Chapter 15

As soon as the both of you stepped into Mondstadt, the sun was already setting. You followed Ayato to the venue and sat there as you waited for the Lawrence family. Since they seem like they're a bit late, he ordered a light meal and so do you. After the both of you ate the light meal, the Lawrence family still hasn't come. "I suppose they canceled the meeting. They were already thirty minutes late," stated Ayato as he stood up while his eyes wandered around the area.

You also stood up as well and fixed your dress with disappointment. Before walking away, Ayato offered his hand so you accepted it. Then, he walked faster than usual so you were confused because of how he acted. As soon as the both of you went out of the venue, you stopped and tried to catch your breath. "Why are you in a hurry?" you asked him but he didn't answer and just pulled you as he looked at his wristwatch every second.

"You worked here in Mondstadt before, correct? It would be nice if you meet your co-workers once again," he suggested.

Before he could move any further, someone with a feminine voice from behind spoke. "Early as well, Mr. Kamisato. Good thing, I came here a few minutes early. My husband still has some errands to do but he will be back in a few with his daughter," the woman greeted. Ayato's eyes widened, then he turned and looked at her with a welcoming smile. "Oh, so you brought an acquaintance... Care to introduce her to me?" she asked.

"Well, good evening Mrs. Lawrence. It's nice to meet you again. She's just... my- uh personal servant," he answered as he let go of your hand.

'Huh...?' It felt like something painful like a beautiful rose thorn pierced your heart. The palm of your hands started aching as if it was connected to your heart so you tried to hide your hand, turning into a raging and disappointed fist. Your lips started to tremble so you hid them with a wide smile as you looked at the woman. It was embarrassing yet heartbreaking at the same time. You don't know if he's just teasing you or not. 'Am I... still really his servant after all? Are his confessions just hallucinations? Are those compliments and kisses not genuine...?"

"Please stop this. It's not funny, Ayato-"

"My lord," he corrected you coldly. "Please show some respect."

Mrs. Lawrence and Ayato walked back to the venue while you just stood there frozen in place. He glared at you when he noticed that you were not following them so you hesitantly walked and followed them. Both of them sat on the chair while you stood beside Ayato, still confused and still comprehending what had happened earlier.

When Eula walked toward the table, she apologized and sat down. You looked at her from head to toe. It looks odd for her to wear a formal dress since you've always seen her in the tavern with the Knights of Favonious outfit. She looks uninterested and forced to wear the dress but her elegance, confidence, and formality are still there as she sat looking effortlessly pretty with his chin up and proper posture.

Ayato took a quick glance at you, then he looked back at Eula. "Are you... related to her?" he asked as he squinted his eyes to look closely at the similarities of your other facial features with Eula. You didn't answer and just looked at him with disappointment and anger in your eyes because of how he treated you earlier.

While they were talking, your knees started to tremble while standing beside him. You were kind enough not to ruin his reputation so you tried to find an excuse to get out of this embarrassing situation without letting them know that you're not really his personal servant. "My...lord, may I use the restroom for a minute?" you asked which made him turn and look at you coldly as if you were a stranger to him. Then, he nodded and turned back his attention to them.

You leaned your hands on the sink as you looked at the mirror. 'WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, AYATO? Why are you doing this? Is this your revenge?' You ripped the skirt of your dress out of frustration and anger. 'FUCK THIS DRESS. I look fucking pathetic back there... Why do you have to embarrass me like that in front of them? Are you ashamed of me?!' The more you overthink, the more you connect the dots. 'Is that why you were in a hurry a while ago? I thought they were already thirty minutes late. Does this have something to do with the Yashiro Commission?'