༺ 𝟐𝟎 ༻

Wednesday, 11:10 AM

"WHAT THE FUCK, BEOMGYU?"

Taehyun's loud scold invades Beomgyu's sleepy ears like a hurricane and his eyes automatically open wide in surprise. His first instinct is to grab the glasses that were on the bedside table and put them on his face, the image in front of him instantly becoming clear. But what he sees leaves him confused.

"What's wrong...?" He asks while observing Taehyun searching for something in the corner of the room.

"What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?" Taehyun turns around to face a sleepy and clueless Beomgyu. "You were supposed to wake me up by six! It's eleven o'clock now!"

Beomgyu opens his mouth ready to confront the blonde boy, but then it hits him: he fell asleep. How did that happen? Seeing that Beomgyu was in some kind of trance, Taehyun groans and continues to search for his backpack. When he manages to find it under the motel's bed, he picks it up and starts walking toward the door. Still in shock, Beomgyu grabs Taehyun's arm, not letting him leave.

"W-Wait for me!"

"Hell no! You lied to me!" Taehyun seemed a little more distressed than usual. "I don't know what passed through my head when I decided to trust you. I already missed my first two classes and the next bus is in five minutes. So get ready now or catch the next one! I won't wait for you!"

Taehyun then storms out of the room, his cute little Harry Potter backpack keychain strongly hitting the wall and detaching itself from his bag. Beomgyu gets up and picks the keychain from the floor, calling Taehyun's name to warn him. But the blonde boy was already gone and Beomgyu is left with millions of questions inside his head and a cute little toy in his right hand.

+×+

Everything felt so surreal. Beomgyu had slept for more than nine hours for the first time in years and he felt so relieved. "Am I cured?", he asks himself but then his gaze travels to the grumpy boy beside him. They were currently walking side by side to the canteen, two waves of blue lockers and some random students surrounding them as they walked at the velocity of light.

"It can't be because I slept next to someone, I tried it with many people before and it never worked..." He observes Taehyun's messy bangs and serious expression."Maybe it's just him..."

Without thinking twice, Beomgyu slowed his pace so that he could be walking behind Taehyun. And when the younger least expects it, Beomgyu sniffs his hair and neck, seeing if he could find a weird smell that could potentially reveal the cause of his sleeping mystery. Taehyun feels a warm breeze on the back of his head and turns around, facing Beomgyu.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He rudely asks and the ravenette just stares at him.

"It's not his scent... Maybe his touch is just different..."

Taehyun takes a deep breath and looks the other way, his back facing Beomgyu again. It wasn't worth fighting right now as Taehyun was tired and they were in the middle of the corridor. But not even a second later, Beomgyu stops him from walking and grabs his hands. Confused, Taehyun watches as his precious keychain is placed between his fingers, but he doesn't have time to think about it because another thing catches his attention: Beomgyu's hand caressing his own as if he was some kind of fortune teller and was trying to see if he'll be rich in the future.