Chapter 19: Alloys (Part 2)

A month has passed since Undyne fought Kris

A month has passed since Undyne fought Kris. The foliage slowly sways as the days grow cooler and calmer. The yellows have turned orange, orange is red, red is brown, and the brown has begun to fade away. As the autumn breeze passes through the trees, the frost on the ground dances against the shoes of two monsters. 

Asriel wears his favorite green and yellow sweater with a blue scarf wrapped snugly around his neck. He grips tightly onto the swords and moves his body to and fro as he crosses blades with a fellow sparring partner. Susie wears a thick black jacket. She swings her axe with might and manages to keep blocking Asriel's attacks.

After a few more ebbs and flows from Asriel, Susie takes a few steps back, grits her teeth, and lunges forward. She swings her own axe, and Asriel swipes his blades in a whirlwind of slashes and blocks. He huffs and backs away, waving his hand for a break. Susie nods and places her axe on her shoulder, sighing deeply.

With a sudden jolt, Asriel clenches his fists and grows in stature. His eyes go black, and his body drastically increases in height. The horns on his head grow long, and muscles bulge over his body. He intensely eyes up at Susie. Her yellow eyes flicker and widen, and Asriel charges at her.

Asriel begins slashing the chaos sabers in his hands more quickly than ever. Susie ducks, jumps, and twists her own axe to block. The clanging can be heard all around the block. After Asriel lands a few more hits on Susie's axe, he stops moving. His body quakes, staring at his hand. He gulps, and his tall, mighty form dissipates, returning his normal form.

Just as Asriel's body resets, Susie comes in swinging

Just as Asriel's body resets, Susie comes in swinging. Asriel blocks before the axe can come within his own sparring bubble, and he backs away as Susie slams her own axe more mightily than before. As the slashes grow in strength, Asriel's blocks grow weaker. After many more repeats of this move, Asriel lowers his sabers and dodges the swings from Susie. He moves left and right, and Susie stops after a few more attacks.

Undyne walks off the front porch, clapping and smiling as the pair regain their breath. Susie stretches, and Asriel wipes his forehead with his sleeve. After resting, Asriel and Susie walk up to each other and shake hands.

"Great job, guys," Undyne says. "Seems like my training is coming in handy — you've improved a lot since we began." Asriel chuckles and rubs the back of his head. Susie smiles. Undyne's smile fades, and she crosses her arms. "But you two still have a ways to go!"