Chapter 19

As you pushed the button for the doorbell, their servants quickly opened the door and welcomed you with hospitality so you greeted them back. The interior of the manor is not as wide as you think from the outside. Everything is shiny and sparkling as well as the floor and railings of the curved stairs. The servants let you sit on the couch for a moment and they called for Eula who is not far away from you.

Eula formally introduced herself so you stood up and introduced yourself as well. You explained to her why you're here even though she already knows why. "I'm sincerely apologizing for the inconvenience. Father isn't here in the manor today but you can stay here since we have a lot of things to talk about," she politely and calmly explained with a warm smile. "I hope we get along well since we're related after all."

It was the first time you saw her smile with her teeth since she always looks serious and intimidating. 'Maybe she's just nice to me because she has a favor for me.' When she was supposed to stand up to get some tea, you stood up and enlightened her. "Eula, I heard your conversation with him a while ago. I'm sorry for eavesdropping but I'm not here for any other matters and I refuse to marry that man."

You twitched when Eula suddenly knelt before you with her forehead touching the cold floor. "I know this is a selfish request. Kindly, tell me how may I convince you?"

"Eula, please stand up."

"The clan has been experiencing discrimination for the past few decades although I don't think I could stop the discrimination. We're in dire need of another clan to change the reputation of our clan but I can't squander my life. Even though I can't deny my life isn't easy because of the discrimination I've been encountering, I still value life," said Eula, still on the ground. "I'm a human too. I have emotions. I have a life and I have someone I like so I can't accept the marriage."

Because of what she said, you felt like you were having second thoughts. "Are you sure about your feelings for them? Do you genuinely like them?"

"Do you want to meet her? She's nice and friendly. I'm sure the both of you would get along well easily." Her emotions and mood suddenly changed as she stood up.

When she asked if you wanted to meet her, you simply nodded so she brought you to Good Hunter. You somewhat want to meet and know your soon-to-be sister-in-law, that's why you agreed to this. It didn't take them long to arrive here in Good Hunter. Eula introduced her to you and she introduced you to her back. As soon as you saw Amber, you already felt like she would treat Eula nice. She looks independent and hardworking.

You gave Amber a smile when she sat down beside you at a circular table. She's quite nice and talkative. They both look happy together when they were talking with each other. You felt lonely and jealous because of how happy they are. Your stare with them was disturbed when someone moved a chair from the other table and placed it beside you. "Goodness me, I'm quite late. Did I miss something?"

"Ayato, what are you doing here?" you incredulously asked him.

"Oh, I invited him to dine with us. I hope you don't mind," answered Eula.

'Yes, I do mind, Eula.' After dining in the Good Hunter, Ayato volunteered to pay for the bill as compensation for him being late. Since Amber still doesn't want to go home, Eula suggested a walk with you and Ayato. They were both walking in front of you and Ayato since they were walking a bit fast while they were talking with each other. You observed and noticed how happy and contented they are.

The four of you ended up walking outside the gates of Mondstadt where the dandelions scattered around the area. It was quiet and peaceful so Amber and Eula decided to stay and sit on the grass. Eula invited you to sit closer with them so you didn't hesitate to move closer. Ayato sat beside you so you moved slightly away. When he sat closer, you just noticed he was not wearing his usual Inazuman outfit. A simple white frilly button-down shirt suits him and his figure. "Why are you still here, Ayato? This is the girls' hangout and you're not supposed to-"

Ayato didn't respond, instead, he tucked your hair behind your ear and placed the dandelion flower which made you shut your mouth. When you felt like the surrounding became a bit quiet, you looked at Eula and Amber, looking back at the both of you with a sly smile. "They're making a progress again. He's making a move," whispered Amber as soft as possible but you still heard what she said.

Out of boredom, you took the dandelion beside you and placed it near Ayato's lips. "Close your eyes, make a wish, and blow it." When closed his eyes, he opened his mouth to blow the dandelion but before he could blow it, you shoved the dandelion into his mouth. The fluffy pappus stuck on his tongue so he coughed and gagged which made you chuckle. Amber and Eula looked at you with concern while you were laughing at him, holding his throat for his dear life. You faked your cough and looked at them solemnly. "Sorry, that was... quite childish of me."

"Eula, may I know specifically when Mr. Lawrence would come back here in Mondstadt?" asked Ayato while walking back into the manor. It was getting dark already so you all decided to go home but Eula accompanied Amber to her home first before deciding to go back into the manor with the both of you.

"He would probably arrive here tomorrow morning with Mom," she answered. When the three of you finally arrived back in the manor, Eula gave you a tour in the manor. She, then, stopped in the last and specific room. "Both of you can stay here in the manor in the meantime since my parents are in a different nation for an important meeting."

You smiled at Eula warmly because of her kindness. "Thanks for your hospitality, Eula."

Eula smiled back at you genuinely. Then, she closed the door, leaving both of you in the guest room together alone. "Oops, I accidentally locked the door. Silly me..."

"EULA," you panicked and held the doorknob.

"Wine and a few snacks are in the cupboard in the upper left corner. Sweet dreams, honey. Your sis loves you as much as he loves you."

'I didn't know she had this side. I always see her as a serious and formal woman. Is this what love does to people?' you pondered. As soon as you have a look at the overall guest room, you were overwhelmed because of how wide the area of the guest room is. The ceiling is well decorated with engraved designs and the tapestries add up to the beauty of the room as well.

Everything is complete in this massive room. There is a huge vanity on the side and a small living room beside the master's bed. There is also a door for the comfort room. This guest room seems like a normal house for commoners already. As you looked in Ayato's direction, you saw him checking the vintage papers and calligraphies on the desk. When you felt like you wanted to take a rest, you sat on the bed and feel the fluffiness of the sheets. It was warm and cozy so you can't help but grasp it and smell the scent of it as you close your eyes.

As soon as you opened your eyes, you unexpectedly saw Ayato kneeling in front of you. He held your foot and surprisingly kissed it. "What... are you doing?" you reluctantly asked him.

"Worshipping you...?" he answered in uncertainty. Ayato, then, took out something from his pocket. It was a paper ring with a heart on it which he made a while ago with the vintage paper on the desk.

"Ayato, what kind of childish-"

"Just like what you said back in Inazuma. Let's suffer together... for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." He held your hand gently and slid the paper ring to your bare ring finger. You furrowed your brows and looked away as you bit the insides of your cheeks.

And just like that, you felt like a boundary is slowly collapsing.

End of Chapter 19: Dine in Good Hunter