Chapter 12

Both of you took a long and cozy nap without distractions. The sun had gone down and it was already dark outside. When you opened your eyes, you expected to see his face beside you but he was gone so you panicked and got up immediately to find him. Before you got out of the room, you stopped and turned back to look outside the window since you felt like someone was there so you checked. It's always been like that. You felt like someone was spying on you.

When you looked at your side, a child with a tail fell and ran away as if she saw a ghost. You shrugged it off and went to check in the study room but you couldn't find him there so you went to his office. A sigh came out of you when you saw him there. Ayato was sitting on his swivel chair with his hand covering his eyes and forehead. "Ayato... are you not feeling well?" you asked as you walked towards him.

There were a lot of scattered papers and files on top of his desk. You kneel down to check if he is crying or not but it seems like his eyes were just shut closed. "I just... feel guilty for taking a rest," he mumbled, then he combed his hair away stressfully from his face. "I'm sorry for being dramatic. I still have to finish a few works."

You took the chair and sat beside him. Then, you placed both of your palms on his cheek so you could let him face you. "Your feelings are valid and you're not dramatic. Ayato, you could've told me that you don't want to rest. It's fine to say no."

Ayato nodded and focused back on his work again. Suddenly, one of his men knocked on the door. Ayato quickly stood up and turned the doorknob before you could reach for it. As you exited his office, he pushed you back into his office and held the doorknob tightly so you could not open it. They were talking in a different language so you couldn't understand what they were saying.

When you heard the man walking away, Ayato opened the door of his office again. "I'm sorry. I have to leave... Is it fine for you?"

"Yes, It's fine! Go ahead," you said with a warm smile even though you don't want him to go. 'You told me you canceled all your plans today, Ayato. I hate people who break promises.' Before he could walk away, you pulled him inside of his office again and showered him with kisses as you unbutton your shirt, expecting him to stay with you but he irritatedly pushed you and ran away from you as if he was already running late.

You stared at the floor for a minute, trying to hold back your tears as you buttoned back your shirt again. 'I thought that's what he wanted...' While on your way back into the room, Thoma met you in the hallway and asked if you were fine since you looked down and were upset but you gave him a nod and a reassuring smile which convinced him that you were fine. "I don't have any pending tasks today. Don't be shy to ask me a favor! I'm willing and happy to follow all your orders without having second thoughts. Just ask and you shall receive!"

"Anything?"

"Anything!"

"I don't have orders for now. Maybe, soon. Thanks for your offer, Thoma," you said, then Thoma gave you a nod before walking away. When you enter the room, you shut the door and kneel down near the bed as you grasp your hair out of frustration and disappointment. You screamed in the pillows so no one could hear you and let your anger and cries out by punching it as you grasped the sheets of the bed.

Then, you stood up and tried to calm yourself when you realized you were overreacting. When you saw yourself in the vanity mirror, you went closer to it and undo the buttons of your shirt to look at your shape. 'Did he not like how I kissed him? Does my body look bad?' Your hand turned into a fist while looking at yourself in the mirror, then your knuckles hit the mirror hard.

You leaned on the vanity desk and saw your reflections in the broken mirror glass shards so you turned off the lights since you don't want to see your face and body. The blood on your knuckles flows down on the floor as your tears cascade on your cheeks with your eyes closed. Suddenly, you opened your eyes widely and your mood changed so fast when you heard someone running in the hallway.

'I knew Ayato would come back to me.' As soon as the door opened, you welcomed him happily with kisses and locked the door quickly. You kissed him as if you would never let go of him while he was still struggling to breathe. Since it was dark and the lights were off, you tried to find and grope for his belt to unbuckle it but your hands stopped when you saw a red glowing vision on the side of his hips.

It seems like the time stopped when you realized why he has a pyro vision on his hips, instead of having a hydro vision. You looked up at his face and saw how shocked he was. He was frozen in place as he tried to say something but you couldn't understand it at first because of how bad his stutters are. "I'm- I... I'm sorry for barging in. I didn't- I thought you needed help when you- when I heard a broken glass," he explained with panic in his voice. "I'm- I was- I know I told you I will do anything you want but I can't do this uh- thing with you."

Thoma didn't get a response from you since you were still trying to comprehend what had happened earlier. Even though it was dark, you can still see the worry and panic in his eyes. You slowly stepped back away from him while covering your mouth. Both of you flinched when someone fell in the bushes so Thoma quickly checked outside the window. "Sayu?! Are you alright? What are you doing here and..."

His voice faded when you left him there and ran towards the comfort room. You rinse your knuckles full of blood and you rinse your mouth as well. Your lips tremble while leaning on the sink. When you saw yourself in the wide mirror, you immediately stepped back and turned the lights off.

Since it was dark, you slipped and hit your hand so you lost consciousness and ended up sleeping on the bathroom floor. As you fell asleep, you dreamt of Ayato where he turned on the lights in the bathroom but he immediately turned it off when he saw you open your eyes. It was a short and frightening dream because there were traces of blood all over his face and clothes.

As we went closer, he carried you and decided to bring you back into the room. You wanted to move and get away from him but you couldn't move your arms and legs. It feels like you were going to be the next to be murdered by him. When you can finally move your body, everything becomes clear. It was already morning when you looked outside the windows. Ayato was also there sleeping beside you so you panicked and moved away from him.

You went to the bathroom to rinse your face as you tried to forget the nightmare you had. Your hands stopped as the faucet kept on running when you realized that someone must have carried and brought you back into the room. When Ayato entered the bathroom, he was shocked as soon as he saw you. He immediately apologized and closed the door but you opened the door again and asked him without looking into his eyes. "Are you the one who carried me back here?"

"Hm? No, that must have been... Thoma but I'm not quite sure," he answered. "Is there something wrong? You look bothered."

"Everything's fine."

"Are you sure you're fine? I don't think so-" He was cut off when you tried to close the door of the bathroom. "Hey woman, I'm not yet done talking to you."

His hand on the edge of the door is stopping you from closing it. "I told you I'm fine," you said.

"Did I do something wrong? Tell me, what did I do?" asked Ayato as he successfully opened the door widely. You pretended to rinse your hands again so you could avoid his eyes. "Or perhaps you did something wrong," he said that made you stop rinsing your hand.

"I didn't do anything wrong," you said, trying not to stutter. "Now, can you move?"

"Look at me in the eyes when I'm talking to you," he firmly said as he held your shoulders. Ayato lifted your chin up but you looked away and tried to push him so he grabbed your jaw to let you face him but you closed your eyes since you can't look him in his eyes. "Why did you do that?"

"Do what? I don't know what you're saying. What did I do?" you asked while your eyes still closed as you tilted your head down.

"Open your eyes and look at me. Don't make me repeat the question again."

"I already told you I didn't do anything wrong," your voice cracked when you looked at him in his eyes so you looked away. "I would never cheat on you, Ayato. That's absurd..."

End of Chapter 11: Sudden Mistake

A/N: Can I just skip the other chapters and post the climax part already? /j
Nah bc I'm so excited for y'all reactions for the climax part. I've already written the summary.