Chapter 11

Before turning the lights off, you noticed a scar on his right hand so you panicked and tried to find Thoma but you're having second thoughts since you don't want to wake him up. You went closer again to check his palm where he got the scar. The wound looks painful, deep, and fresh. You tried to find bandages in the drawer. As slowly and gently as possible, you uncurled his relaxed fingers to put the bandaid on his palm but the scar suddenly faded when your hand had contact directly with his wound before you put the bandaid on.

Your vision suddenly dimmed and faded as well and you felt a bit tired so you let yourself take a rest. You just woke up because of a sudden noise outside. It was still dark but the sun would rise in a few hours. The fireworks light up the tranquil city. Ayato seemed bothered, walking back and forth while looking at the tracker. Before he opened the door, you quickly got up to stop him. "You told me we're going to talk this morning," you reminded him. "Is there a festival today? What's with the sudden fireworks outside?"

"Perhaps, they're just trying the new fireworks. Don't go outside in the meantime, okay?" he answered, pretending he didn't hear your first statement. You didn't let go of him, waiting for him to talk and enlighten you about what's currently happening. "I'm going to explain it later. I will make time for you. I hope you understand," he reasoned before going out. The day went by so fast that you didn't even notice since you distracted yourself by reading and writing.

Eventually, midnight came as well as the cold breeze entering through the window, dancing with the curtains. Ayato has decided to come home wearily. You stood up and greeted him, expecting him to explain and say something that will feed your curiosity but instead, you got, "I'm sorry. I'm too tired at the moment."

"Let's talk tomorrow morning, okay? I will look forward to it. Can you promise me that? Ayato?"

"What do you crave for? Do you want jewelry from Fontaine? May I know what you desire, Sweetheart? Hm?" he asked wearily.

"Desire...?" You tried to think about what you really wanted. "You. Your presence, time, and also your attention."

"I will cancel tomorrow's meeting all day. How does that sound?"

You nodded and hugged him tightly as you mumbled, "I love you."

"Anything for you," said Ayato and he kissed your forehead, then he stood up to look outside the window. "It's quite chilly, isn't it?" He locked the windows and closed the curtains. He also locked the door and sat on the bed. "Can you give me a good night kiss?"

You got up to sit beside him and give him a kiss on his forehead. Before you lay back down, he held your arm and kissed you on your lips slowly and passionately. His hand traveled on your back under your shirt, then he unhooked your upper garment which made you flinch and push him away. "I'm sorry. I'm not... I don't want to do that. I'm not really into this, sorry," you reasoned.

He sighed and lay his back on the bed. "Sincerely sorry for my sudden actions. I understand you're still not ready since we're not engaged nor married yet."

"I feel like... having a child is a huge responsibility. We can rather have a cat or dog, instead," you suggested while struggling to hook your bra. Silence lingered in the room so you regretted what you had said earlier. "Sorry, that was a stupid idea."

Ayato got up and helped you with it. "No, I would love to have a dog."

"You know, it's not even right to sleep with you since we're not yet married," you said out of the blue as you lay on the bed.

"Then, go sleep in the guest room," said Ayato sternly while digging his head into the pillow. You looked at him, facing away from you. At first, you hesitated about whether you should follow him but in the end, you voluntarily got up and waited for him to turn around but it seems like he didn't care so you walked into the guest room.

When you lay your back down on the bed, the door of the guest room suddenly opened and Ayato lay beside you, then he hugged your waist. "Why are you here?" you asked.

"Once things get back to normal, the engagement ceremony of ours will be held in front of the big crowd,' he said with awe in his eyes as he gestured his hand in the air, pretending he didn't hear what you had asked.

"Didn't you say you don't usually like to be in public?"

"Of course! I want to inform the whole Teyvat that we're getting married," he responded. "And besides! This is an engagement between two known clans so it's also required to have the ceremony in public. Too bad, I can't surprise you."

All of your worries suddenly faded into thin air as fast as the wind blew when he said those. It was a peaceful and cozy night with him in his arms. As soon as morning came, you slowly opened and squinted your eyes, then the first thing you saw was Ayato quietly looking and admiring your face. A smile draws on your face as you try to hide your burning red face with a pillow. "Good morning. Don't hide your pretty face," he greeted with a warm smile on his face while trying to get off the pillow on your face.

In the end, you surrendered and covered his face with the pillow, instead. "Is it really fine for you to cancel your appointment all day?" you asked as you got up to stretch. "Why does it seem like you have an important meeting every day? That's tiring."

"Do you want tea early this morning?" he asked. Even though you're not yet in a mood for it, you accepted his offer because you just wanted to spend the whole day sticking to him. When both of you sat down facing each other, he became talkative and started talking about something you couldn't understand and comprehend. It went to the point where he started teaching you about the basic etiquette of drinking tea. "Don't slouch and chin up. Hold your tea like this... When the tea or meal is hot, don't blow it. Wait for it to cool down or stir it with your spoon like this. Hey! I can see you slouching."

"Oh, my bad," you apologized and tried to drink the tea elegantly, as you wondered what kind of date or hang-out this is. But anyhow, you enjoyed simply being with him.

Ayato sat beside you to straighten your back and relax your stiff shoulders. He lifted up your chin with his finger and said, "Don't move your mouth towards the food, instead move the spoon towards your mouth." After drinking the tea and eating a light breakfast meal that Thoma cooked, he told you to wait in the room for a minute so you sat on the bed and waited for him. He came back with Ayaka's high heels in different heights. "May I have your permission?" asked Ayato before touching your ankle.

You nodded and bit the insides of your cheeks to stop yourself from smiling because of his chivalry. He became gentle and sensitive with you because of what happened last night. When he finished putting on the heels on you, he offered his hand so you accepted it warmly. As soon as you stood up, you didn't let go of his hands and looked at him with excitement in your eyes but your smile faded when he put a few books on top of your head since you expected him to teach you how to dance. "Are you going to use me for an entry in a contest?" you asked irritatedly. "Why do I have to do this?"

"I don't want to see you stumbling in a white dress while walking in the aisle," he responded, then you slightly kicked his leg when he said that. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"Nothing, I was just flirting back."

He sighed and adjusted the few books on your head. "Kicking me is your way of flirting now? You sadistic woman..." When you got tired of walking back and forth and he got tired of giving you a sermon with every mistake you made, he rested and sat next to the vanity mirror. You also rested and sat on the bed but before you could take off the heels, he asked for your permission to help you take them off.

"I suppose it's time for me to teach you something," you suggested, then you saw him looking at you with curiosity. "I will teach you how to rest!" When you said that, his brows furrowed since he expected you to teach him something productive. After eating a heavy lunch, you excitedly pull him into the room. "My parents will always force me to sleep after lunch, believing I could grow taller but it didn't work. They blamed it on me saying I was faking my nap but I didn't! I even tried my best to force myself to sleep by creating scenes in my head," you ranted while putting on clips on his hair so you could do the skincare routine on him as he just listens to your rants.

End of Chapter 11: A Date with the Yashiro Commissioner

A/N: Jealous ayato in the next chapter yaaaaaz enough with the fluff scenes. It's time for spices.