Chapter 13: Growth (Part 1)

The graceful blue sky stretches throughout the land, and the leaves glow in all colors

The graceful blue sky stretches throughout the land, and the leaves glow in all colors. A few of the sun rays shine gently on a tiny flower shop in the corner of town. The blue and gold sign at the front of the building reads "Flower King," and the windows of the building behind it are filled with goldenrods, chrysanthemums, roses, and much other flora. 

Inside sits a very large, middle-aged ram wearing a pink shirt covered in golden flowers and a pair of sweatpants. Asgore leans back in his chair with a newspaper over his face, and small snores fly into the air as his body rocks back and forth.

The phone rings; Asgore falls and snorts, coughing repeatedly. He rubs his throat gently, saunters up from the ground, and gently picks up the phone. "Howdy, this is Flower King: the greatest...and only...flower store in Ebott, Colorado! How may I help you?"

Asgore's eyes light up after another minute, and his smile increases

Asgore's eyes light up after another minute, and his smile increases. "Hello, my son...oh, right! Tell your mother that I will be closing the store early today...yes, in exactly 32 minutes, I will be there...a science project? Wonderful...oh, right...your science project partner will be there, too? How delightful. I would love to meet her...yes, love you too."

He hangs up the phone and gently breathes through his nose. Turning his head to stare at the counter, he sees a picture of two goats of different sizes. One goat is an adult, the other is a child, and a human in purple and blue joins them in the frame. There is a second, smaller picture of a human wearing a green and yellow sweater with bright chestnut, borderline auburn hair, and rosy cheeks next to the first. 

Asgore smiles and looks up at the ceiling, closing his eyes and allowing them to flutter. "Today will be a good day."

...

The far side of Ebott is known for its gorgeous woodland area and multiple quaint parks. Mount Ebott towers above the trees just beyond this side of the small city. The songs of birds fill the air on this quiet afternoon.

One of the tallest buildings on the block is a modest, green-roofed church with brilliantly painted stained-glass windows. The steeple stretches far above many of the other buildings near it, but the building itself is fairly small. One would expect approximately 100 people to fit within its four walls comfortably. A gold and black sign out front reads in gold lettering, "Ebott Evangelical Anglican Church; Reverend/father Alvin; Main Sunday services at 9:00 am and 11:00 am; Short weekly liturgy at 6:00 pm Monday through Friday."