༺ 𝟗 ༻

Saturday, 3:17 am

Taehyun feels his head spinning around with every step he takes toward the dorms. It seemed like distance was all an illusion and every inch he got closer to home the further away he was, like he was being magically carried away a hundred steps back every time he tried to focus and get home. The blonde boy had lost count of how many times he knocked on the wrong door and received terrible treatment such as spits of hurtful words and unpleasant stares. But that didn't matter because Taehyun would not remember any of it tomorrow. Truth was, in his current state all numbers written on each door seemed the same. Maybe Taehyun shouldn't have taken all those shots, considering how low his tolerance was. But the thought of his friends leaving after finding him boring was stronger than his sense of responsibility.

After knocking on three more random doors and gaining nothing but silence or complaints, he eventually arrives at the right one. Raising his fist, he hits the door three times, creating a funny rhythm. His sight was awfully terrible and his body was moving on its own, making strange sudden movements as if he was close to losing a battle against gravity. After waiting for what seemed like mere seconds but was, in reality, ten minutes, Taehyun proceeds to knock on the door again while his feet try to find the right balance to stay fixed on the ground.

Beomgyu was the only person awake at the moment, due to his history of insomnia that affected his everyday life. He was lost in his thoughts while his empty eyes followed the subtitles of some useless documentary on channel one. When he hears the second knocking, he wakes up from his little trance and walks towards the door, glancing suggestively at the big piece of wood.

"Who is this?"

There's no answer. For a minute Beomgyu curses the engineers who designed these dorms for not adding peepholes on the doors. Don't they know this is utterly dangerous for curious people like him? Beomgyu sighs, thinking about the next complaint letter he'll write to the principals.

"Who is this?" He asks again.

This time, the person behind the door lets out a soft grunt. Knowing that only university students have the card to open the front gate of the residence, Beomgyu decides to open the door, deciding he was capable enough to win a fight against some drunk teenager.

As soon as he opens the door, his eyes fall to stare at the figure in front of him. It was a student that had soft blonde hair and whose hand was leaning against the wall, supporting all of his weight. His wallet was exposed, almost falling off of his pocket and his shirt was half unbuttoned. Without thinking further, Beomgyu closes the door on the younger's face.

No, it wasn't Beomgyu's job to take care of that stupid drunk boy, much less to put up with him at this hour. Who chose to drink above his limits was him and Beomgyu had no obligation to babysit no one. The ravenette returns to his place on the sofa and his eyes automatically meet the TV.

He probably went to the nearest bar that belonged to a handsome man named Taehyung, Beomgyu thinks. It was such irresponsibility to return home drunk, all alone, and with his belonging exposed in his pockets. What if someone robbed him? Or worst, what if someone assaulted him on the streets? Beomgyu shivers when that particular thought crosses his mind. What a fucking lack of sense the younger boy had.

And that's when it hits him: Taehyun was outside, drunk, vulnerable, and completely out of it. What could happen if some nasty students pass by and see the blonde boy helplessly laying on the ground? Beomgyu could hate Taehyun all he wanted, but he would never forgive himself if something bad happened to him.

Beomgyu stands up and walks to the door with quick steps. When he opens it, he sees Taehyun laying on the ground, his big brown eyes staring directly at his own. Choi considers picking him up but almost throws up at that mere thought. So he just grabs both of the blonde's feet and drags him inside the house like a corpse.