lap and his fingers were typing aggressively on the keyboard. Every second mattered so he decided he would torture his eyes and spend the entire day looking at the computer instead of enjoying a Friday night out like he normally would.

Beomgyu had watched Taehyun all week. He didn't intend to, but his attention would always make its way to Taehyun and when he saw the blonde boy dragging his feet while walking around the house with a tired expression on his face, he figured the younger hasn't been sleeping or eating properly. And it was obvious that the university was the culprit of his terrible state. Beomgyu knew Taehyun was a perfectionist and had the best grades in his class, so if a teacher gave him an almost impossible task, he would do anything to succeed.

"Taehyun can we go sleep now?" Beomgyu asks calmly.

"No." Taehyun shortly answers, his eyes piercing the screen while his hands danced on the keyboard.

Beomgyu sighs. All he wants to say is "This is not good for you. Your assignment doesn't need to be perfect" but he doesn't, because that would be weird. They hate each other so why would Beomgyu even care about sober Taehyun? With slow steps, Beomgyu walks up to the door.

"I'll be back in an hour. I want you sleeping when I get back." Beomgyu says in a loud tone, however, Taehyun doesn't bother answering back.

He drives to the nearest convenience store, a place he knows so well because it used to be his refuge from all those sad sleepless nights. He doesn't remember when he started to come to this place but recalls the cozy feeling the worker transmitted and since then they've been having late-night tea together from time to time. After parking in the desert parking lot, Beomgyu enters the store and happily greets the person behind the counter.

"Long time no see, Wooyoung."

"That's supposed to be my line..." The brown-haired boy answers with a smile as soon as he hears Beomgyu's voice, his hand reaching the younger's shoulder to give him a sympathetic pat.

"I see you haven't left this shitty job," Beomgyu says with a hint of sadness in his voice, as he knew Wooyoung's true dream was to become a professional dancer and not to work in a stupid convenience store.

"I got no choice, gotta pay my bills... I haven't seen you for so long, I kinda missed you."

"You're such a liar..." Beomgyu rolled his eyes and Wooyoung just smiled in his direction.

"Tell me, are you here to shop or to have tea with me?"

"Tea, obviously."

Wooyoung chuckles and gestures to Beomgyu to sit outside while he went to grab the things. When they were both comfortably sitting on their chairs with a cup of tea in their hands, Wooyoung decides to question the younger.

"You haven't come here for two months now. Have you figured out a way to fall asleep? I can see you haven't those extreme dark bags under your eyes anymore."