Chapter 7

So, you found out that Xingqiu went all the way here in Mondstadt so he could talk to Albedo about his book cover since he's going to self-publish his story. The conversation between the three of you ended quickly since you kept dragging Ayato away from him. You're also clouded with thoughts and conclusions because of what he said earlier so you are planning to talk to him after arriving back in the estate.

Since your trip back to Inazuma was sudden, you didn't get a chance to write a resignation letter to Diluc. After a few hours has passed, the ship successfully landed on the shore. Both of you ate lunch in Ritou before going to the estate. After eating lunch and as you and Ayato walk in the deep Chinju forest, you saw someone a tall person who is a bit familiar but you don't know his name because you've never had an interaction with him before.

"Damn bro, another hoe of yours?" said the man with white long hair. "I've been waiting for you here for hours."

Ayato quickly turned his gaze on him since he didn't notice him earlier. "Itto, I already told you I have some important matters to attend to so we can't meet today. And also she's not a hoe. Show some respect, will you?" whispered Ayato to him but you still heard what he said. He looked at you and say, "Sorry, he's just joking. Don't take it seriously. I promise I never had a hoe in my entire life. You're an exception though."

Since you were annoyed, you kicked the back of his knees which caused him to kneel on the ground. His white pants were stained because of what you did. "Don't act like we're on good terms. I came here just to see Thoma," you responded. As soon as you arrived at the estate and opened the door, you didn't expect Thoma to be right in front of you now. You saw him holding the doorknob with a laundry basket on his left arm.   

Thoma dropped the laundry basket and went to you to hug you tight. He buried his head on your neck and was mumbling words. "I'm really sorry. Please stay. I'll do anything. I will make it up to you, I promise," said Thoma. He looked up to your face with his teary and concerned eyes. His gaze turned on your neck which you quickly hide as your eyes widened. You forgot to hide the hickeys Ayato unintentionally gave to you. Thoma coughed and look at Ayato entering the estate. "Welcome, my Lord," he greeted.

"Hey, Thoma, it's not what you think," you whispered while helping him put the clothes back in the laundry basket that he dropped a while ago. "I would never do that. It was an accident... I fell."

"You fell? And accidentally hit... your neck? I doubt it. You don't have to make up excuses. It's fine. Don't be embarrassed and stop acting like a child," whispered Thoma back to you as he winked before getting up. "You're already grown up for that but just don't forget to use protection."

"THOMA."

You ended up helping him do the chores and spent the whole day with him. "What do you want for lunch? I'll treat you," said Thoma while both of you were sitting on the stairs outside the estate, enjoying the cold breeze of the wind. It was tiring yet you didn't feel exhausted since you were with him anyway. You miss this moment. You miss his voice, his smile, his laugh. You missed him.

"Oh, I'm afraid I can't have lunch with you today. I have something important to do," you responded while thinking about what happened earlier with Ayato's and Xingqiu's conversation.  

After parting ways with Thoma, you went to Ayato's office since he's not in the study room right now. You opened the door without knocking and leaned both of your hands harshly on his table.  "What the fuck is going on? Am I missing something? How do you know him? Have you guys met before? How do you that he's my stepbrother? And what the fuck do you mean by brother-in-law?" you asked continuously. "How much do you know?"

Ayato didn't even flinch and he looked unbothered. He finished reading the last paragraph before putting it down on the table. "Sit," he said as he gestured to the vacant chair on your side but you didn't follow him. "What do you expect? Of course, I'm the head of the Kamisato Clan so I'm aware and updated on what's happening around Teyvat. I know every detail, especially those in well-known clans and guilds. I know everything. I know you even how hard you tried to hide your identity. That's why I asked for your name when we first met since you looked familiar. I've seen you in news about the head of Feiyun Commerce Guild having an engagement with your mom."

You finally sat on the chair slowly while staring out of nowhere since you were busy making up conclusions in your head and comprehending what he said.

"And yes, the arranged marriage has been planned since a few years ago," said Ayato that made you look to him with your concerned eyes.

"Oh... I'll just pretend that I didn't hear that," you said as you quickly got up but he also stood up and block your way.

"Where are you going this time?"

"I'm going to leave Teyvat with Thoma," you responded, not certain if you're serious or not.

He was blocking your way so you tried to pass on his side but he blocked your way again. You kicked his shoes but he showed no pain and he didn't even wince so you tried to stomp on his shoes. Ayato grabbed your ankle to stop you from stomping on his feet and he looked untroubled. Since he was still holding your ankle, you lost your balance and unintentionally sat on the chair where you were sitting a while ago. "THOMA!" you shouted to call for help. 

Ayato leaned on the ears and whispered, "How disrespectful. Calling other people's names while I'm right in front of you."

'Dang it, his formal self is back,' you panicked in your thoughts. Suddenly, someone opened the slammed the door without knocking. "You called me...? Oh... sorry for interrupting. I thought I heard my name. P-please continue. I saw nothing," said Thoma trying to avoid contact with the both of you. Thoma must've misunderstood the situation since Ayato is holding your ankle while he's leaning near to your neck. 

The silence was so loud that you can't even hear your thoughts. Ayato stands straight and lets out a heavy sigh before going back to his chair awkwardly. "Stop acting like you are embarrassed. It's not like your first time doing this to me," you said as you sat properly while tidying up your clothes. "I'm sure you still can't remember what you did that time when you were drunk. Do you want me to explain it in detail?" 

"Stop blackmailing me again, oh my god!" he emphasized while brushing off his hair with his hands out of frustration. "What do you want now?"

"Decline the offer," you said straightly right after he asked the question. Ayato looked at you for a few seconds, then he looked away. He looks like he doesn't have a plan to decline the arranged marriage so you started to speak. "You pinned me on the door, gave me these what you called bruises on my neck while your hands started to rise up in my skirt. You also said that you wanted me to beg for you to stop and fuck me 'til I-"

"I would never say that," he cut you off, not wanting to hear the next words. "I don't curse."

"Trynna gaslight me now, huh?"

Ayato massaged both of his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Okay, I really don't remember anything. I beg for your forgiveness."

"That's not what I want."

"IT'S AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE," his voice rises. "I can't do anything about it. That's why it's called arranged for some reasons."

He saw you looking at him like you're not yet convinced. You stood up but he grabbed your wrists with both of his hands while placing them on his forehead.

"I love you even if we're not in an arranged marriage," whispered Ayato. "I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU. CAN'T YOU SEE?"

"You already know I have someone I like," you said then you sighed.

"Please let me court you. Give me a chance."