Chapter 5

The alarm already went off and the sun started to rise. You sat there, looking at the alarm clock for a few minutes, not knowing what to do. As you comprehend what Thoma said yesterday, you stood up and started to pack your things. Before leaving, you wrote a resignation letter for the head of Kamisato Estate. It's funny to think that he taught you how to write and now, you're writing a resignation letter for him. Ironic isn't it? 

It took you a few hours to finish packing everything and writing the resignation letter. You planned to give it to Furuta, instead of directly giving it to him because you'll never know what will happen next. While holding the letter in your hand, you opened the door and unexpectedly saw him standing in front of your door. He looked down at your hand where you held the letter so you quickly hid it.

"Why are you always late?" asked Ayato. "And that's for whom?"

'Don't worry. This is going to be the last day I will be late,' you said in your thoughts while slowly stepping outside your room so you could close it before he sees your baggage lying on the floor. "This letter is... for a friend," you responded to his question. "Sorry for the inconvenience. I promise I won't be late for the next session. Please wait for me downstairs so I can talk to Miss Furuta in a moment."

You bowed and decided to leave but before you could step once more, you felt his hands on your wrist so you looked at him. Ayato bit the tip of his middle finger to pull out his gloves then he touched your forehead to check your temperature. "Are you sick? You're acting differently," said Ayato. As he was supposed to check the temperature on your neck, you stepped back slightly and avoided his hand from touching your neck.

"Thanks for your concern. I would like to take my leave for now," you answered coldly.

Ayato doesn't want to bother you anymore so he let you go and he waited for you outside to practice your archery lessons but little does he know that you won't show up there. Everything went smoothly because you successfully gave the resignation letter to Furuta. Even though you wanted to see Thoma for the last time, you forced yourself not to see him because it is for the better. Before leaving Inazuma, you bought a corset and a new dress from the international shop in Ritou since you don't want to stand out from the people of Mondstadt.

Mondstadt is your next destination because you still don't want to go back home to Liyue. Your escape from seeing your mother is by exploring Teyvat, anyway. The trip took you a few hours before you saw the massive walls of Mondstadt. Even though you still don't know where to start in Mondstadt, you let out a heavy breath and decided to walk in.

"Uh, excuse me? Good afternoon!" you greeted the tall man with the red long hair since he's the first person you saw. "I'm sorry to bother you. I'm new here so I'm not really used to this place."

"Just get to the point. I'm not interested in idle chit-chat. "

"Oh...I was just wondering if there are any available... legal? work I could attend to," you responded specifically.

"I'm Diluc Ragnvindr, owner of Dawn Winery," he started to introduce himself. "You can start your first day today since we lack staff."

When he started to walk, you followed him and introduced yourself along the way. You didn't want to annoy him so you didn't say anything further. As soon as he stopped in front of the tavern, you kinda hesitated whether you should work here or not. There were also other women staff so it would probably be fine but the thing is, their uniform is a bit revealing. They were wearing a white thin blouse with a corset on and a short skirt.

The days became weeks and weeks became months. You got no news about Thoma and you also started to miss him. The reason why you wanted to stay here for a bit longer is that this is Thoma's place of origin so you were hoping that you could see him one day again. It was uncomfortable for you because the skirt is moving upwards whenever you walk but you already get used to it so you don't bother pulling it down.

"One dandelion wine for table 10," the bartender announced so you quickly moved and put it on the tray to serve it.

You have been hearing the bartender announcing drinks for table 10 for quite a while now. The other staff serves it right away but as the sun starts to set, a lot of people start to gather in the tavern to listen to the bard's song as usual. Since it is for table 10, you went upstairs and tried to find the table. You almost lose balance from holding the tray but fortunately, you recovered your balance. Even though you can only see his back and stance, you already know who he is. He didn't even bother to change his fashion, that's why his clothes stand out from the rest.

As soon as you successfully stood in front of him, you quickly placed down his order on the table without uttering a single word because you thought that he might recognize you. Thankfully, his head is resting on his palm and his eyes are closed. Before you could step away, you felt someone tagging your skirt. You look back at him and see him smiling while his eyes are still closed. His face was so red because he had already taken a lot of alcohol.

"I know that scent."

"You've probably mistaken me as someone you once knew in the past," you lied. "And you have no right to touch me, sir."  

He sat up straight and opened his eyes without looking at you. Ayato tugged your skirt harshly so you ended up sitting on his lap. "You sound like her too. How odd?" he mocked as he finally looked into your eyes. You didn't want to create a commotion so you slowly removed his hands on your waist and stood up. "This corset looks good on you," complimented Ayato as he stood up which made you tilt your head upward because of his height.

Ayato held your upper arm so he could let you turn around. "It's loose. Let's tighten it up," he whispered in your ear as he loosen it so he could redo it. You let him redo it but you realized that he tightens it much. It felt like he took his anger out through it so you faced him with your furrowed eyebrows. You didn't know what to say so you just gave him a quick smile and left him standing there.

"Another order for table 12," the bartender announced.

When you notice that all the staff are busy, you just firmly close your eyes because you have no choice but to go upstairs again. You took the order and placed it on the tray. As soon as you stepped on the second floor, you stopped and saw him still sitting on the same spot. You passed him and gave the order for the person in table 12 but unfortunately, the person was too drunk to be on their senses. They tried to caress your thighs but all that you could do was laugh nervously as you tried to remove his hands on your thighs.

"FUCK OFF," someone cursed as they shoved the person's hand away from you. "I can be the only one who could touch her," they mumbled while he was holding your wrist, walking away from the tavern. It was your first time hearing him curse so you were shocked. After a minute of walking away, Ayato stopped and let go of you. He is not facing you but he suddenly faced you as he held both of your shoulders when he asked, "How much is for one night? I mean fuck one night. How much are you?"

"THAT ISN'T MY JOB! CAN YOU NOT-" you shouted with annoyance in your voice while trying to shove his hands away from your shoulders.

Ayato leaned his head on your shoulder while mumbling words you can't understand so you calmed yourself and tried to listen to him. Both of you were standing together alone under the street light. It was quiet yet you still can't understand what he wanted to say. "I want you to beg for me to stop. I want to fuck you hard 'til you bleed-" he said but he was cut off when your palm meets his cheeks harshly.

He already crossed the line.

"Do you even hear yourself?" you asked after slapping him. "Sober yourself and we will talk tomorrow morning."

His head raised when he heard you. "No, please! Don't leave me again. I can sober up now. We can talk today. Give me a few minutes. Just please, don't leave me," he begged while holding both of your wrists.