Chapter 5: The Greatest Friend (Part 1)

Frisk's mind goes blank

Frisk's mind goes blank. The knife comes down with blistering speed. He closes his eyes tightly, but there's no pain...at least, not for him.

Frisk slowly looks over Asriel's shoulder, and his soft eyes balloon with dread. The figure slashes downward, with the slash stretching from his chest to his upper abdomen. Asriel backs away, and a large laceration appears on the center of his body. White dust particles begin to leak onto his shirt. Asriel grabs his chest where the knife slash was laid and falls backward into Frisk's arms.

"No, no...not again," he pants as Frisk's eyes tremble.

The figure moves backward slightly, holding the knife in their hands tightly. The back door slides open quickly. Shock, fear, and confusion cover the atmosphere as the attendees stare at the Dreemurr siblings. Frisk's soul pounds violently like a giant mallet beating against a bass drum. He grips his chest with extreme vigor and looks down at Asriel.

"No, Azzy... please." Tears begin to fill Frisk's eyes as the party closes in around Frisk. The lanky figure nervously looks left and right, beginning to realize the blunder. "Azzy... please don't give up! You have to live...stay DETERMINED!"

Asriel coughs and then gently looks up at his brother. "I'll... be ok, F-Frisk", he says in between strained, agonized coughs. "Remember...when I said...don't kill and don't be killed?" Asriel coughs harder. "I'm keeping my promise. I'll be fine..."

Asriel's voice trails off, and he faints. The dust particle spread on his shirt. Frisk's tears increase, and he panics, looking left and right. "SOMEONE HELP! CALL 911 OR SOMETHING!" His soul's pain is increasing; his head is spinning; stomach feels sick. He grips his chest again in agony. (My soul...it's hurting so bad...what's happening to me? Is it fear? Is it me shouting for the first time I can remember? Azzy...why?)

The masked figure sees the crowds increase around the Dreemurr brothers, and they turn to run toward the woods. Out of the blue, Sans teleports in front of the figure, standing there with one eye socket empty and one emanating blue and yellow light from his eye. The figure shudders but then confidently readies their knife. "Hey, kid..." Sans' voice growls deeply. "I hope you're ready for a bad time."

Sans then pulls out his gaster blasters and fires away. The figure moves back and forth and up and down with great swiftness. The blaster lasers move with blinding velocity, but the figure moves even faster as the beams burn the grass beneath them. After a few more fires from the blasters, the figure curses to themself and runs toward the back fence. They hop over it and rush into the woods. 

Sans begins to walk towards the woods with both blasters activated and hovering above him, with his eye still illuminating piercing color. "You'll pay for that, you son of a..."

Before he can chase the figure into the woods, a holler is heard from back at his home. "SANS! GET YOUR LAZY BONES OVER HERE, NOW!"

Sans' illuminated blue and yellow eye turns back to normal. "Oh...it's Undyne."