Chapter 16

As you were running from the weird bard, someone hit the back of your head which made you fall to the ground and you slowly lost consciousness. 'Is this... my karma?' When you opened your eyes, the sound of the waves welcomed you and the cage from where you were in rocks back and forth. It was already morning. As far as you know, you're on a ship in the middle of the sea. Your eyes squinted while looking at the men standing in front of you. While they were talking with each other, you noticed your vision was held by one of them.

When the man who's holding your vision noticed that you were already awake, he knelt down and moved your chin up. At first, you thought that it was Thoma because of his hair but as soon as you adjusted your sight, his face became clearer. "Aw... you poor thing. Stop struggling. It's useless," the ginger said as he looked at your hands in front of you, struggling and chained up with the railings of the cage. "You're the Yashiro Commissioner's lover, right?"

"The fuck do you want? I don't have mora with me right now," you said as you tried to open the cage even though it was impossible.

The cage was small so you can't stand up. He grasped your hair tightly as he asked sternly, "Are you telling me I'm poor?" His serious face turned into a friendly face when his warm smile showed up. "Sorry for doing that. We're not enemies so don't look at me like that. The name's Childe," he introduced himself like he did nothing a while ago, then he offered his hand but you didn't accept it so he awkwardly moved his hands away. "I told you we're not enemies, girlie. I'm just using you so he will finally come to face me. He's such a coward."

He told you a lot more about his unnecessary stories and adventures. That ginger was talkative and friendly to you but it seems like he was hiding something from those warm and reassuring smiles. "He won't come to save me. He's too busy with his work," you explained as you accepted the chips from him. It was quite hard to eat with your hands chained up so he helped you. The both of you talked with each other like he's close with you already.

"We're almost near the shore in the Kamisato estate," said Childe when he stood up to look at the area. As soon as the ship stopped, you saw Ayato standing alone on the shore.

Childe ordered his men to check the areas if there are ninjas spying and hiding. "I'm by myself alone," said Ayato as he looked at you and back at Childe. "Now, what do you want?"

"Oh, come on now! You know what I want. Let's spar," explained Childe. "What? Are you scared that I'm getting better?"

Ayato didn't answer, instead, he gave him an uninterested look so Childe brought you to the edge of the ship to show it to him. "Hey Childe, you're not going to hurt me, are you?" you asked Childe nervously as you held the rails of the cage. "We're friends, right? I swear to god, Childe... don't fuck up my trust issues." Childe didn't bother answering your questions since his attention is only on Ayato, still standing without uttering a single word.

"I'm too busy with that childish sparring of yours-" Ayato was cut off when Childe threw you in the sea without hesitation so Ayato quickly dived in as his men quickly showed up to attack Childe but they immediately got away from the commotion when they couldn't handle the attacks because they were outnumbered. Your cage started sinking deeper because of the heavy railings made of rusty metals. As soon as Ayato successfully opened the cage, he tried to break the chain on your hands connected to the railings of the cage.

When Ayato noticed you were already struggling to breathe, he held the back of your head as both of your mouths met so he could give you oxygen. Then, he quickly swam upwards to get some air but as soon as he came back down to you, he saw your eyes were closed and you were no longer moving nor struggling.

He tried to give you oxygen again but you were already unconscious so he just looked at your face as he cupped your cheeks. His tears blended with the sea as he tried to give you oxygen once more. Ayato moved away to look at your face again, hoping that you would open your eyes again. He quickly took the dagger from his pocket and hit the chains on your wrists but someone held his hands to stop him from hitting the chains on your wrists.

His men started to dive down to help Ayato and to carry you as well as your cage up back to the shore. When he got up from the sea, he panted and gasped for air while tilting his head up with his eyes closed. "What took you guys so long?!" he shouted but his men just looked at him with fear and worries in their eyes. No one dared to answer Ayato but as soon as he stood up, one of his men started to talk nervously.

"We're sincerely apologizing, Sir Kamisato. We had to deal with-"

As soon as the man was supposed to give you a mouth-to-mouth CPR, Ayato pushed him away harshly, then he started to perform the compression and mouth-to-mouth CPR on you. Ayato sighed a relief when you finally gained consciousness. When Ayato noticed your top is soaked and your upper garment visible, he took off his coat and covered it with you. Then, he took his dagger and carefully broke the chains on your wrists.

When the commotion was over, you took a bath to calm yourself. It was exhausting and terrifying. The moment you saw how deep and dark the sea is, you felt like you were going to develop a phobia of it. As soon as you went to the vanity to brush and dry your hair, you realized that the vanity mirror you broke was already replaced. While brushing your hair, Ayato suddenly came into the room. "See? That's what you get for disobeying me!" he started.

"Ayato, please don't shout at me like that," you wearily whispered while looking at him in the reflection of the mirror.

"Is it that hard to follow what I've said?!" He raised his voice as he leaned on the vanity.

"You're acting like my mother. Please, don't shout," you mumbled since you're not in a mood to argue with him. "Thoma said we need to communicate politely-"

"It's always THOMA, THOMA, THOMA! Why do you keep on blabbering his name when I'm here in front of you?!" he stressfully asked as he walked away from you.

"You shouldn't have saved me if you're just going to give me a sermon," you said while trying your best to stay calm and not to raise your voice.

As you stood up and went towards the door, Ayato stood behind the door to block it. "Now, where are you going this time?" he asked seriously.

"Thanks for your hospitality and kindness but it's not nice for a woman to stay in the same estate as their ex, is it?" you responded. "You're future wife might get mad."

"Look... I'm also confused as you about the agreement yesterday with them. Give me time to fix this mess-"

You tried to push him aside as you said, "I don't need your explanations anymore."

"You're not going out by yourself again," he ordered firmly. "That's why you're not on good terms with your mother. That stubbornness of yours is too tough to handle!"

"You're tired of my attitude as well, huh?!"

"INDEED, I AM." Ayato sat down on the chair in front of the vanity table. He sighed while closing his eyes with his hands massaging his temple. "I am so tired of you..."

When you opened the door, you saw Thoma standing in front of you as if he already listened to you and Ayato's conversation. "Please, don't leave again," said Thoma as he held both of your arms. "No one's going to eat the meals I always personally cook. No one's going to proofread your novels anymore, is that what you wanted?" He tried to convince you not to leave but you have already decided to leave the estate.

Ayato heard Thoma talking to you so he went out and looked at him, holding you. "Leave," he sternly said with his bored look.

Before you decided to leave, you raised a middle finger to him and hit his chest with your fist a few times so Thoma held your waist and arm to stop you from hitting him. "Precisely! I will gladly take my leave. Don't tell me what to do, Ayato!" You can't help but raise your voice. "Everything goes according to your plan. Are you happy now?!"

End of Chapter 16: Farewell, Inazuma

A/N: Yaaas enemies to lovers trope again<33 or not...