Prologue

A/N: Please feel free to change the word "traveler" to your likings because I refuse to write y/n. Thanks so much for reading in advance!

A year has passed since your first day of going out and traveling Teyvat. Your mother is strict with you and she doesn't want you to go out traveling but fortunately, after the engagement of your mother to the head of Feiyun Commerce Guild, her traits suddenly changed. Along the way, you met a lot of people and made friends with them. One of your close friends is Thoma. You are also related to Xinqgiu, the second son of the Feiyun Commerce Guild. Xingqiu is your step-brother and you are currently living in Liyue.

Today is the day when you will meet Thoma again. It's been a month since you last saw him. He went back to Mondstadt to visit her mother but he will go to Inazuma again after. In order for Thoma to go to Inazuma, he needed to travel to Liyue so he will meet you along the way. You promised yourself that you will visit all the seven nations but there is still no progress. Since you will meet him today and he is also headed to Inazuma, you decided to go with him.

"Hey, miss traveler?" greeted Thoma as soon as he saw you waiting in the harbor. He always teases you and calls you, a traveler, because he knows that you always wanted to be a traveler.

"Shut it! I haven't been to Mondstadt yet," you responded to his teasing. "I'm not yet an official miss worldwide."

He laughed at you when you said that with sparkles in your eyes and with emotion. Thoma met you in this exact place a year ago. It was when you first went out so you have no clue about the outside world. On your first encounter with Thoma, you were wandering and looking around as you admire the sky more clearly with your bare eyes so accidentally bumped into him which made him lose his balance and unintentionally dropped the bottles of wine from Mondstadt.

You promised your mother that you won't be in trouble as you traveled so you told him that you were going to cover it with a few mora that you have but he insisted and you refused. Because of the incident, you two became close to each other and he always visit Liyue to see you though he still doesn't know that you are the first daughter of the Feiyun Commerce Guild, the powerful trading guild in Liyue.

"You're lost in thoughts," said Thoma while both of you are looking at the waves. "Care to share?"

"I was just reminiscing the past when I first met you," you said as you chuckled. "I never thought that I will really travel the world."

Both of you are in the boat now while enjoying the cold breeze of the wind as it dances along with a few strands of your hair. While looking at the waves, you took off the tie from your hair. Your hair has always been tied to a low bun because your mother wanted you to look decent and respectable. As soon as you took off your tie, your silky hair caught Thoma's attention. You can see how mesmerized he is in your peripheral vision.

It took you two hours before you guys arrived in Inazuma. When you first stepped into Ritou, you realized that the place look gloomy and comforting at the same time. Thoma helped you to carry some of your baggage but you noticed that the most important baggage was missing so you checked again but unfortunately, you couldn't find it. You were aware that there are cases of stealing but you still let your guard down.

"Thoma, have you seen a baggage that this big?" you asked him as you gestured how big your baggage is. "It is where I kept my mora and jewelry."

"How can you be so careless?" said Thoma with disappointment as he sighed while checking if there are still baggage left but he saw nothing.

You felt like a burden to him when you look at him, sighing a few times and walking back and forth. 'Really? I was robbed on my first travel? Are you kidding me? Whoever did that shall suffer the wrath of rock.' you said in your thoughts. Both of you are still stuck in Ritou because Thoma believes that you just misplaced it and traveling to Inazuma City is a bit pricey. Thoma still needs the mora to travel to Kamisato Estate since it is where he works.

While both of you are sitting in the corner on the stairs, Thoma thought of something. He said that working under the Kamisato Estate for a few weeks or months will help you earn mora to go back to Liyue so you can get enough mora again to travel Teyvat. You hesitated but eventually, both of you ended up in Kamisato Estate. The other maids greeted both of you. While entering the estate, you heard some guards and maids talk shit about Thoma but you felt that he gripped your hand firmly when he saw you glaring at them.

"Thoma! Welcome back~" greeted the young lady with long light blue hair in a ponytail as she hugged Thoma. 

"You missed me that much, Milady?"

As you watched them both, you were stunned at how close they are. Thoma let go of your hand and hugged her back as caressed her hair along the end. Your eyes followed Thoma's hand, caressing the long silky hair of her. You felt something unusual while staring at them. It felt like something is hurting inside of you but you couldn't figure it out. You gulped and slowly tied your hair back in a ponytail. Her hair was longer than yours and it shines brighter.

Thoma almost forgets to introduce you to her and to the butler, Furuta. He talked about the matter that you were robbed so you need to work here and earn mora in order to go back to Liyue. Since the young girl is considered and you are Thoma's acquaintance anyway, she agreed for you to work here in the meantime. 

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself... my apologies," she said as she bowed. "The name's Kamisato Ayaka. Delighted to make your acquaintance."

"Thank you for the warm welcome," you started as you bowed and let out a quick smile. "Please call me... traveler."

Thoma and the butler helped you and guided you in the Kamisato Estate. You familiarized yourself with your surroundings so you won't get lost. You know for yourself that you're not good at memorizing directions unless you have a map because you've never been outside for a long time before. After you wander around with them, Furuta already has some work for you. The butler wanted you to deliver the letter to Inazuma City for Katheryne.

"Will do!" you responded as you bowed before going out.

You stopped after shutting the door as you closed your eyes and sighed before heading to Inazuma City, hoping that you won't get lost. As you were walking in the Chinju forest, you looked down to follow the visible trails on the ground. It was getting smooth not until you saw the white shoes from the person in front of you. You were startled so you flinched and stepped back but you slipped because of the water trail in Chinju Forest.

It seems like the person in front of you is not facing in your direction so he didn't acknowledge your presence. He turned his direction from where he heard someone falling behind. His eyes widened as he looked at you, soaking wet. He apologized and offered his hand but you got up by yourself as you squeezed your sleeves to dry it. You glared at him from head to toe with your furrowed eyebrows. He looked kinda similar to someone you just met. As you scanned him again, you saw a purple insect on his hand but he quickly hide it. 'Is that an onikabuto? How childish,' you judged him in your thoughts.

"I really am sorry for my stubbornness," he apologized as he bowed a few times.

"Don't mind it," you said as you gave him a quick smile which faded away quickly.

He saw your expression so he was not convinced that you were fine. He tried to look for something and you saw him taking out his silky white handkerchief. He was about to reach for your hand to wipe it with his handkerchief but you stepped back.

"I said it's fine," you said firmly while still glaring at him. "It's not like you could dry my clothes with that handkerchief of yours."

He bowed again and apologized a few times as he offered his handkerchief but you avoided him and walked past him.

"M-may I know your name... at least?" he asked.

"I don't give my personal information to someone I just met," you responded without looking back at him, then you started to walk away.

A/N: I'm got a mood to write Kamisato Ayato x Reader fanfic because of the leaks