Chapter 13

"I would never cheat on you, Ayato. That's absurd..."

"I didn't ask if you cheated on me, Sweetheart." The way he said his endearment for you sent shivers on your spine as it gives you a strange feeling. "Why would you do such a thing?" he asked but he didn't get a response. "Please say something."

"I was... drunk," you lied.

Ayato sighed and tilted his head up while his eyes closed. Then, he looked back at you again with his stern and disappointed face. "Didn't you say alcohol is not an excuse for bad behavior?" he asked. You didn't give him a response anymore so he sighed again and said before walking away, "I'm not mad at you." Ayato doesn't have the time to argue and he's not in a mood for it since he still has a lot of work to do in the morning. He went back to his office and finished half of the files on his desk.

The day went by without talking to him since you felt like you needed to give him space. It was already late at night so you have decided to close the book you've been reading and turn the lights off. When he came back to his room wearily, he saw no one there so he checked every guest room. As soon as he opened the door of the guest room from where you were, you got up immediately, then he went closer beside you to embrace you with his warm hug.

"I told you I'm not mad... well, maybe I am," he mumbled softly as he sniffed your hair. "You smell so nice."

You tried to move slightly but his arms wrapping on you were stopping you from moving. "Ayato, I've already told you I don't want-"

"Shut up. You're not capable of giving orders for me as of now. Hm... Since when did you have the right to give me orders, anyway?" he stated that made you hold both of his arms. "It's fine, Sweetheart. I know my limitations." Ayato breathes in your neck as if he was inhaling your soul. "I sometimes get tired of being a gentleman." His teeth dug in your neck so you tighten the way you hold his arms. "Whoever that person is... I just want them to know you're already taken so I had to do this."

"Ayato... you're hurting me."

He kissed your collarbone and went down slightly lower to dig his teeth deeper. "Pardon me for showing my love violently. You made me do it, anyway," he whispered after sucking and biting your skin. "That's not the only thing I could do to you if you did something that will make me upset again. I just want your loyalty. Is that too much to ask for?"

When he let go of you, you finally breathed normally as you trail your fingers on the side of your neck. The marks he gave to you stings when you touch them. You slowly lay down, facing away from him so he hugged your waist, instead. "Don't tell me you're mad. I should be the one who's mad here," he said while he dug his face in your hair.

Morning came yet he was still by your side. At this time, he's usually in his appointments but it seems like he doesn't have one scheduled today. You slowly turn your back and look at his face since you felt like it's been a long time ever since the last time you looked at his face because you can't manage to look at his eyes when he's awake. Your brows furrowed when you remember what he did to you last night.

His eyes suddenly opened so you looked away quickly. "Why are you looking at me like that? I know you somewhat liked what I did to you last night. Should I do that more often? Hm?"

A heavy sigh came out from you as you stood up to wash your face and prepare yourself to have breakfast. As you walked down the hallway, you felt all the servant's stares at you so you pretended to itch the back of your ear to hide those marks. The hallway suddenly felt so long and you felt like you wanted to go back in the room. 'Why are they giving me weird stares? Is it visible and too much?' Your breathing becomes hard and you feel anxious while walking.

When you met Thoma walking towards your direction, you immediately turned around out of embarrassment but you suddenly bumped into someone's chest. Ayato held both of your shoulders so you won't lose your balance. He was confused when you unexpectedly hugged him for a minute. You just did that to hide the marks from Thoma. It was also because you still can't look at Thoma's eyes after what you accidentally did to him.

As you hugged Ayato, you can't help but ponder to yourself since you noticed how good he is at making himself unnoticeable. One time was in his office room when he successfully entered the room without you noticing him and now, the way he walks behind you feels like he wasn't there. It seems like his footsteps aren't that loud. His presence as well isn't noticeable when he was behind you walking.

"Morning! Breakfast is ready as usual," greeted Thoma as he passed by.

Ayato greeted and thanked him back but you just stayed quiet and frozen while hugging Ayato, waiting for Thoma to walk away. "What's the sudden hug for?" asked Ayato.

"A morning hug," you lied as you let go of him.

"My, my... are you trying to hide those love bites I gave to you?" he teased.

It's annoying. It feels like he can read your mind. He knows everything that's going on in your mind. It seems like he can read you and your actions easily. You can't even hide anything from him. Every week passes by, it seems like he's getting good at reading people's emotions but you can't read him. He can hide secrets as well as his emotions easily now. While walking, you can't help but look at him through your peripheral vision. "Why are you glaring at me?" asked Ayato.

Your eyes widened as you looked at him directly. "What- How- I'm not sneaking," you denied.

"You're too obvious."

After eating a light breakfast, Ayato went straight to his office again so you came back to your own work too. In the middle of writing, you felt the hunger but it's not yet lunch so you've decided to grab a snack. Unfortunately, you met Thoma again in the aisle. The manor was so massive yet you still always unintentionally bump into him. When you met his eyes, his eyes went down on your neck and looked at it closely with concern. "Are you... okay? You should be resting," he said.

You forgot to hide it so you tried to look for something that could change the topic. Your eyes went down on his hand, holding a letter. "Uh- may I read that?" you blurted.

"Oh I'm sorry, this letter is for my lord," reasoned Thoma. At first, you nodded and accepted that you can't read the letter but your attention caught the name of the clan of the sender. It seems like you've heard that before a long time ago when you traveled back in Mondstadt to work in the tavern. You never thought their clan would send a letter for Ayato. Since you're too curious about what was written in the letter, you tried to annoy Thoma so you could read the letter.

"Thoma, please... I'm just curious. I know that clan! I've heard of them once. I bet you know them too, right?" you annoyed him while catching up on a walk in the hallway but he just kept smiling and was unbothered so your brows furrowed and used the pass card. "Let me read it, Thoma. It's an order," you said sternly with your chin up and serious face as you stopped walking. He looked at you, hesitating if he should give it to you or not but in the end, he decided to give it to you.

When you read what was written on the letter, your eyes filled with excitement as you hopped on the way to his office. The letter was about the Lawrence clan giving thanks to Ayato for accepting their offer about something that would be discussed in a dinner. You were excited to share the news with him since you miss Mondstadt. "Hm? What made you smile widely like that? I should be the only one who could put that smile on your pretty face," said Ayato as he smiled back.

"Can I come with you to Mondstadt?" You placed the unsealed letter on his desk which made his smile fade.

"Why would you read a letter that wasn't yours?!" His voice raised as he opened the letter. Your smile also faded as well as your excitement. It turned into worry and concern. Ayato stressfully sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose while reading the letter. "No, you're not coming with me to Mondstadt."

End of Chapter 13: An Invitation from another Noble Family

A/N: Goofy ass ayatoe lol he's a fucking menace in this fic. Such a red flag.

Also another a/n: I lowkey ship Thoma and Ayaka in the early chapters because I don't want him to be lonely since I also ship Thoma and Ayato but I can't ship them here, of course it's ayatoe x reader. I hope you guys don't mind.