Chapter 10

Your sight was still blurry and everything was echoing so you can't hear clearly what he was saying. You were supposed to reach out for the bottle of alcohol but he stopped you and gave you the bottle of water instead. Your eyebrows furrowed and you closed your eyes firmly because you were stressed since you wanted the alcohol instead of the bottle of water so you let your head lay on his chest.

It was beating loudly. You can hear it clearly. A smile on your face rises as you heard how fast his heartbeats are. "I knew you've always loved me. I love you," you whispered while your eyes were closed as you listens to his heart beating. His hands were trembling as he tried to brush your hair with his hand.

"I... love you too," responded Ayato hesitantly, knowing that you wanted to tell that to Thoma instead of him. "It was my first time hearing you say you love me. How I wish you were sober."

Everything was unclear after he said that. You didn't know what happened that night but you can still remember what exactly happened in Liyue yesterday. As you got up, everything started to spin, and your ears were ringing so you grasped your head and massaged it firmly. It didn't help so you took the water that is half empty in the corner. Your attention caught the bottles of alcohol lying on the floor. You didn't know that you drank this much.

You did your best to get up and walk to the restroom. After rinsing your face, you leaned both of your hands on the sink and looked at your face. Your eyes were red as well as your cheeks. You held your cheek where your mother hit you. As soon as your palm touched your cheek, the scene flashed in your mind which made you feel dizzier. Your stomach suddenly growled so you tried your best to walk to the kitchen. The manor was spacious so it took you minutes before arriving at the kitchen. Your knees met the cold floor after opening the fridge. "Morning!" greeted Thoma suddenly which made you flinch. "Are you alright? Why is your face looks red?"

"Aren't you with me yesterday?" you asked, wondering why he still needs to ask that question.

"Hm? I-"

"THOMA," called Ayato suddenly, not wanting you to know that he was with you last night instead of him. "A-ahem, sorry. I was wondering if you could do the laundry today."

Thoma confusedly agreed even though he just did the laundry the other day so you and Ayato were left in the kitchen. You slowly sat down on the chair while catching a glance at him. He, then, sat down on the chair beside you. You started to wonder why he was still here.

'Does he perhaps have something important to tell to me?' you wondered. Your hands were trembling while eating as you tried to look at him in your peripheral vision. Ayato was just looking straight on the blank wall in front. After a while, he let out a heavy breath and looked down. He held your hand gently so you looked at him cluelessly. Ayato finally faced you and held your hand with both of his hands firmly. "Can I... give you something?" he asked as he looked down.

You hesitantly nodded so the chair creaked as soon as he stood up. Ayato stood behind you and placed the dazzling necklace on your neck. The necklace was cold and thin. It feels like you're not even wearing it. You take a look at the necklace closely and realized that inside the vayuda gemstone is an emerald so you stand up and faced him. "Isn't this expensive?" you asked while holding the necklace. "I'm sorry but I don't think I can accept-"

His trembling hands met yours. "You've been locked in your home for a few years. I understand what you feel so I want to give you the freedom that you've always wanted," he said as his soft lips met the back of your hand. "I love you so I'm letting you go now, my Precious..."

His cold tears crawled down on his cheeks and fell on your shivering hands. "Why did you suddenly change your mind?" you asked him.

Ayato ignored your question and gave you a comforting embrace as his lips touches your forehead. "You're always welcome to come back to me," he whispered.

He let go of you so you looked at his eyes confusedly. Ayato wiped off his tears as he looked down, then he finally turn and walked away. You were left dumbfounded while packing your things in your room. As soon as you finished packing and preparing, you looked up at the ceiling and smiled but your smile faded when you felt the tears crawling down on your cheeks. You were confused why you teared up so you immediately wiped it off.

Since Ayato wanted to go with you until Ritou for the last time, you agreed so now, you're walking with him in Chinju Forest. "Where are you planning to go?" he asked curiously. You were surrounded by your own thoughts so you didn't hear what he said. Ayato tapped your shoulders slightly which made you jolt from shock.

"I'm sorry. Come again?" you asked.

"May I know what's troubling you?" he asked back.

You also don't know what's troubling you so you didn't bother to answer him. As soon as you stepped on Ritou, you stopped and held the handle of your luggage firmly. You looked at him so he looked at you back and gave you a smile. As soon as you stepped on the wooden plank near the shore, the waves almost touch your shoes

As you looked back, you saw him walking away already. He didn't even wait for you and watch you hop on the ship like he did last time. You didn't know what went up in your mind but you saw yourself running back to him. Ayato looked back when he heard you gasping for air. "C-can you at least give me more time to decide?" you uncertainly asked while you're on your knees begging before him.

Ayato was startled when he saw you kneel down before him so he held both of your shoulders to lift you up. "Why are you kneeling?!" he asked with annoyance in his voice as he shook the dust away from your knees.

You held his hand and sat down to equalize your height with him. "I don't want to go," you whispered as your forehead met your knees to hide your face from embarrassment. At first, you thought that Ayato will just walk away and leave you but you suddenly felt his warm arms embracing you while caressing the back of your hair. "I know that your sudden change of mind was because of what happened last night. May I know what exactly did I do?" you asked.

"You don't have to know. Just know that I still love you," he answered while still holding you.

"I love-"

"No, you don't have to say it back. I want you to say it when you really mean it," said Ayato.

"I... I'm sorry," you responded as you looked down. "I just want you to know that I can still feel the freedom to express myself when I'm with you."

A sudden bright turquoise light shines on your necklace. You look closely at it and saw a familiar symbol that was not there when he gave it to you. Your eyebrow lifted while looking at it. You looked at Ayato and he was shocked as you. 'An anemo vision?' you asked in your thoughts.

A/N: Don't worry, guys!! Thoma ain't gonna die just because his friend got anemo vision :D

So no one's gonna tell me Ayatoe's shoes were black...? Istg I saw his white shoes from the leaked video of his burst showcase.