Chapter 14

"Are you hiding something from me? You're always like this. I can't read this. I can't read those. I can't go outside. I can't do this. I can't do that. Now, what's next? You're not going to let me breathe? Well frankly, I'm getting suffocated with this. You're basically controlling me, Ayato," you ranted as you tried not to raise your voice. He brushed his hair back stressfully with his hand while still reading the letter.

Ayato stood up and sighed. "I'M NOT CONTROLLING YOU. That's just all in your mind!"

Your brows furrowed more as you flinched when the room filled with his voice. "Why are you so mad? It's just a dinner with a Lawrence family and besides, I want to know them too. I know one of their members which, as far as I know, is named... Eula. I didn't have a chance to talk to her when she was in the tavern one time. She looks unapproachable yet friendly when you get a chance to talk to her-"

"YOU ARE NOT GOING WITH ME. How many times do I have to tell you that?!" he shouted as he thumped his hand hard on his desk. Ayato tried to calm himself and sat down back again on his chair. "Why did you even read that letter in the first place?! I've already told you not to read my things! YOU NEVER LISTENED TO ME." When he shouted those, you looked at him with confusion and anger in your eyes.

"I NEVER LISTENED TO YOU?! I isolated myself and followed your orders! I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TRAVELING, AYATO," you shouted back.

When Ayato was supposed to say something more, the door suddenly opened and Thoma came in with his brows furrowed. "I'm sorry but are you guys fighting?" asked Thoma.

"Uh Thoma, we're just uh- playing around," you reasoned and looked back at Ayato. He hesitantly nodded and agreed at what you've said but Thoma still doesn't look convinced at all so he pulled the both of you and pushed inside the closet beside. It was tight and dark inside. You banged the closet door but Thoma still didn't open it. "Thoma, this is so childish! Open this closet door," you ordered him.

"Both of you are like cats and dogs. Now, stay inside this closet and apologize to each other. No one will go out until the two of you apologize and forgive each other," said Thoma.

There was silence for a minute but Ayato broke it after sighing. "I am... sincerely apologizing for my unpleasant behavior earlier. I know I shouldn't have raised my voice," he started but you just looked at him uninterestedly. Ayato glared back at you and waited for you to speak. "What are you looking at? Say it back," he whispered as softly as possible but Thoma still heard it so he slightly banged the closet door, then you banged the closet door back at him.

"What am I sorry for?" you innocently asked but no one answered so you sighed and apologized, anyway. "I'm sorry," you simply said. Thoma still didn't open the closet door since he felt like the way you apologized was not genuinely. 'Is my apology too short? Should I say a whole ass speech?' you asked in your thoughts. "If I would be reincarnated as a man, I will be gay for you and I will still love you... but of course you're going to be the bottom one in the relationship-"

"Know your place," he cuts you off.

"Hm... sounds like what a bottom would probably say," you responded. No one dared to talk. It was pure silence so you faked your cough to cut the lingering silence. "Sorry. I just want to go with you to Mondstadt. May I know why it is a big deal to you?" you asked calmly and as politely as possible. "Are you still mad at me?" You didn't get a response so you lost your patience. "You don't even have a proof if I really did that."

Ayato crossed his arms on his chest. "I do have. Do you want me to call her? Though she was too nice not to spill out who that man is. Care to tell me who he is?" Silence roamed in the room again. "Why? You're suddenly tongue-tied now, Sweetheart..." Still no response. "Well then, let me loosen them up for you if you don't mind," he said before both of your lips meet together.

After he kissed you, Thoma finally opened the closet door and greeted the both of you with a smile as he clapped his hands like a child. "It seems like both of you are on good terms now," he happily stated.

You looked at Thoma and gave him an awkward smile. Ayato scratched the back of his head and went back to his work like nothing happened. When both you and Thoma went out of Ayato's office, you held the back of Thoma's shirt and asked, "What was that for? If you're feeling guilty about what happened that time, it's not your fault. We both know it's just an accident. I'm sorry for being so careless."

"I just don't want to be the reason for someone's break up. If the both of you encounter something like this again soon, please communicate calmly with each other," he gave advice so you nodded before going back to Ayato's office.

The door was harshly opened wide when you went in. Ayato twitched and looked up at you with confusion in his eyes. "Who is she, Ayato?" you asked but he just raised his brow. "The person who saw me... with someone. Why do you pry on my life? I don't even have privacy now. Why are you doing this?"

"I've already personally designed a casual dress for you for our dinner in Mondstadt soon with the Lawrence family. Should we get it together later?"

Your mood quickly changes as you sit closer to him interestedly. "Really?! Oh! Would you like some tea? Do you want me to massage your hands or shoulder?" The love language of yours suddenly showed up.

"It's fine. Go get your beauty rest this afternoon so you can grow taller," teased Ayato with a reassuring smile.

Everything went by so quick. The night for dinner has finally come and you've already received the casual dress. It was plain and simple yet pretty. You put on the beige long skirt which is below the knee and the white off shoulders top with long puffy sleeves, although you can't reach for the zipper at the back so you called Ayato for help. "AYATO," you called his name as you opened the door of the restroom. "Can you help me with this?" you asked as soon as you saw him on the couch struggling to flip the newspaper so he took off his gloves.

When Ayato laid his eyes on you, he was frozen for a minute as if time stopped. "Everything suits you," he mumbled and stood up to help you with it so you turned your back. He held your bare shoulder and zipped it down slowly as he caressed your shoulder with his thumb. Your brows furrowed when you felt like the top loosened.

"Ayato, what on earth are you doing? Zip it up. Not down."

"Oh, goodness me... my apologies," he reasoned as he faked his cough.

When you looked at his outfit, you noticed that he was too formal while yours is just casual and simple. "We don't seem to match," you said as you looked closer at his modern white coat and pants with light blue accents. "What time are we supposed to be there? It's not mentioned in the letter. We might be already late."

"The sun is still up. It's impossible for us to be late," he explained as he reached for the corset and put it on you. Ayato took the concealer from the vanity and covered the marks on your neck.

As soon as both of you were done preparing, you went to Ritou with him and hopped on the private ship. This is your favorite part of traveling, where you can feel the winds and see the tall waves trying to reach up high as you look up to the clouds. While your eyes were closed as you admired the feeling of the cold breeze touching your skin, you felt someone hug your waist tightly and dug his face on your shoulders.

His soft hair tickles your neck as it flows along with the wind. You feel like you wanted to cry of how perfect this is. You've always wanted to travel with him like this. It felt so unreal. It feels like a dream you never want to end. As you caressed his head, you turned around and held his face with your palm. You closed the gap between the two of you when you kissed him directly on his lips. This was the first time you initiated the kiss with him.

It feels like all your problems and worries faded along with the end. You wished for an unproblematic life like this forever. "I love you," you whispered genuinely.

"I will kill anyone who dares to touch you."

End of Chapter 14: Minor Arguments