Chapter 16: Encounter at Grillby's (Part 2)

Blooky crawls out of the car first, followed by Alphys, Mettaton, and Undyne. As the car doors shut, Undyne locks up her vehicle. It reads "Grillby's" in neon hues. The windows show a full house with monsters and humans ducking from aisle to aisle as they grab their plates, and the chairs are filled with smiling faces. Undyne holds the door for the other three. 

The chatter suffocates the room as Undyne closes the door behind them. Plates filled with bones and skins are littering most of the tables. The owner, Grillby, is a manifestation of flame, yet his flaming limbs don't burn his clothes. He dashes back and forth behind the bar counter, pouring drink after drink for the patrons at the bar. Undyne laughs and stretches. "Yup, this is wing night. Grillby's got his work cut out for him!"

Undyne leads the crew to the bar, where the only open seats in the entire house are at the moment. Undyne slaps the counter as Grillby walks up to the group, with Mettaton, Alphys, and Blooky all taking a seat. 

Blooky sees a figure in the corner of the restaurant wearing a black hood. A part of red fabric can be seen coming from the figure's collarbone region. Brown hair covers the top half of the figure's face, flowing yet shaggy. A slight red light emits from the figure's right eye, but one wouldn't be able to notice it unless they looked very closely.

Blooky stares at the figure in the corner, shudders, and then turns back to face the wall behind the counter. Alphys turns to Blooky and tilts her head. "Is something w-wrong?"

Blooky shudders and lowers his head. His voice comes out at the level of a whisper. "They're here...I think. I have that gut feeling again...somewhere behind us."

Alphys blinks, and her glasses fill with light from the glare of the lights on the ceiling. "Wait, you d-don't mean...them, right?" Blooky nods his head slowly.

Alphys turns around, but a voice catches her ear. Her head snaps back around, and Grillby stands before them, empty glass in one hand and cleaning rag in the other. His warm voice flows over the bar like a calm, shimmering river. "Good evening, my friends. What are you ordering?"

Undyne chuckles and points to the take-out containers on the side of the bar

Undyne chuckles and points to the take-out containers on the side of the bar. "First, two to-go orders! I want a plate of spaghetti and a bottle of ketchup!"

Grillby's red, fiery body shifts in hue briefly, then changes back to its normal red color. "The skelebros' usual, correct?"

Undyne beams, motioning to herself and the group. "Yup! And we're gonna be dining in, so we'll take the carry-outs after we're done."

Grillby nods as he cleans the glass in his hand. "That will suffice. However, remember that you don't have to pay for Sans' tab."

Undyne chuckles. "That's Sans for ya. Anyway, I'd like a steak. Good source of protein!"

Mettaton beams and holds the back of his hand on his head dramatically. "I would like a steak too, but it must be in the shape of my gorgeous face!"

Sparks fly out of Mettaton's eyes, and Grillby mutters under his breath. He takes a few paces over to face Alphys and Blooky, setting the fully cleaned glass down on the counter. "And what will you two have?"