Chapter 6

There was no one in the street except for the two of you. Ayato was kneeling down while hugging your knees, thinking that you might leave him again. You tried to grip his hair as much as you could so you could push him away but you slowly loosen when you felt something cold dripping on your legs. Even though you can't see his face, you knew he was crying. You looked up, trying to find answers in the sky and you let out a heavy sigh.

"Stand up," you said while trying to get his hands off but you couldn't. "Stop acting childish. I won't leave you so stand up."

It was the only way he would be convinced to stand up. You had no choice but to leave your work early because of him. Both of you are headed to Goth Grand Hotel where you're currently staying. While walking in the aisle to find your room, you felt him holding your sleeves so you looked at him. His eyes were closed and his face was so red because of the alcohol but his left cheek is much redder because of what you did to him. He looks sleepy. That's why he held the hem of your sleeves so you could guide him. "For the love of God, don't tell me he's going to sleep here," you whispered softly while firmly closing your eyes.

As soon as you stopped in front of your room, you unlocked it and let him go in first. After closing the door, you turned around and saw him looking at you but not in your eyes. "I told you we're going to talk tomorrow morning since you look sleepy-" you said but he didn't let you finish because he quickly held both of your shoulders as he pinned you on the door slightly.

Ayato leaned close to you so you thought he was going to throw up on you. Before you pushed him away, you felt his warm tongue licking and sucking your collarbone while trying to lift up your skirt with his other hand. "H-hey! Are you drunk or doing this on purpose?" you asked with your furrowed eyebrows as you tried to stop his hands from sliding upwards. Since you couldn't stop him despite how hard you grasped his arms, you loosen your hands from holding onto him and after a minute, he realized that you were upset since you were not fighting back anymore.

"Are you done?" you asked him while he is looking down, trying not to show his face. Ayato hesitantly nodded. "Apologize," you said as you folded your arms on your chest.

"Dang, just when did the tables turn?" said Ayato as he irritatedly turned away from you so he could lay on your bed. "I'm fucking sorry?" he uncertainly whispered underneath his breath which is enough for you to hear it.

Since you realized that he's already in a deep sleep, you didn't bother waking him up and decided to take a bath. You opened your cabinet and took out the clothes that you will wear later. "I don't mind you changing clothes here. I'm looking respectfully," teased Ayato which made you flinch since you thought he's already sleeping. "You're not going to leave me while I'm asleep, are you?"

He didn't get a response from you since you went straight in the bathroom with your clothes and towel on your arms. After a few minutes of taking a bath, you stepped out of the bathroom and saw him sitting on your bed while holding both of his temples so you brought warm water for him. "Stop forcing yourself to stay awake," you said as you sat at the edge of the bed to give him the glass of water.

Ayato accepted the warm glass of water and placed it on the bedside table after drinking it all continuously. Then, he laid his head on your thighs. Up close, you could clearly see the features in his face. You knew that he's already asleep this time so you tried to remove the strands of his hair from his face to look at his face better. Her dark eyelashes were long which complements his pale skin. As you already lifted up all the hair from his face, it gave you a clearer view.

Your warm hands touched his forehead to check his temperature. "What's gotten into you? You are a pain in my ass when drunk," you whispered, hoping that he didn't hear you. "You got a big ass forehead, huh?" His eyes slowly opened without squinting, indicating that he's not yet asleep this whole time so you flinched and threw him away which made his headache even worse because of what you did.

You ended up sleeping on the couch since he already took all the space on the bed even though it was already a king-sized bed. The next day, you woke up earlier than him so you got up and poured the warm water from the thermos to place it on the bedside table for him. When you went back, you saw him sitting confusedly while holding his forehead, staring out of nowhere. You sat down at the edge of the bed and gave him the warm water which he slowly accepted while looking at you as he tried to remember what happened yesterday.

"Alcohol is not an excuse for your bad behavior-" you were ready to lecture him but you were cut off because he suddenly spat out the water to you.

"What happened to you? Where did you get these bruises on your neck?" asked Ayato continuously as he crawled towards you to check your neck.

Before he could touch you, your palm meets his face roughly. "Do you remember now?" you asked as he confusingly looked at you while holding his right cheek with both of his hands.

Ayato uncertainly nodded even though he still couldn't remember anything. "Now, tell me why you're here. I don't remember calling for you," you started coldy. 'Do you get deja vu?' you asked him in your thoughts as you went to the sink. Ayato followed you in the kitchen and sat on the counter.

"Is he the reason why you left?" he asked but he got no response from you. Even though he didn't say his name, you knew that he was talking about Thoma. The room was filled with silence so he tried to change the subject. "Let's go back home, please."

"I don't want to go back to Liyue yet," you responded while you were wiping off your face with a clean face towel.

"I don't live in Liyue," said Ayato, which made you stop wiping your face and made you look at him. "Let's go back home. It is an order."

"I'm not your servant anymore," you said.

"Yeah, right. You will be my wife."

"Can you stop joking about that?"

"I'm not joking," he responded so you looked back at him to see if he was joking but you saw him with a serious face so you avoided his eyes.

You opened your cabinet so you could take out your work uniform but Ayato stood in front of you and held your hand firmly while you were holding your uniform through the hanger. You tried to shove his hands away but he was unbothered. "Let go," you firmly said. As you used both of your hands to shove him, you successfully let go of him so he immediately used his pleading card which works every damn time.

Ayato kneeled down and hugged your legs while his forehead was on your knees. "For fuck's sake, why are you so clingy?" you said with annoyance in your voice as you firmly closed your eyes and looked up. "I still have to work."

"THEN, WORK FOR ME," emphasized Ayato while his face is still buried on your knees. "He is waiting for you. Thoma felt guilty of what he said and was concerned about you for months," he suddenly blurted out.

As soon as you heard what he said, you didn't know what happened next since the time went by so fast while you were packing. "How did you know about our situation?" you asked him while both of you were walking away from Mondstadt.

"He opened up to me and-" he stopped walking as soon as he saw someone familiar. It was your stepbrother, Xingqiu, talking to the chief alchemist of the Knights of Favonious.

"Oh... I don't know him. Do you know him?" you asked nervously while trying to drag him away from them but before the two of you could turn away, you heard Xingqiu call your name which made you flinch and stopped.

Xingqiu parted ways with Albedo before walking in your direction. "I never thought that you're actually just here in Mondstadt," started Xingqiu.

"Sorry, I think you've mistaken me for someone else-"

"It's nice to meet you again, brother in law," greeted Ayato as he took out his hand from his pocket to shake hands with him.