༺ 𝟑𝟕 ༻

Thursday, 9:45 AM

"So..."

Beomgyu lets his voice out in a whisper, his anxious eyes looking away from his book to meet Soobin's bored figure that was casually sitting next to him on the sofa, his mind way too occupied watching the new Discovery Channel documentary to answer right away.

"So?" Soobin repeats as a matter of habit and waits for his friend to talk.

Beomgyu closes his mouth into a thin line, not sure about what he was going to say as everything sounded awkward inside his head. When Soobin realizes his friend isn't going to talk, he looks away from the TV to meet his eyes.

"So?" He asks with a furrow on his brow and Beomgyu stutters a little bit before directing his attention back to his book.

"Nothing..."

Soobin raises an eyebrow in his friend's direction and observes as the ravenette fixes his posture and pretends to read the book that was peacefully laying on his lap. Without thinking twice, the older gets closer to Beomgyu and gently presses his hands on each side of the book, closing it slowly so that he could get the younger's attention.

"I know you want to tell me something...." Soobin shows him a genuine smile. "I'm all ears."

Beomgyu nods his head and Soobin is a little taken back when he sees the younger's puppy eyes looking directly at him, like a lost child that doesn't know what to do after breaking mom's favorite vase.

"I made a friend."

In a matter of seconds, Soobin's frown turns into a smile and he feels a wave of excitement taking over him, his full attention now on Beomgyu.

"Tell me more about it."

"His name is Mingi and he's one of the new players on my team... He's Kai's height and very very very shy, like, he starts to sweat at the minimum interaction he has with anybody and sometimes his cheeks get so red he looks like a tomato..." Beomgyu unlocks his phone and shows Soobin his new friend's profile "This is what he looks like..."

Soobin observes Mingi's cool silver hair and his bright smile in one of the photos. "He looks friendly. But how did that happen?"

"He just came up to me and asked me to be his friend. You see, he arrived with another guy that happens to be very social and that guy obviously won everyone's heart. So Mingi just stood there by the corner and I guess he saw me alone and thought we would make a good match. And we did, he's so cool! The other guys told him bad things about me and he still came to talk to me and said he didn't care about what they said..."

Soobin smiles, genuinely interested. "That's very nice, I like him already. How old is he?"

"He's Yeonjun's age, twenty-two. But it doesn't seem like it sometimes, he's so energetic and bubbly, I seriously thought he was younger than me. But turns out he's my hyung!"

Soobin hmms and pouts his lips playfully "Good for him..."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just waiting for you to say that I'm your best hyung and always will be." Soobin whispers in a childish tone and Beomgyu rolls his eyes.

"But you are my favorite hyung." He reassures him even though he knows his friend is joking. "I think you and him would get along pretty well, as he's afraid of horror movies, just like you. But you're not as awkward as him. And you don't blush at everything every time. Yesterday we were at this café and he..."

Beomgyu suddenly stops talking, his voice dying abruptly when his eyes scan a blonde figure that has just entered the living room. His messy blonde hair was matching his sleepy eyes and he held a hot cup of coffee in his hand. Beomgyu's mood changes completely, his smile transforming into a poker face while his body tensed a little. He hasn't seen Taehyun's face properly since Jake's party as he wasn't prepared to deal with the younger's existence at the moment. So when Taehyun takes a sit on the sofa across them, Beomgyu gets up and waves goodbye to Soobin.

"I have to go. Goodbye."

And as fast as lightning, Beomgyu is out of the dorm, not even bothering to take a jacket with him. Soobin tilts his head in confusion and looks at Taehyun.

"What was that?"

"He's clearly avoiding me." Taehyun says in a normal tone and takes a sip of his coffee "He doesn't even know how to fake it. That anti-social awkward bitch."

"Avoiding you? Since when?"

"It's been five days now." Taehyun answers normally "He pretends I don't exist and doesn't respond to my bickering anymore. It's like he's trying to delete my whole existence. And I think it's because of the fight we had on Thursday. I said some unpleasant things..."

"Shouldn't you apologize?" Taehyun shakes his head. "Why not?"

"He's going to ignore me or just laugh at my face. My pride is too big to let that happen. He can run for how much time he wants but he can't avoid me forever. I live with him. He'll calm down eventually, it's not like he hasn't said bad things to me in the past. He'll get over it."

Soobin listens to Taehyun's robotic tone and shakes his head. It was like the younger was trying to pretend he wasn't affected by the situation at all and was lying to himself with some empty words.

"Well, that's a shame because he was so happy seconds ago..."

"Does that creature ever gets happy?" Taehyun asks sarcastically.

"He does, he made a friend!"

Taehyun stares at Soobin with a curious look "A friend?"

"Yeah. He's new in our university and according to him he's a bubbly shy guy." Soobin says while smiling "You should have seen Beomgyu, he looked so happy while he talked about him. He wasn't smiling but he was reflecting that bright side that sometimes escapes from him without him knowing, I don't know if you have ever seen it..."

"I haven't. And I hope I never will. Happy Beomgyu sounds cringe."

"You know what Taehyun?" Soobin after some thinking "Maybe he's avoiding you because he's too occupied with his new friend now and has no energy to play Tom and Jerry with you anymore."

Taehyun stays silent, the cup of coffee glued to his lips while his mind traveled between the bank pages of his current thoughts.

"Aren't you happy tho?" Soobin asks. "That he's finally leaving you alone as you wanted? He should thank you because you're the reason he's more open with other people now, as I told you before. But I guess you don't need to do anything anymore, you can finally rest. How does that sound?"

"Lovely."

Soobin smiles in his direction, genuinely happy to finally have peace in his house and before he notices, his attention is back on the TV screen, leaving Taehyun alone with his thoughts. Taehyun's cup was empty but he stayed still in his seat for a few more minutes, incapable of shaking the uncomfortable feeling inside his stomach. He doesn't know why it's there, but he's sure it's something Soobin said. Probably the part about contributing to Beomgyu's happiness since he hates him and doesn't want to have anything to do with his happy ending. Or probably how Soobin described their fights as Tom and Jerry, one of the shows he never liked as a kid. Or the thing about Beomgyu being too focused on his new friend to pay attention to Taehyun, as if Taehyun was just something to pass the time, like a doll that gets used and then forgotten.

Or maybe what annoyed him was the fact that he had spent the past few days bickering with a wall, trying to get some reaction that surely never came. Or maybe because he was used to Beomgyu's company, as fighting was not a full-time hobby for them and sometimes they quite enjoyed being together in the living room, just the two of them, Beomgyu reading a book while Taehyun watched his cartoon shows on the TV. Because now Beomgyu was never in the living room and it didn't feel right in
Taehyun's heart to watch the cartoons without the older's presence. Or the fact that Beomgyu didn't come to the shop this Wednesday like he normally would, making Taehyun wait for him like a fool, with his terrible tea next to him. Or the reality that now he didn't need Taehyun anymore because he had another person to occupy his time with...

Taehyun takes a deep breath and gets up, shaking the uneasy feeling inside his stomach caused by this sudden change of routine "It's nothing..."

NOTE :

Hello there! I'm going camping for the next 4 days but I'll try to write at night while my cousins are sleeping heheh. I hope everyone is having a good day! See you soon

𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 | 𝐭𝐚𝐞𝐠𝐲𝐮On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara