Epilogue - II

A/N: This is also rushed. I apologize! But anyway, new ayatoe x reader fic again!! It will be posted tomorrow or the next day. It revolves around reincarnation and some shi. I'm in my ayatoe phase this year so please bear with me.

His Point of View

It was a fine and usual day. My schedule wasn't hectic today so Itto invited me to have a beetle fight with me. I simply agreed and proceeded to find a beetle in the woods but unfortunately... I bumped into someone.  "I really am sorry for my stubbornness," I apologized and bowed a few times as I tried to find my handkerchief in my sleeves. She told me that it was fine and he gave me a quick and reassuring smile but she still seems mad and upset because of what happened earlier. Some parts of her skin was showing because of her soaked dress. How I wish I could help her but she insisted.

When I took a closer look at her face, I realized that she was quite familiar to me. As soon as I remembered her identity, I realized that she was the only daughter of the Feiyun Commerce Guild since her mother married Xingqiu's father. 'What a small world, indeed.' I've already met Xingqiu and her parents once because of the plan for arranged marriage. 'Does she knows about that?' I tried to make sure if it was her so I asked her name, "M-may I know your name... at least?"

"I don't give my personal information to someone I just met," she responded without looking back at me.

My eyes widened when she seriously said those. A smile draws on my face as I furrowed my eyebrows. 'Feisty, huh? I like feisty women...' After having a quick beetle fight with Itto, I came back to the estate as if nothing happened. To my surprise, Furuta told me that there was a new servant so I agreed to meet them. When they entered my office, I looked up at them and saw that familiar face again.

"Speak," I simply said. It seems like she was embarrassed because of our first encounter in Chinju forest earlier. She kept on stuttering so I tried to tease her a little bit after a short silence, she talked back at me. 'How disrespectful...' I pondered to myself. "Apologize," I said seriously as I leaned on his table while my arms are folding on my chest. She indeed apologize but she cussed and it was not genuine.

"LANGUAGE," I shouted.

She looked at me with a stoic expression and whispered, "...motherfucker-"

"ALRIGHT, that's it. Get out," I said as I stood properly, turned my back to her, and sat back on my chair. As soon as I sat on my chair, I looked at her, still standing there. "GET. OUT." She marched towards the door. Then, I intertwined my hands and covered half of my face as I leaned my elbows on my table. I felt like my face was getting red because of how brave she is to say those words. No one has ever treated me that way. 'Goodness gracious... why am I flustered?'

When she was finally humbled, I accepted her as a servant here on the estate. Then, I gave my first command to her which is to give this box of books to my sister, Ayaka. When she accepted that, I suddenly forgot something to put in the box so I tried to follow her. Unfortunately, she saw Thoma and Ayaka so close together. 'Is she jealous of Thoma or Ayaka?' I felt like she was quite jealous since she got no one to kiss so I just impulsively kissed her. 'How stupid of me...'

"Why did you do that?" she asked me after. We were in the Chinju forest currently to get some fresh air.

"Tonikaku anata to kekkon suru tsumoridesu," I told her since I'm going to marry her anyway.

In a span of a few months, a lot had happened. I confessed my love to her but it seems like she's still confused about her feelings so I didn't force her and gave her time to think about it. As soon as she finally said that she loves me, I felt the euphoria rushing in me. It was the best day of my life. It feels unreal! It felt like I was drugged by her beauty. Her presence makes me high. She lightens and completes up my day.

Everything was fine but it all ended when I suddenly had a nightmare about losing her so I tried my best to be extra attentive to my surroundings. I became hectic and more workaholic that I didn't even notice she was getting worried about me.

Then, the scariest nightmare I had never wanted to be real had happened. Nervousness and anger took me so I wasn't aware of what I'm saying. The fire of our argument was getting strong when she started to shout. I shouldn't have shouted. I shouldn't have opened up about how her mother treats her. I have so many regrets.

"You're not going out by yourself again," I ordered firmly. "That's why you're not on good terms with your mother. That stubbornness of yours is too tough to handle!"

"You're tired of my attitude as well, huh?!"

"INDEED, I AM," I honestly said. "I am so tired of you...yet you're still my rest. I feel safe and relaxed when I'm with you. You smell like home." It was a whisper so I didn't know if she heard it but as soon as I looked up, she was already gone.

I heard Thoma talking to someone so I went out of my room, then I saw him holding both of her shoulders. It stings me how he held and comfort her. "Leave," I said while looking at how Thoma held her but I was shocked when she suddenly said that she will indeed be going to leave. 'It was not for you, idiot. I was talking to Thoma.' When she walked away, it seems like it was too late to apologize and explain since she was not going to listen to me, anyway.

There's a part of me that wants to desperately stop her from walking away from me but there's also a part of me that wants to give her space. Maybe, she's right. I've been controlling her life since we got together. Perhaps, I'm the problem...I'm the one who's stopping her from getting a chance to enjoy the world. I was just too worried for her since she might have an accident along her journey but that's a part of an adventure anyway.

After a few months, I finally saw her again. I was caught off guard when she took my gloves away from my hands. "Is... there a problem?" I asked her.

"I don't like you marrying someone else, Ayato. Let's be single together forever. I don't want you to be happy with someone. Suffer with me."

When she said that, it gave me inspiration and motivation to pursue my love for her again. 'I don't like you marrying someone else, Ayato. I don't want you to be happy with someone. Suffer with me.' Those are the only statements that echoed in my mind. I disregarded her second statement and pretended that I didn't understand that.

As soon as she came to Mondstadt and followed the address I gave to her, I felt relieved. Good thing Eula helped me to be close to her again since she also wants me to marry her. It was a win-win situation for the both of us since she refused to marry me because she also has someone she likes. When we sat on the fields of dandelions, I sat beside her and adored how the dandelions surrounding her suited her. "Why are you still here, Ayato? This is the girls' hangout and you're not supposed to-"

I cutted her off as I tucked her hair behind her ear and I placed the dandelion near her ear. It suits her so much. I can look and admire her beauty without getting tired. When we came back to the manor, Eula suddenly locked the door of the guest room. I guess it was part of her plan. "Oops, I accidentally locked the door. Silly me..." reasoned Eula.

She was dazed when she saw me kneeling in front of her, "Ayato, what kind of childish-"

"Just like what you said back in Inazuma. Let's suffer together... for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."

Because of that night she opened up to me, everything changed. I started courting her again until I got her sweet 'yes' soon. Then, that day finally came. I can now say I love her again.

"Ai shiteru..."