Epilogue

Both Thoma and you were chilling outside while looking at Inazuma City. You called him since you wanted to talk to him and both of you have nothing to do for now, anyway. While leaning on the railing as the wind blew a few strands of your hair away, you looked at him and started to initiate the conversation. "Thoma, I want you to keep yourself safe," you said which made him look at you with confusion in his eyes.

"Why are you suddenly saying that?" asked Thoma and he chuckled after.

You showed him your vision on your necklace with an awkward smile, not knowing whether you should be happy or sad. Thoma looked closely at your necklace and congratulated you genuinely with a warm smile. "Also, there are a lot of things you don't know about me," you continued as you turn around from the railing. "I'm actually the first daughter of the Feiyun Commerce Guild in Liyue. Sorry if I didn't tell you because I think it's unnecessary, anyway. That's all."

Before you could walk away, he lightly grasped your shirt to stop you so you looked at him while raising one of your eyebrows, waiting for him to talk. Thoma looked down while smiling and sighed before starting to talk. "My Lord said you like me?" he asked rhetorically. Your eyes widened and you felt your face warming. You can't remember what happened last night as well as your conversation with him but you clearly know that you were with him and you didn't confess your feelings about him. "I'm not the one who accompany you last night. It was him. He told me specifically what happened."

'Ayato, you fucking snitch...' you cursed him in your thoughts. Your hands hesitantly held the railings firmly. "Well... y-yes, I liked you but-"

"But you also like him?" continued Thoma as he looked at you with his side lips raising and eyes squinting. "I've always thought you and my Lord have mutual feelings. May I know what you liked about me?"

"I like your smile, your laugh, your presence, and your abilities," you answered straightly without stuttering. You held both of your cheeks while looking at the calm sea. "I'm so confused right now, Thoma. How is it possible for me to like both of you?"

"And what do you like about him?" asked Thoma back without answering your question.

"I... don't know? But I like him- but I don't know what I liked about him," you answered his question again. "Maybe, I don't really like him...? But I kinda like him. I just don't dislike him."

Thoma laughed because of how confused you are. "You like him as he is. You like him whatever he is," explained Thoma. "On the other hand, you like me because of my smile, laugh, presence, and my abilities as well. Maybe you just admire and appreciate me. You don't know the reason why you like him because you love him and there's no need nor should there be a reason to love someone," he concluded.

What he said actually makes sense. "So, you're telling me I'm just denying my feelings to him and am actually in love with him this whole time? Ain't no way I'm really in love with him..." you whispered. "But what do you mean by there's no need nor should there be a reason to love?"

"Let's say, you like him because he's kind. What if he's not kind in the future anymore? Would you still like him? Of course, not since you only like him for his kindness," explained Thoma while gesturing his hands in the air.

That was the last thing that Thoma said before Furuta asked for his help. You were still looking at the sea flowing calmly while comprehending what Thoma said. After a few moments, you went into your room to rest physically and mentally. Hours passed by but you didn't even notice. The sun starts to set and the moon was starting to rise so you decided to go into the kitchen to help the servants prepare for dinner since you have nothing to do anyway.

Along the way, you saw Ayato closing the door of his office. You stopped and hesitated whether you should walk through the aisle or change your direction but it was too late to decide now since he already saw you. Ayato smiled at you quickly and turned his attention to the papers that he was holding. You walk past him and he walked past you. Time felt like it was running so slow when you walk past him so you turn around to look at his back.

"A-AHEM," you faked your cough to get his attention but you accidentally did it too much so you turn around immediately. "Oh, sorry."

"I'm sorry, where are you heading?" asked Ayato curiously as he put the papers aside and walked quickly to catch up to you.

You looked at him walking beside you while his attention was all yours. "Busy as always. I thought you were heading that way?" you asked as you pointed in the opposite direction.

"These can wait," he answered and he looked at the papers in his hand. "I can sense you wanted to tell something for me."

"Absolutely none," you responded as you shook your head so he turned around and walk in the opposite direction. Before he could go any further, you quickly grasped his arms and stood there for a few moments while he is looking at you with curiosity in his eyes. "Sorry, I honestly don't know why I did that. Hahaha... silly me."

Ayato looked at your hand still grasping his arms. "Seriously?" he asked with his awkward smile and furrowed eyebrows. He walked with you even though you insisted a few times. "Now that you already have a vision," he started with pain and happiness in his voice. "It seems like you don't need me anymore and this arranged marriage would be useless-"

"I... would still like to be with you," you blurted out your thoughts so you looked at him and avoided his eyes immediately. While walking without knowing your destination, you looked back at him again and saw him still looking at you. "What are you looking at?"

He squinted his eyes and folded his arms in front of him. "You're pretty hard to tell. Would you be so kind as to tell me your thoughts?" questioned Ayato. "You can't expect me to instantly read your thoughts."

Ayato didn't get a response from you. Both of you ended up on the balcony. You sat on the vacant seat and so does he. As you looked at him, he raised both of his eyebrows waiting for you to speak. "I have nothing to say. You should go to work now," you said. 'I can't just confess my feelings right here, right now, can I? How can I say I love him? That would be a cringe as fuck. He would probably laugh and think it is just a joke,' you said in your thoughts as you firmly massaged your forehead with both of your hands.

You sighed and look up to find answers in the twinkling stars. Your eyes roamed around and stopped when your attention was caught by the luminous moon. 'Oh, fuck it. I'm gonna say it.'

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

His eyes widened when he heard your question. After a few seconds, he smiled, looked down, and held your hand. "Ah finally... I love you too," whispered Ayato after kissing the back of your palm. Both of your visions lit up after he said it back. "Was it really that hard for you to say the actual words?"

"Fine, I fucking love you. My job here is done," you said quickly as you stood up and so does he.

"Say that again in a different way. It sounds forced," he mocked and embraced you tightly in his arms while placing his chin on your head.

"I love fucking you?"

And they literally fucked. The End. I will not explain it any further. My job here is done.

A/N: ("The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" in Japanese. It actually means "I love you") Yandere Ayato for the modern au??? Y'all down bad?? Breathe if you agree.I already did the summary. Can't wait to write it!! I will post the prologue the next day (Saturday).

Writing Ayatoe fanfic and doing fanarts of him is part of my ritual and coping mechanism 'cause I know I can't win 50/50 5x in a row with my 1096 primogems.