Chapter 1

"Come to think of it, it's not even his fault why I fell," you whispered to yourself as you reminisced what happened earlier while walking back to the estate. "Perhaps, I was a bit rude."

Fortunately, you came back to the Kamisato Estate safely without getting lost because you just followed the trails. You were currently inside your temporary room, looking at the mirror while brushing your hair. 'Thoma probably likes it long, huh?' you thought while brushing your hair through the ends. You tried to tie it in a high ponytail like how Lady Ayaka ties her hair but it doesn't suit you.

A minute has passed, Thoma knocked on your door twice and he opened the door. You flinched and you immediately untied your hair and let it down. It seems like he is in a hurry and he has something to say because he immediately opened the door. He said that the current head of the Kamisato Clan has already arrived and he wanted to meet you. Of course, you made yourself presentable so you tied your hair in a low bun like how you tied your hair back then, leaving a few strands of hair hanging.

Thoma and Furuta assisted you to the second floor where the office of the head of Kamisato Clan is located. You and Thoma stopped in front of the door first so Furuta, the butler, will inform him that you are already waiting outside of his office. After a few minutes, Furuta went out of his office to call you.

"Aren't you going to come with me?" you asked Thoma as you noticed that he didn't follow you to come inside.

"My Lord, only asked for you to meet him since you're the new maid and I've already met him anyway," he responded.

You had no choice so you gulped before entering the office. Furuta came with you to open the door and to assist you. As soon as Furuta opened the door, the huge tapestry on the walls caught your attention at first. You were expecting the head of the Kamisato Clan to be an old man which is old enough to be Ayaka's father. As soon as your eyes lay on the elegant young man, your eyes locked into his eyes that you didn't even notice Furuta bowing before him so you followed Furuta and bowed too.

Furuta bowed for you too and she gave you a quick smile before going out. You were supposed to say something to her but it was a bit too late so she quickly went out and closed the door so you had no choice but to face him in his direction. It was a mere coincidence that the head of the Kamisato Clan was the one you met in Chinju Forest a few moments ago.

"Speak," he started.

"Uh r-right, I... my n-name-," you stuttered. 'Shit, why am I stuttering?'

"Uh- I- I-" he copied you as he stood up, walked closely in your direction. He squinted his eye and said, "Is that how you talk before thee?"

'How humiliating...' you thought as you looked down, avoiding having eye contact with him. It feels like he was not the one who you met a few moments ago and you felt like he is a different person. 'Is it because Furuta and Thoma are listening outside so he needs to act tough and strict? Or perhaps, he is acting like this because I was rude to him when we first met?' you asked in your thoughts. 'Damn... Thoma must've heard that I stuttered a while ago. He even humiliated me. I cannot let this pass.'

As you gathered back your strength and confidence, you sighed as you looked upon him in his eyes and chuckled to let off the awkward silence. "Alright," you started. "I won't turn a blind eye anymore. Drop the act. You don't have to pretend as nothing happened a while ago like I didn't step on your ego."

"Are you done?" he asked uninterestedly.

'Absurd...Just because he knew that my status is lower than him now, he acted like he has the privilege to talk like that. He doesn't know that he's talking to the first daughter of the Feiyun Commerce Guild.' you sighed.

"Apologize," he said seriously as he leaned on his table while his arms are folding on his chest.

"I'm fucking sorry."

"LANGUAGE."

"...motherfucker-" you whispered.

"ALRIGHT, that's it. Get out," he said as he stood properly, turned his back to you, and sat on his chair. As soon as he sat on his chair, he looked at you, still standing there. "GET. OUT."

Before you held the knob of the door, Thoma already opened the door. He went immediately went inside and bowed down on his knees to apologize for what you have done. 'Shit... maybe I took it a little too far. It's his fault anyway. He started it and it's also unnecessary to make fun of my stutters' you thought. In the end, both you and Thoma went outside to talk about the matter earlier. He was disappointed in you so you felt bad because he has never been disappointed in you like this before. Now, he is thinking about how to convince the head of Kamisato Clan to let you work here in the meantime. You said that you refused to work here because you already made a bad impression and you also said that you are just going to find a new job. "Ha...I don't think I'll let you go out to find a new job on your own," responded Thoma. "You can't even handle this simple task. I bet, you will come back here begging for My Lord to accept you soon so you shouldn't let this opportunity pass."

'Is he underestimating me? Ha... this is normal. I shouldn't take his words seriously. I'm used to this. I've always been a disappointment to Mom, anyway. She was never proud of me. She doesn't even want to talk about me to her colleagues just because I don't have a vision and there's nothing to brag about me. This is normal... This is normal... I shouldn't cry. I don't want him to see me crying.' you said in your thoughts, trying to hold back your tears so you bite the insides of your cheeks.

While both of you are walking outside the Kamisato Estate to get some fresh air, Thoma realized that you became quiet so he looked at you with your nose and cheeks turning red while you're still biting the inside of your cheeks. You looked at him with your furrowed eyebrows, hoping that you look mad instead of looking like a failure since you don't want him to see this side of yours. It was getting fine not until he asked you a question which made your tears fall down continuously.

"Are you okay?"

"How can you say that after looking down on me? Are you stupid? What the fuck do you think, Thoma?" you asked firmly as you stopped to face him.

"I'm just asking nicely," he responded cluelessly. "Why are you so mad? Stop letting your anger on me just because he humiliated you."

Your furrowed eyebrows relaxed as soon as you heard what he said. You never saw this side of him. You never wanted him to be mad and disappointed in you.

"And now, you're crying," said Thoma. "You made this. You did this. You embarrassed yourself. I am so disappointed in you. No wonder you never had a successful journey."

The last words you heard from him before he left you alone while you're standing there, looking down as your eyes became blurry because of your tears blocking your eyes.

A/N: Thoma, this isn't you :(( lmao