Chapter 1: True Pacifist Grace (Part 1)

After breathing in deeply and taking time to look around the cavern, Frisk makes his way into the throne room

After breathing in deeply and taking time to look around the cavern, Frisk makes his way into the throne room. The walls are covered with golden hues, and a golden chair with purple cushions is sitting in the center of the room. The light shines in from the stained-glass window in the corner of the room onto the floor, in which golden flowers lay around the royal throne. They're rising against Asgore's former throne, much like an angry mob would against a tyrannical ruler. Only, in this case, the rising of the flowers is peaceful and serene, with birds singing in the background.

 Only, in this case, the rising of the flowers is peaceful and serene, with birds singing in the background

"Heh, so they're still here. Some things never change," Frisk says quietly to himself. He makes his way around the throne room, scanning it head to toe. The ambassador wanders to the edges of the golden flower ring and finds the tallest one of them all turned away from him. This is the person he was looking for. The petals of the flower figure dance. With a smooth turn, the golden flower turns around. It has a face, beginning to speak.

"Howdy, Frisk. It's me again, Flowey the flower," he says.

Frisk softly smiles. "I'm gonna call you Asriel from now on if you don't mind." He continues to smile. "It's nice to see you again. Since you're alone here, I thought paying you a visit would be good."

Asriel's flower petals droop a little. "Thanks, Frisk. How is everyone since they left the Underground? I'm sure they're enjoying themselves on the surface."

Frisk's eyes open up a centimeter wider as his voice raises. "They're doing great! Undyne and Dr. Alphys are now sharing a living space, and Undyne built their house in her own likeness." Frisk gives himself time to chuckle, then continues. "Alphys is still updating her science knowledge while teaching at the local school in Ebott, Sans is a radio host, and Mettaton is now a successful talk show host and actor." 

The Flower smirks a smug smile. "How about that lovable numbskull, Papyrus?" 

"Papyrus is still good ol' Papyrus," Frisk replies back with a twinge of joy in his voice. 

Asriel lifts his flower body head and smiles. "That's good." After another moment, he intensely stares into Frisk's eyes, desiring to hear more about his family. "Wait, what about Mom?"