Chapter 18

'I despise wealthy people.' The only thing that runs in your mind as you shove your sword towards Childe. He invited you to have a friendly duel with him. Childe taught you how to handle a sword since an archer should also learn how to use melee weapons for close-range attacks or duels. You agreed for him to train you since the best way to improve is to learn from your enemies. They are the best teachers for self-improvement. A few months has passed when he started training you but this time, you decided to face him seriously in the domain.

This duel with Childe is the second round in the domain yet you still can't beat him. Your panting becomes harder as you point your sword at him, waiting for his next move. "Just imagine this duel as a game of chess. Once your opponent attacks, you need a defense," explained Childe while trying to attack you but you dodged all of them. "Sometimes, sacrifice is a must in a game of chess," he said as he attacked your sword directly so you accidentally let go of your sword and it fell to the ground. "Resilience plays an important role after sacrificing."

"Tell me, why do you have a burning desire for sparring?" you asked to distract him.

"Blood dripping on my skin tickles me but it makes me more excited when someone's face is covered with blood. They look prettier," he whispered closer when he pointed his sword towards your neck. "I hope I'm joking but I'm not." Childe slightly pushed the sword on your neck, good enough to make your blood drip on your neck. He, then, licked your blood dripping on your throat which made you kick him in his abdomen and stepped on his neck when he fell to the ground.

'How can a person be a masochist and sadistic at the same time?' You dug your foot on his neck further. "I want a rematch."

Childe grinned menacingly and he held your ankle to shove it away from him. Since this is your third round with him, you already have two scars from him. One on your neck and one under your eye. You copied and learned all the moves he made from the last two rounds so both of you think the same. Childe focused on attacking your sword and so did you.

When you attacked his sword, he also directly shoved his sword on yours. The strong impact caused your sword and his sword to slip from your and his hand. You waited for his next move but it seems like he was also waiting for you to move so you immediately ran towards where your sword is located on the ground. Childe held your waist with his arm to stop you from getting it so you flipped him over and he winced in pain on the floor.

Before you could get your sword, Childe purposely tripped you with his foot so your chin hit the floor. He immediately got up and stepped on your back to stop you from getting up but you're too quick enough to get your sword on the ground. You finally slit his ankle on your back without looking. "You let your guard down easily," you said when you stood up. "Don't celebrate too early even though your opponent is already on the ground."

He gave you a proud smile when you finally beat him. Then, he gave you a dagger he personally forged. "You're a fast learner. Keep that sword and dagger with you."

"Thanks. May I get my vision back now?" you asked which made him look at you with his shocked and confused face.

"I... threw it in the sea with you when we were near the shore in Kamisato estate," he reluctantly said while scratching the back of his neck.

You looked at him in the eyes with disappointment and annoyance. "That incident happened a few months ago, Childe. It will probably take me a year to find my vision in Inazuma." You sighed.

The sea was deep and wide so you don't have any idea where to start. When you stepped onto the shore in Ritou, you bumped into a lot of people but you didn't mind them. There's still a long way to go since you have to go near the estate. Before you could walk further away from the shore in Ritou, you felt strange elemental energy pulling you like a magnet so you let your feet lead the way.

You ended up on the edge of Ritou as you looked from your left and right. There are still a lot of people you bumped into. It was noisy and confusing. The sands sticking on your ankle add up to your frustration but your furrowed eyebrows relaxed when you saw your vision on the sand so you quickly went towards it. 'How come my vision got here? I thought Childe threw it near the estate of Kamisato-' Your hand stopped from reaching your vision when you accidentally held someone's hand who's also reaching for the vision.

It felt like the people walking back and forth stopped. The noise and chit-chat lessen. You can only hear the sounds of the waves as the wind plays along with your skirt and hair. Your eyes met his light purple eyes. When you realized you were looking at him too long, you immediately changed your gaze and stood up but he held your arm and placed the necklace vision on your palm which you accepted.

"Where did you get those scars?" he asked as he looked at your face and your neck. Since the conversation is unimportant, you didn't respond and you immediately stood up to walk away from him. Ayato tried to follow you even though there were a lot of people passing by. "Can we please talk properly? I just want to clear things up."

"I thought we're already done, Ayato," you wearily said.

He walked faster and stopped in front of you as he held both of your arms. "Please, listen to me at least once. I'm not forcing you to come back. I just want to enlighten you."

"Ayato, I've already told you I don't need your explanations anymore-"

"Shut up and let me talk. This is not about our relationship," he seriously stated. "Sorry for bringing this up but do you still remember when I noticed you were quite similar to Eula?" When he asked that, you hesitantly nodded. "I dug up your history and- PLEASE, WAIT. Let me finish my statement. I'm not stalking you," he panicked when you stepped back. "Are you... really sure your father is not living anymore?"

Your eyes widened as you raised a brow at him. "I've seen his grave with both of my eyes."

"That's not enough proof to prove he's not living anymore," responded Ayato as he gave a piece of paper to you. "See for yourself. Here's the address." As soon as he lends the paper, you accept it and look at him suspiciously. Before you decided to walk away, you held his left hand and removed his gloves. You saw his bare hand without a ring on it. Ayato looked down at his hand and looked back at you. "Is... there a problem?"

"I don't like you marrying someone else, Ayato. Let's be single together forever. I don't want you to be happy with someone. Suffer with me," you unconsciously but honestly said as you looked him in his eyes seriously. Ayato slowly put his gloves on while still looking at you with his furrowed brows. Before walking away, you gave him a stern glare. Then, you turned your back from him and went back near the shore.

You felt exhausted after going to Inazuma just to get your vision so you decided to lay your back on the bed of Wangshu inn. While looking at the piece of paper in your hand and your vision on your other hand, you're having second thoughts if you can accept the truth that your father is still alive and he left you with your mother in Liyue. 'Is it really possible for him to be alive? I can't be mistaken. I clearly heard my father's familiar voice when they had that dinner night. Am I really a mistake? He faked his death so he could go back to his real family...' you pondered.

As soon as you successfully stepped onto Mondstadt on the next day, you sighed and read the address from the piece of paper again before entering the city. When you were supposed to knock on the massive door of the manor, your hands stopped because of someone having a conversation. "Ayato please, I'm begging you. I know you can do something to stop this ridiculous arranged marriage. Amber hasn't talked with me for weeks! You should marry her instead. I know she only had half royal blood of the Lawrence clan but it's- "

"Eula, I don't think it's possible. We went into a lot of misunderstandings and arguments. How can I get her trust again?"

"Worship her," answered Eula simply.

'Is Eula referring to me earlier? I had half the royal blood of the Lawrence clan... Eula is a stepsister of mine?'

End of Chapter 18: Eula's Request

A/N: I'm going to start anotha ayatoe x reader fic after this bc I didn't like how this turned out. Tbh, I was never satisfied with my works lmaoo The next fic would be fluff and thrill/suspense. No red flag ayatoe anymore and no angst. We need to take a break from angst. It's toxic and exhausting. We shan't romanticize and normalize that in a relationship. Sorry for writing that chapter. Anww, who's your #1 fave character in genshin? I'm curious since I might write fics about them soon!

I have a lot of favorites. They're noelle, sucrose, yoimiya, kokomi, ayaka, ayato, and thoma.