Chapter 2

Your feet brought you here back in the estate. You didn't even notice that you were in front of his office again, hesitating to knock. You've been standing there for a few minutes now, hoping that no one will see you, especially Thoma. As soon as you let out a heavy breath, you were supposed to knock on his door but your hand stopped when you felt the warm breath of someone on your neck which sends you shivers through your spines.

You flinched and gulped before you turned your head, hoping it was not him even though you're certain that it was him because you acknowledge his presence and his hinoki scent, one of those scents that were stuck in your mind as soon as you first saw him though you didn't pay attention to his scent back then. Now that he's so close, you had a vivid chance to smell his scent as it lingers in the air.

He looked down at you and raised his left eyebrow as you look upon him because of the tremendous height difference. He was waiting for you to say something but there are no words coming out from your mouth since you preferred to stay silent instead of stuttering and try to find words again. You were shocked and you weren't prepared for this so you looked down to avoid his gaze and stepped aside.

The head of Kamisato Clan closed the door before you as you sighed. 'What was that? What just happened?' you asked continuously to yourself in your thoughts. You closed your eyes firmly before trying to prepare yourself to knock again. After a few knocks, you heard his approval so you slowly turned the knob. He is not paying attention to you and was busy reading something important on his table.

You swallow your pride as you bowed down on your knees and begged for him. "My sincere apologies... m-my Lord," you said as you hesitated since you don't know what to call him. "My deepest apologies for what I've done. I'm more than willing to change. Just please... please let this pass. I need this opportunity, please. I can't afford to lose Thoma," you whispered the last sentence underneath your breath, hoping that he didn't hear that.

"I don't remember calling for you."

'Kneeling didn't help? Fuck, what should I do? Hell no, what am I thinking? There's no way I'll use my body instead. I'm not a fucking whore,' you thought. Then, you remember that you heard him with his friend in Chinju Forest, having a beetle fight. They were the reason why you didn't get lost despite being bad at memorizing directions.

"Ah yeah? no shit," you said cluelessly. "Well, that's too damn bad... maybe telling them that the head of the Kamisato Clan was wandering around in Chinju Forest to meet up with their acquaintance just so they could have a battle with their onikabutos instead of doing important matters, may help you be convinced?" you asked then you stood up and placed your hand on his table to lean as you tilt your head.

"Are you blackmailing me? Are you serious?" he chuckled as he finally looked up at you, wearing a smirk on his face. "What a pity."

"Alright then," you responded as your smile suddenly faded. You stood up properly and waited for a few seconds if he has something to say but he looks like he was not really convinced so you started to walk away.

"How much do you want?"

You stopped as the side of your lips started to rise up again when you heard him ask. "Ha... that's what I thought," you started as you turned back to him, sat down on the chair and leaned on his table. "You specifically know what I want... my Lord," you mocked him with a small smirk as you emphasized the way you call him.

The reason why you didn't ask for mora and you asked for the position instead is just because you wanted to show Thoma that you are not a burden and a disappointment. He took out something from his drawer and placed it on the table. It was a badge that has the symbol of the Kamisato Clan. You have seen this badge on Thoma's and Furuta's shirts which means that you can officially work here so you took the badge and stood up, ready to leave.

"Won't you give me a proper introduction before you leave?"

"Just call me traveler," you responded after sitting back on the chair harshly. "I don't really mind."

He stood up with his furrowed brows because of your informal introduction. "Kamisato Ayato," he said as he sternly grabbed your wrist to forcibly shake hands with him while you are still sitting. "I don't like that attitude," he leaned and whispered into your ear.

His voice traveled in your ears and gave you goosebumps. "YOW, drop that mysterious acting," you said as you took off his hand that is still holding your wrist and pushed him away. "You don't have to whisper mysterious shits in my ear, man."

"Watch your language," said Ayato while walking back to his chair. "You act like you're not from a noble family," he mumbled.

"Alright, I'll be going now- wait, what did you say?" you asked with curiosity in your eyes. "I'm not from a noble family. I am just a commoner. What are you saying?" you asked him as you awkwardly laugh.

"Kindly please deliver this to Ayaka immediately," responded Ayato while not paying attention to you, trying to ignore your questions.

"How much do you know about me?"

"So, it's true?" asked Ayato but you didn't answer back. "You may take your leave," said Ayato as he slightly pushed the boxes on the table.

Since he didn't answer your questions properly, you harshly carried the boxes while narrowing your eye to him even though he is not looking at you. As soon as you went downstairs to find Ayaka, you stopped and almost dropped the boxes when you saw her with Thoma in the door. You immediately stepped back and put your hand on your mouth to avoid making a noise. Even though you didn't fully see them, you knew what they were doing.

It was just a quick glance. Thoma was cupping her cheeks and his face is so near to her. Your hands were trembling as well as your knees and your sight is getting blurry. You can't feel your legs as they were getting numb. You wanted to walk away but if you move, you will probably fall down on your knees and it will make a commotion. 'There's no way I'm crying over them,' you thought to yourself.

Because your sight was blurry, you saw someone pass by but you didn't see their face because you were looking down. You wiped off your tears and held the box properly but before your knees gave up, someone held your shoulders and put the box quickly but gently as they lift up your chin to close the gap between the both of you. They held the back of your head and waist to pull you close when you step back.

A/N: These bitches need 3 chapters to introduce themselves lmao anww follow on twitter I need moots!! Username: fatima_dwn